Non Number Victory...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Douglas_my ginger cat, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Morning everyone,

I wanted to share a little victory, that was not numbers related, I had with Douglas last night. When I first adopted him nearly 2 years ago, he would jump up on my bed and sleep on the the bed next to me. For the last 6 months, he stopped doing this.

Well.....last night. I got into bed as usual after saying good night to Douglas who was in the living room as always. 10 mins go by and I hear these little footsteps and a little head pops up on the side of the bed. Douglas jumped up and nestled down next to me. It was just lovely to have him back, purring away as I snuggled into him. Definitely a non number victory for me :D

Does anyone else have any non number victories that they would like to share? :bighug:

2. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Awwww that’s so lovely, Anna! The scenario you describe is just the best, isn’t it. Definitely a victory - it may be due to the insulin helping him to feel better but it could also be because of the strengthening bond between you... he obviously realises that you’re going that extra mile to look after him and he appreciates you all the more for it. Long may it continue!

3. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oh, that is so lovely that it actually brought tears to my eyes.... :smuggrin:

It's so important to celebrate these victories. They are delightful reminders that our kitty is far more than this diabetes diagnosis; and that they are still the same loveable furbabies that they always were...

As Diana says, maybe Douglas is feeling better. Or maybe it's a sign of the strengthening bond between you...
    People can often worry that their kitties will come to fear them or dislike them once they start giving insulin shots and testing blood glucose. But very often the complete opposite is true, and a very deep and powerful bond develops. And it is a very special thing indeed...

4. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

Loved reading that! So so pleased you had your sleeping companion back :)

One of ours was Kyra washing his brother and sister again. He used to love washing their heads and then he would stick his head under their chin expecting the same in return (not that he got what he wanted 9/10) He stopped doing it for such a long time so when we saw him start to do it again it made us so happy.

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

This is lovely! More ahhhhs and waterworks over here in the Shire. <sniff, sniff>

In truth, the only victories are the non-number victories! Numbers are just a guide. Treatment is all about helping our cats to be happy and well. :)

:cat: ((((Douglas and Anna)))) :cat:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.