Newbie Patty and Blue from Georgia

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patty and Blue GA & Brat, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty and Blue GA & Brat Well-Known Member

Blue was diagnosed last week and it has been a roller coaster. After 3 days I realized I had to test or I would no longer get any sleep. His starting BG when diagnosed was 575 and we started on Lantus 2 units twice a day. Since that time, we have had to change to once a day but are now back to twice a day. He got down to 350 but then went to 418 and 546 and this morning it just says High. I will take him back to the vet on Wednesday morning and they are going to check him throughout the day. He is 15 years old and weight is 7 pounds. I found this site from a FB friend. I am still working on food issues but have a multi-cat household so am still trying to figure it all out.
    I just wanted to introduce Blue and I'm sure I will be needing help. I called my vet this morning after the "high" reading. Didn't sound good so that is why he's going in for the day on Wednesday.
    Thanks for being here for us.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forum!
    Uhhhmmm to put this politely... On this forum? GA means Gone Ahead or Guardian Angel. You may want to edit that part of your thread title. ;)

We are glad you found us! We are a community of kitty cat lovers that share a common thread that is DIABETES. We strive to help any and all learn to navigate this disease.
    You may want to start here:
    New? How You Can Help Us Help You!

We also will ask of you to set up a spread sheet to track Blues progress. The signature will appear at the bottom of each of your posts and will include all kinds of pertinent information about Blue you can find out how to do all that here:
    Suggestions, Tech Support & Testing Area

Again WELCOME TO FDMB The best site on this planet to learn everything you need to know about feline diabetes!
    jeanne:coffee:

3. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I don't think it allows me to edit my title. At least it didn't give me that option. Anyway I'm in Georgia ;)

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

LOL Many make that mistake...at the bottom of each post to the left there are three options:
    Edit, Delete, Report.
    Just click the edit option then you can edite your title

5. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Now I'm having trouble with the spreadsheet. It's grayed out on my google docs. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

6. jt and trouble (GA)

Nooo? But I know someone that does ;)
    @Chris & China (GA)

Hold on Chris is a rock star when it comes to these things!

7. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Also, is there a guide as to how to fill the information into the spreadsheet. I don't even know the terminology. :arghh:

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

9. Critter Mom

Also here's something to help you with the lingo:

FDMB Glossary

(You can always find the link in the Feline Health FAQs section, along with oodles of other useful stuff.)

Mogs

Dusty & Roe likes this.
  10. jt and trouble (GA)

Ahhh thanks Mogs!:bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  11. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to FDMB. Blue is gorgeous. Glad to see you have decided to start home testing. That is the best way to manage his glucose levels.

To make it easier on you and Blue, if you can get all of your cats on the same diet, that will help to keep Blue from sneaking food from the others. Plus the added benefit, it reduces the chances of any of your other cats from developing FD. We realize it may not be easy since some cats are dry food addicts, but we can share with you tricks that helped us when we were switching our cats over to canned foods. Not sure if cost will be an issue, but if so, Fancy Feast and Friskies pate canned foods may be an option. You want to try to avoid canned foods with gravy such as fillets, bits, shreds since they are high in carbs.

You probably have lots of questions. Please don't be afraid to ask. The purpose of this board is to help you learn how to give the best care to Blue and your other kitties. All of us have had at least one diabetic cat and you have a lot of great experienced people here to help you.

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

13. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Thank you. That's his baby picture.

It will be hard to get everyone on the same food but I'll look into it. Blue's birth sister is healthy but has constipation. I have another that is on diet food because she's overweight and another with chronic diarrhea. All seniors. Good times. ;)

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

If you could set up you signature that would be great
    • On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature. This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
      • There is a limit of two lines which may include two links; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc. This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
      • Add any other text, such as
      • Caregiver & kitty's name (optional)
      • DX: Date
      • Name of Insulin
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issue (if applicable)
      • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
      • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. If you need help urgently it is important we know these things at a glance. We don’t want to waste valuable time finding out information.

You will see that the signature is in gray at the bottom of each members posts

15. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I can see it, is it just that you can't edit? Are you getting into it from your own Google Drive (not the read-only link in your signature)?

Blue is gorgeous, by the way!!!!

16. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I think I just got it. Do you see it? I don't usually work with a PC but it has a larger screen than my ipad and iphone. I thought paste was control P but I guess it's control V.

Thank you. He's a doll baby!

17. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Yup, your link works, I can see it!

18. jt and trouble (GA)

@Nan & Amber (GA) Are you a lantus "helper" Looks like we have work to do with Blue.
    @Critter Mom
    @tiffmaxee
    can one of you lovely ladies help Rex2u with dosing? I know theres not much to go on but...:(
    j

Kyle & Simon (GA) likes this.
  19. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. I just came home.let me take a look at the ss and read the condo. Well first thing I see is a 7 pound cat should never be started on 2 units of Lantus. Most start on no more than 1.0. If you are feeding any dry food the starting dose would be .50. Lantus is dosed not by the preshot reading but rather by how low it takes a cat so mid cycle tests are a must. It likes consistency so they need the same dose every cycle. It’s a depot drug which means it builds up over time so it takes days to see what a dose will do.

How is testing going? Your vet wants to do a 12 hour curve testing every 2 hours. Most cats are higher at the vet’s office due to stress so if you can do it at home it will be more accurate.

You said you are having trouble with the spreadsheet. Does that mean you have more tests?

I’m going to stop until I get some answers.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  20. jt and trouble (GA)

Thanks Tiffmaxee Theres not a lot to go by :(

21. jt and trouble (GA)

It "looks" like you may have trouble testing. Is this the case Rex2u? Would you mind sharing your name? Its ok If you's rather not. Just askin.:)

Critter Mom likes this.
  22. tiffmaxee

If you are having trouble we can help and you likely need to drop him at the vet but I’m concerned he’s starting on too high a dose. . If your vet said just get two tests a day we can help with that too. I just need to know. Who gave you the dosing advice?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  23. jt and trouble (GA)

Oh there I go assuming again. :rolleyes: I just assumed she meant the Vet told her this. :oops:

24. tiffmaxee

Maybe the vet did but it’s way too high. If you come back on I really urge you not to give more than half a unit or even hold it. If your vet did advise I’m worried about leaving your cat with him/her because I am positive 2 units is cray high. Many vets unfortunately don’t know how to dose Lantus. I worry your cat might go hypo and that can be deadly.

25. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

26. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I am starting from scratch here on knowledge. The lowest his BG has been is 350 from the day he was at the vet after a rough night. We changed to 1 unit but his BG just kept going up. I have not tested him other than after a meal and before his shot every 12 hours. As you see, he registered "high" this morning and I then gave him 2 units. I am getting ready to do another test. I am haven't trouble due to him not bleeding enough. I have rubbed his ears and still not enough to run the test. The lancets I bought might be the problem so I can purchase another type. I have Blue scheduled at the vet on Wednesday. I'm not sure Blue or myself are ready for every two hours. Bless his heart, he's been pretty patient with me but I think he's getting over it.
    I have been feeding him FF classic pate and American Journey I think is the name, from Chewy. I am waiting on another dry food that was suggested but can't remember off hand what it was. It was suggested as a low carb. Blue has never been much of a big eater but recently he's hungry all the time. I'm juggling several senior cats with their own issues so it's getting interesting to get and feed everyone the correct food.

Thanks for your offer to help...I'm very worried and have had little sleep since last week when he was diagnosed.

27. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I was told by the vet to give two units every 12 hours when he was diagnosed a week ago today. He had an "episode" where he wasn't moving and it scared me so I didn't give him a shot. I took him to the vet the next day and they tested all day and got it to 350 but that was with the 2 units.

28. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

How Beautiful is Blue ..... we have to work on what he is eating it can really be a factor in getting his BG under control . My cat was an Oriental shorthair she ate dry food all of her life till I learned better . I thought it would be good for her teeth ahhhhh .
    Jt can tell you how changing to wet food low carbohydrate can change BG levels .
    I know with multiple cats it will be work but I have no doubt you can do this .
    Welcome you and Blue ask as many questions you can think of

29. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Stop what? Testing or giving insulin?

30. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Thank you. He's a dreamboat and has always followed me everywhere. He's has always loved Meow Mix because of the gravy. He never really ate much of the food. He would graze on dry food but loved that gravy. I haven't given him any since last week. He's been eating the FF classic which I was already buying. I think it's the dry food I might have a problem with since I have a multi-cat household of seniors.

31. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm sorry but did I say that somewhere? If so, i have no idea...:arghh:

32. jt and trouble (GA)

Ooooh ok It does sound like Blue had a close call hypo event. sigh
    I HOPE you arent giving up testing it is the only way to make sure Blue stays safe. Also dry food is packed with carbs. If you remove the dry his numbers are sure to drop and might be dangerously low. If he hasnt been eating dry try not to reintroduce it. You need to get the testing down pat first.
    We'll get this sorted. ;)

Critter Mom likes this.
  33. jt and trouble (GA)

we werent sure what you meant by this

34. jt and trouble (GA)

lol sorry that was tiff. smh

35. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Patty is my name and Blue is my cat. I was going to change the name on my profile but I don't think it allows it.

36. jt and trouble (GA)

This will all get sorted . Just know there are caring people here eager to help. I have to start dinner so I will see everyone tomorrow. Sorry if I added to the confusion.

37. jt and trouble (GA)

Hi Patty my name is jeanne Nice to meet you!

38. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I am going to feed Blue and then test him but I'll be back to let you know where his BG level is. I'm supposed to give 2 units after.

39. jt and trouble (GA)

I will try and check it out . right now hubby wants dinner.

40. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Lol I understand when I was transitioning my Cat from dry to wet I must have gone threw every brand out there till I found something she would eat Of courseeeeee she liked the most Expensive oh that cat lol. I know the forum talks about 2 dry foods that are a little better but still not Great I never used them so I have to ask the names from the other member

41. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

@jt and trouble (GA) Jeanne what is the name of the 2 dry foods that are not that bad . To help Blue transition

42. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

The dry food is Dr. Elsey's clean protein Chicken Formula grain-free dry but I just realized it's not on my current order. It's on another that won't come until the end of the month. Yakkkkk I can't believe I did that. I guess I need to go get something because the dry I am feeding are good foods but probably not for Blue. Any suggestions are welcome.

Dusty & Roe likes this.
  43. jt and trouble (GA)

Young Again and Dr Elsey's?Not sure of that spelling sorry

Dusty & Roe likes this.
  44. jt and trouble (GA)

Cool youre already using it. Just remember not to remove it all at once...should you go that way!
    gtg :eek:

Critter Mom likes this.
  45. tiffmaxee

Please don’t give 2 units. He had a symptomatic hypo on that dose. I would not give more than .50.

46. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Hi reading still says HI with no number. :(

47. tiffmaxee

He might be bouncing from dropping too low and likely is.

48. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Thanks Jeanne !

49. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I don't think it has been low yet. 350 at the vet in the afternoon last week. I did just feed him.

50. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm not sure what to do. Doesn't more bring it down?

51. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

52. tiffmaxee

The problem is when a dose brings a cat too low their body reacts and then then BG goes really high. I. Sorry to say this but that reaction your cat had could have been deadly.

53. tiffmaxee

The way Lantus works is it starts working at 2-3 hours after you give it. The bg keeps going down until usually 5-9 hours after the shot. Then it starts to wear off and it goes back up. I am giving a very simple version and there’s lots more to it. You need to test 3 hours after. If tgat numbers is a lot lower than the preshot you need to keep testing and you need high carb food or honey or karo in case your cat drops under 50. I guarantee you that your cat has done that on 2 units. My cat was 14-15 pounds and he started on 1 unit.

54. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm lost with the correct thing to do. I'm not sure he was hypo or not. He had the same reaction the next night. If he's High doesn't that mean he should get insulin to bring it down? It's such a tiny amount. I guess I really don't have a clue what I should do. I was not testing when this happened and that's when I realized I had to start.

55. tiffmaxee

It’s a tiny amount but your cat is tiny. Tell you what. I’m going to send a link to a sticky with a method you should follow here and it says the starting dose is 1/2 a unit. You are giving 4 times that. . Be right back with the link.

you need to read about Start Low Go Slow.

56. tiffmaxee

57. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

You have to build up to more insulin. If kitty requires that much, you'll get there eventually. don't wanna start off too high and have terrible consequences. Start slow. Kitty already had symptoms of hypo on this dose. i wouldn't give the same dose. And kitty can become more sensitive to insulin after a "hypo" event. 2 units is the "golde" standard starting dose that most vets recommend that aren't familiar with Lantus. Not trying to Vet bash...just sayin

58. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Let me make sure we're talking apples to apples. I'm using a 3/10cc fpr u-100 Insulin. I fill to the second small line. Is this correct?

59. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I do think I'm impatient. I want the number down fast. It scares me for him.

60. tiffmaxee

Better a week too high than a day too low. That changes a bit if he was DKA. FD is for most a marathon and not a dance. Did you read that link I sent you ?

61. Briere Fur Mom

:bighug::bighug::bighug:It'll be ok. We all want instant results. Lantus doesn't work like that unfortunately. But, with some patience, consistency, testing, appropriate diet and a lil peer support from the board, you can have results that look like our kitties. Take a peek at some of our SSs;)

62. tiffmaxee

Yes. You should have started on 1/4 that dose and held it for a week. By then you will see how low that dose takes him. Then you do a 12 hour curve and the dose for the next week is determined.

63. tiffmaxee

By all means look but don’t get from by those of us who are testaholics.

64. Briere Fur Mom

Yeah don't think you have to test like us. Data driven crazy folks if you will :rolleyes: Just wanted you see the results of patience:p

65. tiffmaxee

And if you feed some dry and follow SLGS you don’t test close to what we did.

66. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes. I just read it but not sure I understand everything. I am an hour late with his insulin. Is .50 or 1 unit the dose i should use tonight? What about tomorrow morning? Should I test at certain times? I've only tested after he eats which I know will be higher.
    I'm sorry to be so clueless. Now I'm wondering how to tell my vet what I'm doing. She didn't even suggest testing. Yikes.

67. tiffmaxee

You test before you shoot to make sure he’s not too low to shoot. Then you feed a meal to make sure he will eat. The your shoot. All within about 10 minutes. Are you home to test again 2-3 hours later?

68. Briere Fur Mom

We all are in the beginning. It's OK!!! There's a TON of info on this website. Take it slow ask questions. tiffmaxee will be back to suggest your dose;)

69. tiffmaxee

I’m not sure where you are. I would not shoot more than 1.0 but only if you can monitor and post here the results. Otherwise .50 which should have been the starting dose according to SLGS.

70. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I'm home...I have a large house and my mom came to live with me about 5 years ago. She is 95. She has an apt. that I converted.
    My daughter has MS and I care for her too, and she came to stay about 6 months after my mom. It's a full house.
    With the virus, I can't take a lot of chances otherwise I could give it to my mom or daughter.
    I can test when I need too but Blue might not be excited with the schedule.
    So, I should test and then feed and then give the insulin? Was I testing in the wrong order?

71. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I gave a little less than the one unit. It looked like hardly anything in the syringe. Is that correct?
    Do I need to test again tonight?

72. tiffmaxee

I’m glad that you will be home. When was your last test?

73. Chris & China (GA)

This is where I saw it

upload_2020-8-17_21-55-16.png

74. tiffmaxee

Test. Feed. Then shoot. You will need to wait 12 hours until the next shot. Sounds like that will be okay. Will you post your result in 2-3 hours? Since you were giving 1 and 2 think you can give 1.0. That’s it. It doesn’t look like much but it’s potent stuff. Good job. Will you test again in 2 or 3 hours? I’ll come back to check on you.

75. tiffmaxee

I was writing I was stopping my questions until she responded.

76. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Welcome Patty and Blue - My Tina's brother looked so much like Blue when he was a kitten - Already love your little Blue and want him safe.
    The last thing I want to do is confuse you more, and YES, all this is a LOT to take in.

Order, like you said, test, feed, shoot. Many of us would shoot while kitty is eating.
    Like said above, 1 unit would be the maximum dose you should give at this time - we are just worried about him being 7 pounds and starting on 2 units. My girl, for instance is 12 lbs and started on 2u.

Patty, I have a lot of empathy for your family situation. I also have 6 cats (and a younger dog). All my cats are 13+

I see you shot -- good job!

77. Chris & China (GA)

Just tell her that you know people with diabetes and they told you they never give themselves insulin without testing, so you thought it was a good idea for your furkid too. After all, our kitties are just as important to us as our 2 legged kids are

78. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Welcome Patty and Blue - My Tina's brother looked so much like Blue when he was a kitten - Already love your little Blue and want him safe.
    The last thing I want to do is confuse you more, and YES, all this is a LOT to take in.

Order, like you said, test, feed, shoot. Many of us would shoot while kitty is eating.
    Like said above, 1 unit would be the maximum dose you should give at this time - we are just worried about him being 7 pounds and starting on 2 units. My girl, for instance is 12 lbs and was started on 2u.

Patty, I have a lot of empathy for your family situation. Things are super hard in this time of Covid-19.
    I have 6 cats (and a younger dog). All my cats are 13+

Great job shooting!!

79. Chris & China (GA)

With as frustrated as she seemed with her vet's advice, I wasn't sure....I could see her saying she was going to stop until she got some answers too!

80. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I tested at 9 tonight. I fed him first.

81. tiffmaxee

I understand. I was so concerned when I read about the hypo that I wanted to make sure she held off and didn’t want to overwhelm her with questions.
    Patty you have a lot on your plate. We will help you make this part easier. :bighug:

82. tiffmaxee

Okay. Don’t test now. How about you test two hours from now and post the results? I’ll come back then.

83. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Don't be hard on yourself this is nothing any of us imagined we would be doing but the good news is that you love your baby and want only the best care and you landed in the right spot. You are getting excellent advice from experience.

After reading this thread I find myself thinking another vet put a cat in danger....Im so glad you sought out help.
    2 units is a very high starting dose and for a small kitty it is huge. My cat is 16 pounds and gets 1 unit.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I am so happy you decided to give a more gentle dose and @tiffmaxee is a wealth of knowledge.

:bighug:
    WELCOME
    :bighug:

84. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm trying to make it as fun as possible. I have mom come upstairs for a cookout every Sunday. I watch shows with her on certain nights. She's so bored but I can't allow her too many outings. She keeps two cats downstairs but I feed them. I have 6 upstairs. When my daughter first came she had a dog and that was interesting. Sadly Sissy is gone. I think my youngest cat is maybe 12 but I'll have to check. It's hard to keep up. Hope your dog likes cats???
    I'll talk to my vet Wednesday and let her know I've decreased the dose. She is nice but young. I normally see the owner vet but he has cut his hours. Maybe I can train the new one :D

85. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, I can probably do that. I'm a night owl anyway. Thanks.

Critter Mom likes this.
  86. tiffmaxee

My vet is an internist. I sent him Max’s spreadsheet ever few weeks. I took care of the diabetes with help from here and he managed all his other issues. Be back later.

87. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yes, around 1 a.m.

88. tiffmaxee

Hi. Post when you get a BG.

89. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Yay. I think I see how it might work. I haven't tested in the middle of the 12/12. He tested 354. I'm so relieved and so glad I didn't give the 2 units. Wow, that would have been terrible. He's getting a clue now so will have to rethink testing and make him more comfortable. Treats that are good for him should arrive tomorrow. Thanks for all the help and input. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  90. tiffmaxee

I’m so glad. Are you giving insulin at a good time for you? We can adjust your time by 30 minutes every 24 hours. So think about your ideal time. You will need a +2 or 3 or before bed test and sometimes a mid cycle test. We can talk about that later. Get some rest. You might want to start a new thread tomorrow as this is really long and link this one to the new one.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Critter Mom likes this.
  91. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Ha ha ha I'm haven't figured that out yet. I have too much going on. Recently had knee surgery and have PT so it's scheduled different times. I'll eventually get it figured out. Thank you for all the help and encouragement. You have been great. I'll check BG again in the a.m. just to see. I will post again then. Nite.

Critter Mom likes this.
  92. tiffmaxee

Good night.

93. Critter Mom

Just in case you've not found it before, the following site is very helpful:

felineconstipation.org

Mogs

94. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I tested Blue and it's Hi again. He has eaten but I was late with his shot last night so am waiting until 10:30. He's so done with me. :(

95. jt and trouble (GA)

Good morning Patty and EVERYONE. WOW what a thread!
    I skipped down to say this:
    Patty, most Vets believe their clients wont or CANT test. Thats why they never bring the subject up. They have very little faith in their clients which to me is under serving. You MUST let your vet know you intend to be FULLY engaged with Blues recovery and treatment NO MATTER WHAT.
    Your vet cant know one clients preferences over another it is our JOB to inform our vets.

You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good fight!
    j.

96. tiffmaxee

Hi Patty. His numbers are going to fluctuate. It’s to be expected. Don’t bother testing again until shot time. From there we will try and find out his nadir. So you will want a test 2-3 hours after his shot and then depending on the number we can decide the next test. You can shoot 30 minutes early each morning until you get to a time you like. Think about what time that would be. I used to shoot at 6:00 so could get some night tests in. Many choose 6-7 for that reason. You must be so exhausted. I hope you can take a nap today. I never could.

Elise

97. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

Thank you. I do intend on showing the spreadsheet to my vet as well as following guidelines here. She is very nice but has only been practicing a short time. I have been at this practice since 1992 so feel comfortable with the owner vet and he normally will check in on what the others are doing.

98. Patty and Blue GA & Brat

I'm going to go ahead and give him his shot. I have PT at 11 so that works great. I will come home and test to see where he is with BG. I will post then. Thanks so much

99. Diane Tyler's Mom

If you could set up you signature that would be great
    • On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature. This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
      • There is a limit of two lines which may include two links; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc. This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
      • Add any other text, such as
      • Caregiver & kitty's name (optional)
      • DX: Date
      • Name of Insulin
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issue (if applicable)
      • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
      • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. If you need help urgently it is important we know these things at a glance. We don’t want to waste valuable time finding out information.

You will see that the signature is in gray at the bottom of each members posts

100. jt and trouble (GA)

Thanks Diane! I was going to post that link this morning. This is even better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.