Need quick response New level 275

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra Pratt, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

Blood Glucose is 370 so my question is do I give her her 1.5 units of insulin like normal or should I give her less? Her lowest numbers happen around the 4 hour mark with a drop of anywhere from 125-200 something.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Not a prozinc user, but that's certainly high enough to shoot. Usually the no-shoot/caution number starting out is around 250 for a pet meter.

Ah, I see you just switched to a human meter. That is why the numbers you are seeing are a bit lower today. Still high enough to shoot, though.

Are you able to test during the day today?

3. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

Yes I will and can test during the day today. I am so nervous at her going too low that I think I am sinking myself out. My worst nightmare is her going too low.

4. Nan & Amber (GA)

As long as you are there for her, and have supplies (high carb food, honey/karo, lots of test strips), you'll keep her safe! It is definitely stressful, though, especially as you start to shoot lower numbers. Again, remember that the meter switch is going to lead to lower numbers all by itself, so be prepared!

How about a +2 to start? That will give you a sense of what she has in mind for the day.

5. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

Yes, ok so I will test a +2 and see where she is. And I have all the hypo supplies ready just in case.

6. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I a
    I am so afraid of going to low, that my cat has too high BG most of the time and your cat's BG is high.

7. Nan & Amber (GA)

I see you've gotten a 100pt drop in the first couple hours. This seems pretty normal for Bitsy.

Have you ever tried giving her a small (low-carb) snack when she drops like this? Sometimes it can help slow them down a bit.

8. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

Giving her food now. She is at 100 right now +4.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Wow!

Def. keep a close eye on her, test no later than +5.

Still very safe right now, though. She's looking good!

10. Debra Pratt

Debra Pratt Member

11. Nan & Amber (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.