New Member 8/28/2020 and scared

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SarahJ08, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahJ08

SarahJ08 New Member

Hi. We are new to all of this and scared to death that we might do the wrong thing and hurt our baby. It is great to find a place with support and to find answers to questions. Max was diagnosed on 8/24/20. We are slowly learning, but it has been so frustrating to not know what is the right thing to do and when. Max is not an only child, so the transition in food for them is not going easily yet. I can not wait to start testing him to make sure we do what he needs every day.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO FDMB Sarah and Max! We are glad you found us. This is a dedicated community of cat lovers that are all bound by one thing, feline diabetes. We strive to help any and all that grace our forum. That means you! For starters reading this may help the stress (we all had) in the beginning.
    New? How You Can Help Us Help You!
    Theres a wealth of information here with good people that will help you navigate this disease. Your first post made you part of this incredible family. :) welcome
    jeanne

3. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Welcome Mr. M! and hiz mamma!!
    Great People and Great Place to be.
    Hang in there, ask questions, read and ...Ask questions
    :p:cat::bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Maddie Mouse

Maddie Mouse Member

It is scary at first, but you'll get the hang of it!

I feed Maddie in a different room from our civvie (non-diabetic) cat Tilly, who will hoover up almost anything (apart from dry food, which she spurns since we switched her to wet!). It's a bit of a pain, having bowls of smelly wet food in my home office (I have a very keen sense of smell), but since she still needs to regain some weight it motivates me to find varieties she enjoys so that she empties her plate!

5. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Welcome Sarah & Max.
    I totally sympathise with how overwhelming all this is - our boy Mac was only diagnosed very recently so I know exactly how you're are feeling - you're not alone in that.
    I won't ever try to answer any technical questions as that is better left to the many experts on here but I just wanted to say that you have found the very best support group possible. They have helped me so much already in just a couple of weeks and there is always someone there willing to spend their time to help us help our sugar babies.

One thing worth a read that helps you put everything in perspective is a letter from a cat to her mom - in the search box put dear mom then in the posted by put Robert and Echo. So true.
    All the best to you & Max for the journey to come - you'll nail it I'm sure ! :bighug:
    From
    Gill & Mac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.