NEED TO CONFIRM DOSAGE PLS!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Last night Missy's BG dropped rapidly from PMPS 219 to +2 84. This is the lowest she's ever been. Although not below 50 and not in immediate danger I followed the directions I received and gave her some high carb food.

I was told she now qualifies for a dose decrease of .25 units. I reduced her dose this morning .25 units and gave her a total of .75 units. As you can see her numbers were quite high all day and her NADIR was 255 at +9. Her NADIR is usually at +6.

I have decided to follow SLGS protocol so I just want to be sure I continue with the .75 units? I do this for at least one week unless she reaches 50 or less. Is this correct?

I hope I am not in for another drastic drop tonight:nailbiting: Is what you're seeing on her spreadsheet normal?

Thank you for your help. Her spreadsheet has been updated for your review.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. You hold the dose of 0.75U for 7 days unless she falls below 90 in which case you reduce immediately by 0.25U.

Nadirs are not fixed. They do move around and are later in bounce breaking cycles. Missy bounced from that 84 last night to 333 and looks like she is clearing the bounce. Let's see how she fares tonight.

Btw, you don't have to test so much. For eg, last night you could have stopped at +6. And a couple of tests this AM would have been sufficient. You test enough for TR! :)

Link to your previous post - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/sudden-bg-drop-pmps-219-84-1-75-117-2.241067/

3. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Sounds great!!! I will carry on with her new dosage of .75 units. I know I test a lot. She is a very cooperative girl so she makes it easy for me and I sometimes I worry she could be going low. Ill try to ease up tonight.
    Thank you for your help again, :) I do feel better when you are around.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

No harm in testing more. Just that you need to pace yourself - this is a marathon, not a sprint. You need to be well rested to be able to take care of Missy! :)
    You will get plenty of opportunities to be up all night testing when she sees lower numbers! ;)

Zelda & Walter likes this.