My Beloved Rocket- 9/9/1993-10/21/2012

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rocket & his Mom, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Dear LL Family,

Opening one last condo.....

Just letting you all know that my beloved Rocket left me today at 12:26 MT

I want to thank you all for your support, also want to thank LLEF and DCIN for being there for us when we needed you.

He left me truly heart broken.......I'm gutted....no other way to describe it....

forgive me if i have not much to say....I wrote this letter for him

My Beloved Cherished Handsome Rocket,
    I’m writing you this letter the day before you leave me forever. As I sit here typing this letter I’m looking at you while you sleep and I question if the decision is the right one or if it is too soon. But a long time ago I made you a promise when we embarked in the new challenges life was throwing at you. Even though it breaks my heart into pieces, I kept my promise to you today. The decision has been made and they will come tomorrow.
    Today we get to spend time as always….but it will be the last time I get to smother you in hugs and kisses….even though you are still giving me attitude, are eating ok on your own and using the litter box, I rather have that memory of you my feisty-stubborn-loving-cuddling boy. For I will never forgive myself if I were to wait until you no longer knew it was me holding you and loving you.
    Life is a journey and our lives have had an incredible blessed one. You were truly a gift and I feel honoured to have loved you and cared for you. I thank you for always loving me back even though the last few years were challenging for you. I know you forgive me for messing up most of the time. In the 19+ years of our journey together, you have taught me lessons I never expected could be taught by a kitty….was I ever wrong to think otherwise.
    I know you know I did the very best I could offer and I so wish I could have done more. Equally the same you gave it your all and you will always be my hero….for never giving up, for always trying your best in spite of it all.
    We were such a team. The incredible DUO….but this duo has come to a T-road. And here is where our journey together ends. You must go one way without me and I will go the other way without you. We must part ways. And it’s ok. For I know that the road you are going to now travel will eventually lead you back to me again. I will travel my road knowing that I too will get to see you again. My heart is now broken and as I have always told you it is ok for I choose to give you a piece of that broken heart and I want you to take care of it for when we meet again I will ask for that piece of my heart back for it will be then that my heart will be whole again.
    I don’t wish to say good-bye to you my beloved Rocket….I must say “see you shortly” for even if it is years until I see you again, I know with certainty that I will get to hold you in my arms again.
    Sadly, you are not the gift that is meant to be kept forever….I must give you back but know that my love for you will never change. I loved you for 19+ years….I will continue to love you even if you are not here with me in body.
    Thank you for loving me, thank you for being there for me, thank you for being you….my handsome Rocket…..I was blessed to have had your love….I had always thank you for allowing me into your life…..and today is no different….Thank you for spending your life with me….for being you!
    The time has come…….you have now left me….I’m gutted and numb….but your dignity was intact…..I made you that promise……
    KNOW THAT I WILL FOREVER LOVE YOU AND THAT I WILL FOREVER MISS YOU….MY HEART IS NOW BROKEN AND IT WON’T BE COMPLETE UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN

[​IMG]
    I took this yesterday while spending quality time with my boy

Please light a candle for my boy to find his way to the bridge
    [​IMG]

2. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Oh Claudia. There are no words. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

My heart is sad for you and your family. This was not an easy decision.

Karen

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(((((Claudia))))))
    I cry with you. I'm sorry that this day has come and I lift you up in prayer to help bear your broken heart.
    Rocket knows you loved him dearly and you always will.
    You will see him and hold him again.

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((((Claudia))))) we are all weeping with you.....but you know you gave him the greatest gift his ENTIRE life...your love and you did not fail him at the end. You kept your promise. We all love you...we love Rocket. He is with you always.

My favorite poem by ee cummings for you:

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
    I am never without it (anywhere I go you go, my dear:
    And whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
    I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
    I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
    And it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
    And whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

We light a candle to guide him on his way. Fly free, sweet Rocket. You are so very loved and will be missed by us all.
    [​IMG]

5. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I lit Butthead's candle for Rocket just a few moments ago

[​IMG]

Love to you always. It was an honor and privilege to know Rocket, and you are one of the strongest and bravest people I have ever known.

love,
    MJ
    and Donovan's and Butthead's spirits, waiting for precious Rocket at the Bridge

[​IMG]

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((Claudia))))) I am so, so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Rocket. He is now free of pain and waiting for you on the other side. I'm sure all of our GA's gave him a huge welcome.

Fly free, sweet Rocket. wings_cat

7. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh Claudia! Your love for Rocket was always so evident and I know he felt it as well. We are wrapping you up in a big hug and crying with you my dear friend. Fly free little one and land softly. ((((Hugs))))

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Claudia)))

My heart is broken for you. What a beautiful tribute to your special boy. He was a legend here in Lantus Land, and will never be forgotten. You are an inspiration for the care you gave him. He lived a happy life, and he knew he was loved every single day.

My prayers go out to you and your husband in your time of loss.

Fly free, (((Rocket))). You will be missed.

I AM NOT THERE

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn's rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there, I did not die.

9. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

{{{{Claudia}}}} My heart aches for you.
    Fly free Rocket.

10. snorton

snorton Member

Claudia- big hugs to you. You are an inspiration to others in your love for Rocket. I read your posts and cry with you. Sending you comfort and peace. You will see Rocket again....

[​IMG]

11. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Claudia and Darren)))
    I know how heartbreaking it was for you to make this final decision, but as you said, you wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer when your precious boy would not have known you. You are the most loving mamabean there ever was and the love you and Rocket had for each other is a bond that will never be broken. You will see your Rocket one day because what would heaven be without our sweet kitties?

Your letter is beautiful and your words show how much you loved your boy. To live over 19 years is a true testament to the love and care you gave Rocket.

We love you and may God's love surround you and comfort you.

12. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

Although we haven't "met", I shed a tear for you.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for comfort and peace; strength and healing

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

(((((CLAUDIA)))))) There are no words to express how I feel reading this.....My heart fell to my knees!
    I am devastated myself & devastated for you....Claudia & Rocket:
    This was the union of pure unselfish Love & giving, spurring each other in the face of sickness, bad times, hard times, sadness, and disabilities. A Love between you two was amazing, deep & pure, and that you showed him today...
    You & Rocket were our Heroes, as were Linda & Bear Man...Only a few have I known, many I have seen here.. Fought so hard for your furbabies..As I do now too.
    But Rocket was so special, such a fighter, with grace & strength, just like his Love..
    And you Claudia did the Bravest, Kindest thing for him, You let him go....
    If I could wrap my arms around you & try to comfort you now, they couldnt be Long enough for what you are feeling...Praying that you will find Peace for you & your family...Love you Claudia--I will be in touch soon.
    So so sorry dear friend.. wings_cat rb_icon Love never dies Claudia, But Grief is the price we pay for LOVE.
    But he gave you so much. You were Blessed.

14. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) I am so sorry to hear of Rocket's passing. Please dear Lord, protect him and hold him in Your loving arms. He has been a treasure to his mom and will brighten the bridge with his beauty.

Pattie

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Claudia))))) We are so very sorry knowing how difficult this day is for you. Thinking of you as you grieve but also celebrating Rocket's wonderful life with you. Every kitty should be so lucky.
    Liz, Anne, Zener and Tillie

16. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Claudia. Rocket was a brave kitty and had such a loving and devoted mommy.
    It hurts so much when we love so deeply but we wouldn't have it any other way.

What a glorious life Rocket had with you!

Rest easy our handsome Rocket, your spirit flies free, lifted by the love of so many who grieve with your mommy today.

17. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) Your letter to Rocket is so beautiful and written from the heart. I'm so sorry and sad for you. I love the picture of Rocket. Lots of hugs and prayers for you.

18. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Claudia))))) ((((((Rocket)))))

I'm so sad to hear about sweet, sweet Rocket.

You have been the BEST bean for your dear boy and had to make such a difficult and heart-wrenching decision. And you did it out of love and pure devotion.

May you feel the arms of our family here as they wrap around you and hold you tightly. Sharing your tears. And memories.

I am lighting a candle now for Rocket.

[​IMG]

Fly free dear Rocket
    Land softly.

You will be missed.

19. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Rocket’s Path
    ©2012 by Carol Notermann

I could hear you saying “Rocket”, in your very gentle way.
    You told me that it was all right, I didn’t have to stay.
    I was getting very tired, and the pain was leaving too
    I closed my eyes a second, and a field came into view.

I still could hear you talking, but you seemed quite far away
    Though I longed to be beside you, I just couldn’t seem to stay
    For one moment I was with you, and the next I’m running free
    I turned my head and there were others, running next to me.

We ran together through the field, and birdies filled the sky.
    We chased and played together, then I turned and wondered why?
    Why were you not behind us? I wondered where you went.
    Then someone was beside us, and He had a lovely scent.

He petted me and told me that I simply had to wait.
    That before I‘d time to miss you, you’d be coming through the gate.
    He said that very loyal pets, were granted special space
    To wait for those who loved them, to see again their face.

So Mom, know I am waiting with all my friends, and many more
    For the day that I can see again the face that I adore.
    It’s really such a lovely place, there’s no sickness and no pain.
    I’ll run to you and jump to you, when I see you once again.

Thank you for setting me free.

Rocket

9/9/1993-10/21/2012 Rest, and remember, We love you! FDMB

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Claudia)))))
    There are truly no words that are adequate. By each others' side, you and Rocket fought the good fight. Perhaps, even more importantly, you recognized the inherent wisdom that a cat possesses and you listened to Rocket. He let you know when it was time to let him go. It is the remaining gift you had left to give him.

Your tribute was eloquent. Like you, I believe that it is not a final goodbye but an "until we meet again." He is not gone; you hold a piece of him in your heart just as he has a piece of your heart. He will be waiting to meet you at the Bridge.
    [​IMG]

This is a fable that a member here once shared with me. It is a bittersweet tale of how and why we choose the inevitable tears that accompany our decision to be a caregiver of those whiskered faces we love so much. I hope it eases the ache in your heart.

Fly free Rocket and land softly. There are many who we love dearly who will be at the Bridge to greet you and keep you safe.

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Claudia)))
    You know how I feel. I struggle daily with two seniors with multiple health issues. While at times uplifting, for the most part it is heartbreaking and so much time is spent worrying and wondering how to fix it and what else can I do? And When we are successful, even for a while, and another year goes by, we forget that we will eventually have to deal with it again (at least I do) and that we are not dealing with 'human years' although GOD, I wish we were :(

Claudia, you have been an inspiration: you have shown strength when I'm sure you felt like crying your eyes out; you have been the epitome of what unselfish love looks like....with both Rocket and Comet. You have left no stone unturned in caring for Rocket. My last vet said to me when it was time to say goodbye to my last cat Chance, "Chance has always trusted you to make the right decisions for him and you always have. That is how animals know they are loved". I know he believes this. And if this is true, true there was never and never will be a kitty more loved than Rocket is. You were lucky to have each other and it WILL be a great reunion when you meet again and your heart again becomes whole.

((((Claudia)))) my heart , love and tears are with you. I hope that you will find peace in all of the beautiful memories that you have made as well as the ones that you have in your heart.

Love,
    Caryl (Alex & Jackson too)

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I had gone hiking in the woods today, and for whatever reason I knew I needed to check the Board. There it was: your final farewell to Rocket. I sat there on an old log in the silence of those old woods and cried a thousand tears for you, and especially for Rocket. There simply are not adequate words... Your and Rocket's journey has inspired so many of us. The journey has been along one, often times a difficult one but through it all shined an incredible bond, and a deep sense of devotion you both had for one another. I applaud your decision to let him go with his dignity, when he was still Rocket. A thousand hugs for you. He will always be with you in your heart, your minds eye. Your letter to Rocket was beautiful. I shall remember it always. I am forever sorry....

Fly free sweet Rocket. You will be sorely missed, never ever forgotten.

Attached Files:

23. Shai and The Pirate Fitz (GA)

Shai and The Pirate Fitz (GA) Member

Heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved Rocket. We're never prepared for this no matter how much it's expected. You gave your boy such special love and care and I can't help but feel he knew this. Knew and felt your love for him. I'm sure he still does.

I know nothing said can ease your pain right now.

But, please know, you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shai

24. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

(((Claudia)))) I am just soo sorry for you loss. You were a great bean and he loved you dearly. Fly free sweet Rocket.

25. (((Claudia)))) My heartfelt condolences on losing your lovely boy. I am so sorry, but you will see him again and he will be happy to see you!!

Fly free sweet Rocket!! wings_cat

26. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Claudia, I send you many hugs and while still shedding tears for Dude, now combine tears for Rocket with them. He fought a good fight and received and gave so much love.

We know it's coming - and we think we're prepared for it - but there is no way we can know the extent of the loneliness without these furry companions. But what a legacy they leave us - love, laughter and tears - but most of all the love.

That last condo - that last SS entry - that last shot - the remaining furry companion looking for them - so many lasts -

You gave Rocket such loving care. I can only hope that Dude met him and they are chasing each other - free of pain - and young again.

Meanwhile, we all mourn.

Hugs to you.

Emmy & Dude (in spirit) and Mittsi too

27. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Claudia,
    There are no words I can type that will tell you how sorry i am. You, Darren, Rocket and Comet share a most special love; enjoyed by yourselves and admired by all who come in contact with you.

May you always feel Rockets paws as he walks softly across your heart, letting you know that he is right there with you.

with love from mary

28. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Claudia, I'm so very very sorry that you had to lose Rocket. We all know how much you love him and he you. It's a tragedy that their lives are so short. What a sweet beautiful boy he was. I love that photo you took of him getting ready to take a nap with his cuddly. What a nice way to remember how happy and comfy he was and how wonderful he looked at such an old age.

Take care of yourself, Claudia. My deepest sympathy,
    Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

29. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

we all loved rocket, too. so proud and honored that you chose to share his life with us. he was so beautiful and brave, like all our dear dear furry friends.
    fly free, soar high, land softly rocket. watch over claudia when you can.
    ((((((((((Claudia))))))))))

30. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Tears are streaming down my face. It is the most difficult decision we have to make - but the most selfless one....
    Feeling your pain....
    Debie & Jezebel
    [​IMG]

31. Sandy and Boris

Sandy and Boris Member

((((((((Claudia))))))) I'm so deeply sorry . Your letter to Rocket is so beautiful, it was hard to read through my tears. I have always loved looking at Rockets pictures and I'm sure I will visit them from time to time. He'll never be forgotten, many tears are flowing today.

So so sorry.

Fly Free Beautiful Rocket Man

32. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

((((Claudia)))) You made a very difficult decision out of your love for Rocket. You didn’t have time to “second guess”. Perhaps he wanted it that way. He let you know when it was time. He stayed as long as he could and he passed where he would have wanted to. You gave him a wonderful gift and a wonderful life. You and Rocket will always be remembered as LL's Dynamic Duo.

Beyond the Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wonderous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
    I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful-lush, green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

wings_cat Fly free brave Rocket, land softly on your beautiful new wings. You will be missed.

33. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Claudia.....it is with heavy heart and tears that I send hugs to you at this sad time.
    I am so sorry for your loss of your dear boy. You and he shared an amazing life and love....
    Nineteen years filled with memories that will comfort you I hope.
    You have given him the final gift ~ which was the hardest one of all for you to tive him...but you did.
    That was a beautiful letter. Thank you for sharing it with us here.

Fly Free Dear Rocket...until we meet again.... wings_cat

34. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences, my friend. {{{{{{{{{{EXTREME HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Fly free, sweet Rocket, fly free.

35. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

((((Claudia))))) My heartfelt sympathy. Many tears.....
    Fly free, sweet Rocket, fly free.

36. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry....Rocket is a special spirit, and you're a special bean. He will be with you forever, and you will both always be an inspiration to everyone in LantusLand.

Many prayers for you....

37. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

((Claudia)) words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss! My heart breaks for you. My Rocket fly free & have no more pain enjoying his days in the sun. May God bless you & help you deal with your loss. Take care

38. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

(((Claudia)))

My tears are flowing for you and Rocket. Thank you for sharing your heartwarming letter to Rocket with us. I have so much respect for you in regards to all that you did for your beloved Rocket and most of all for keeping your promise to him.

I'm enclosing one of my favourite quotes in the hopes that it will bring you some comfort.

Those truly linked don't need correspondence. When they meet again after many years apart, Their friendship is as true as ever.
    Written by Chinese Philosopher Deng Ming-Dao

Lighting a candle for your sweet Rocket tonight.

Love, Tamara & Ella

39. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Claudia )))

Rocket has left his paw prints on your heart, as well as those of us that have grown to know and love him through you. Hugs and scritches to you, Darren, and Comet, in this difficult time of loss and of memories that make you smile and cry in the same breath.

40. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Claudia))).....I'm so very sorry for the pain you are suffering now. You've taken on Rocket's. There is no greater love.
    My heart is breaking for you.

41. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Dear (((Claudia))).....I'm so very sorry for the pain you are suffering now. You've taken on Rocket's. There is no greater love.

42. Barb & Checkers (GA)

43. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss .. Please just know my heart breaks for you .. Fly Free and land softly rocket ..

44. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Claudia,

A new star shines brightly in the heavens tonight. Rocket is at peace, holding you in his heart as you are holding him in yours. How lucky you were to be able to have so many happy years together. And during the most difficult times you were always there for each other. I read your beautiful tribute to your boy with tears in my eyes, but joy in my heart for the deep love you shared. May your love for Rocket and the knowledge that you gave him the best gift of all comfort you until you meet again.

Thank you for sharing your brave and handsome Rocket with all of us. His last photograph is so very touching. You can see his love for you in his expressive eyes. We have lit Stu's candle tonight to help light Rocket's way to the Rainbow Bridge, where he will find many of his friends waiting to welcome him. Fly free, sweet Rocket, on your beautiful new wings, land softly, and never forget how much you are loved.

(((((Claudia, Darren, and Comet)))))

Please accept our deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

45. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

(((Claudia))) (((Rocket))) We here at FDMB are all better people for knowing both of you. You two have shown how well and enduring a powerful and dedicated duo can be. Run free Rocket you have earned it and our crossed over pets will greet you and show you the ropes. I can only hope I have half the strength your mama, Claudia, has shown us over the last few years.

(((cries)))
    -Sarah, Velcro and Buddy Kitty

46. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh Claudia, I am so very sorry. You were so dedicated to your boy, such love. what a team,eh. I am glad I was able to play a small part in the care for rocket.
    fly free sweet boy and land softly. you have many before you and they are all special. be on the lookout for cal, mr, chubbs and mr, beasley. tell them how much i miss them

hugs claudia

47. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Claudia))))) Such sad news, such a loss, such heartbreak. Fly free, Rocket. You are truly loved. wings_cat

48. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) So sorry to hear that you've lost Rocket and what a difficult decision that is to make. Please accept our deepest sympathy.

wings_cat rb_icon wings_cat​

Lisa & Leo

49. max&emmasmommie

max&emmasmommie Well-Known Member

Claudia, I am so very sorry for your loss. I cried, of course, when I read your letter to Rocket. I know your heart is broken, but you did the right thing for your baby who was helpless to help himself. My thoughts are with you.

50. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss (((((Claudia))))) :(
    You know Rocket will be waiting for you, and he will be happy and healthy until you meet again, and then he will be estatic :)

[​IMG]
    This is for your Rocket, to honor a very very good and precious kitty.
    We all love you.

Fly Free and Land Softly.

51. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss (((((Claudia))))) :(

You know Rocket will be waiting for you, and he will be happy and healthy until you meet again, and then he will be estatic :)

[​IMG]
    This is for you Rocket, to honor a very very good and precious kitty.

We all love you.
    Fly Free and Land Softly, Good Boy.

52. missyandlittlegray

missyandlittlegray Member

Claudia, I'm so very, very sorry. You and Rocket were an inspiration to us all, and I can't even begin to imagine how devastated you are right now. Fly free, dear Rocket, and let Claudia know you're still with her and love her as much as ever.

53. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

I logged on and saw this earlier this afternoon, and I had to log off immediately, as I was watching my DGD's and didn't want to explain to them why I was sitting at the computer bawling my eyes out. What a lovely letter you've written for your dear sweet Rocket. Thank you so much for sharing that and your lives together with all of us. You are truly an inspiration in your care for and love of Rocket. I'm so very very sorry for your loss. What a brave and strong pair you two were. We will never forget him.

Fly free sweet Rocket, land gently, run fast and free, and sleep deeply. Until you two meet again.

54. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Claudia, you and Rocket have fought this battle for so long and so bravely. This is the last gift you can give him, to let him leave when he needs to go. Thank you for your strength and draw on ours as you face the the days ahead.

[​IMG]

55. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Dearest Claudia, there are no words to express my sadness for your loss. Your letter to Rocket was simply beautiful, just like your love for him. Many blessings to you and your family. May Rocket's memory live on forever in all of us.

[​IMG]

56. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Claudia I'm new to the board but wanted to pass my heart felt condolences on to you. It is obvious from the letter you wrote to Rocket that the two of you had a very special bond. We have you in our prayers.

57. Daphne#5 GA

Daphne#5 GA Well-Known Member

Claudia, I have not been on this board in a while, and the first thing I saw was your post. I am so sorry for your loss. I am in tears after reading your letter. I have that loss in side of me everyday, but I know you will see Rocket again, as I will see my own, all of my dear loves. You are very brave to be able to do what you did, I wish I was, after I read your letter. It was so wonderful to be able to say goodbye like you did. Fly free little boy. wings_cat

58. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Claudia I'm so sorry that Rocket's time came. What a wonderful final gift you gave him setting him free despite your heartache. I don't think there can be a greater way to show your love. I have lit a candle for your precious boy to help guide his path.

59. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

The greatest love is the love to set free. You are a very brave woman, Claudia.
    I came from a different culture. As a buddist we believe we met because there is a special bond between us, human, animals, all soul. There is no seperation, only move on to exsistence in another form. Rocket will be always around you. Pls take care!

60. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

Fly free, sweet Rocket. wings_cat

{{{Claudia}}}

61. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Claudia, I posted on FB last night and came to read your last condo this morning. As I read, your words just touched my heart and I could feel the pain and sorrow you were feeling. My tears are flowing quite freely...tears for your loss and tears for Rocket, knowing that he is continuing on a journey without you. I am so glad that you had time to spend with your boy, had one more day to love him, kiss him, smell him....those moments will forever be in your heart. You made the right decision for Rocket and for yourself. The ultimate gift is to send your boy off before he could no longer be the boy you knew him to be.
    Fly free Sweet Rocket....there are so many of our Babies there to great you, to play with you, to show you the ropes...Know that this is only a detour in your journey and that you will see your loving mum soon and again you will be together, this time forever.

Rocket.....we love you and we will miss you so much

62. Deb & Spot

Claudia, I posted on FB last night and came to read your last condo this morning. As I read, your words just touched my heart and I could feel the pain and sorrow you were feeling. My tears are flowing quite freely...tears for your loss and tears for Rocket, knowing that he is continuing on a journey without you. I am so glad that you had time to spend with your boy, had one more day to love him, kiss him, smell him....those moments will forever be in your heart. You made the right decision for Rocket and for yourself. The ultimate gift is to send your boy off before he could no longer be the boy you knew him to be.
    Fly free Sweet Rocket....there are so many of our Babies there to great you, to play with you, to show you the ropes...Know that this is only a detour in your journey and that you will see your loving mum soon and again you will be together, this time forever.

63. Deb & Spot

64. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Oh Claudia, this is so sad. So sad that words aren't coming easily.
    Your love, devotion, and commitment to Rocket has been such an inspiration for us all.
    I'm so very, very sorry.

wings_cat Fly free dear sweet Rocket... always loved and never forgotten.

Hugs and tears,
    Jill

65. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) You are and were Rocket's soul mate and hero, and you gave him the wings he needed to fly free. I am heartbroken for you. I will write more soon. Tears and prayers for you.

Jane

66. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Claudia)))) I am very, very sorry for your loss of Rocket. (tears) You both fought a long hard battle and Rocket knows how much you loved him. Rocket is now whole and happy waiting for you at the bridge. Blackie along with many others will be there to greet him. I hope in time your deep love for Rocket and your memories will ease your pain.
    wings_cat

67. gnjswfla

gnjswfla New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our beautiful boy Spanky isn't doing well and I know we'll be faced with the same issue. God love ya....You remember your heart is a muscle when it breaks like that.

68. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Rocket. You will be missed by so many.
    wings_cat
    My deepest sympathies,
    Marcy & Klinger

69. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

Oh Claudia! My heart is broken in a million pieces for you. Hugs hugs hugs. There are no words.

70. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

So sorry to read such sad news.
    Best wishes.

71. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Claudia. Crying. I am so sorry you lost your beautiful Rocket. You are wonderful and an inspiration.
    Thinking of you.

72. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Goodbye

With heavy hearts; and a tear in our eyes
    after all these years; we must say goodbye
    Please understand; we've done all we could
    if there was anything we could do; you know we would

I'm sitting right here; gently rub your ears
    while I talk to you softly; trying to hold back the tears
    The memories you gave us; we'll never forget
    especially the ones; of the day we all met

One last hug; and one last kiss
    you have no idea; how much you'll be missed
    To look into your eyes; this one last time
    you tell me it's ok; you know it's your time

Close your eyes now; and go to sleep
    we'll pray to the Lord; you're soul he'll keep
    Go in peace now; our good friend
    we'll stay right here with you; until the end

Dream of that special day and time
    when we'll meet at the Bridge; and all will be fine
    We'll run and play; side by side
    with a soft warm feeling; deep down inside

Your memory will live on; in each one of us
    you'll always be number 1; to all of us
    Have a safe journey; through the night
    I promise when you awake; you'll be in God's light

So with heavy hearts; and tears in our eyes
    just for now my friend; we say goodbye.

--John Quealy

73. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

(((Claudia))) I’m so sorry to read this sad news. What an outstanding letter you wrote for Rocket. You kept your promise even if this was the most difficult decision for you.

I know nothing I can say right now will ease your pain. In time you will have your beautiful memories of the 19+ years you shared together.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Fly free sweet Rocket. You will be missed. cat_pet_icon

[​IMG]

74. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

So sorry for your loss. Fly Free Rocket wings_cat Land Softly rb_icon

75. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh (((Claudia))) I'm so very sorry it was time for Rocket to leave. You both fought so hard and you took such good care of him.

Tears

Fly free sweet Rocket. (((Claudia)))

76. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((Claudia)))))))) my heart breaks upon reading this Do Lou and I are sending lots of hugs your way

Fly Free Rocket wings_cat wings_cat wings_cat wings_cat rb_icon

77. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

It is with a heavy heart and much sadness that I read the passing of Rocket, well Hear of it, cause I still cannot bring myself to read your letter to him yet. You and Rocket were the first to help Mowgli and I through so much and you were always there for us,while helping Rocket through so many tough times and you took such AMAZING care of your sweet Rocket. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him, you made me feel like I knew him through your stories and descriptions. I am sending much love and strength to you, and hope that you, darren and comet find peace in knowing that Rocket is healthy once again and running and playing and enjoying all his favorite activities across the rainbow bridge while he waits for you..You gave him an AMAZING and LOVED 19years and I know he gave you the same...
    Much love and hugs, and I hope peace finds you..
    Fly Free Sweet Rocket

78. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Claudia/Darren/Comet - I'm SO sorry it was Rocket's time to cross. I've tried to post several times but each time my heart breaks all over again. Rocket is SO loved, his leaving left holes in many of our hearts. Claudia, I thank you so much for sharing your babies and your heart with us. Sharing your journey has taught me so much.

Fly free sweet Rocket - I know now you've firmly planted right in Mama/PapaBean's hearts just waiting for them to realize it. You're not 'gone', they just have to hug you differently.

79. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

My heart just sank when I read this. I know how very much you loved Rocket and how you were cherishing every last minute with him. He was and will always be truly loved and he knows this. May his spirit still come to comfort you.

Fly free Rocket

80. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

((((Claudia, Darren, & Comet))))

I cry hugh racking sobs, that just would not stop. I am so terribly sorry for your loss of your beloved Rocket. There just are not enough words. You we're there for us when we lost Miss Witty, if I can offer any comfort at all please don't hesitate to contact me.

I will light Witty's candle to help guide Rockets way along with all of our beloved GA's wings_cat .

Miss Witty's candle for beloved Rocket. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=17120234

81. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

if only they didn't have to leave us . . . the moment we all dread. your arms may be empty, but your heart has been blessed beyond measure by the love of your little Rocket. i have loved meeting him through your stories and pictures. you always put his needs ahead of your own, even to the last choice for him. my heart goes out to you, claudia. i wish you peace & healing of your grief.

[​IMG]

82. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

((((((((Claudia)))))))) I am so very sorry to learn of Rocket's passing, my heart goes out to you and yours.

Your love and devotion to Rocket has always been an inspiration to me.

Fly free, Sweet Rocket.

Desi, Tinkerbell, Tawny & all the 4-Legged Furry Creatures here.

83. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Claudia,
    My heart is so heavy for you. I know Rocket was your soul kitty. You were the best mama he could have had. Saying goodbye was probably one of the hardest things you've ever had to do. But by keeping your promise to him it shows just how much you loved him.

Fly Free Sweet Rocket Boy.
    You will never be forgotten.
    Till you meet again.

[​IMG]

84. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

(((hugs))) thinking of you Claudia. <3

85. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I would like to take the time to say Thank You for your kind words and condolences, for taking the time to write to me privately also, for checking in on me….no words can accurately describe how humbling it is to receive such outpouring of love from you all…..I am forever grateful.

When Rocket and I began our journey with his multiple illnesses, I embarked also on my own journey in trying to learn as much as I could in order to provide the best I could offer him….I know he knew well how much he was loved. In signing up to the many support groups, I got to know so many people, caring folks like you who were also dealing with your own challenges in caring for your furbabies…and people got to know us….me and Rocket…and on my signature line (on the other boards) I always included Comet (the dog) for everyone to know that Rocket had a brother but not of his same kind. I was completely blown away (can’t find the right words to describe it) on how much love you guys have shown for my beloved Rocket….and the care and concern over Comet now dealing with his own illnesses. I appreciate it all….thank you.

In the days leading up to Rocket leaving me, I strongly believe that he was well aware that Comet was going to need me, and need the same love/care/attention that he received from me. He was selfless, for I know he was well in tune with what was going on at home and with Comet. It is as though he was saying to me that it was ok for him to leave me that Comet now needed me.

I stayed home on Friday after taking Comet to the ER the night before. I tried to get a few hours of sleep but at the same time I aimed at not only looking after Comet but also to see if Rocket was improving with the antibiotics now in his system. I noticed things had changed even from the night before.

That afternoon after Darren got home from work and I started to have the talk with him about making the arrangements I still kept a watchful eye on Rocket. Early evening arrived and I knew he was looking a bit more tired. Then I had the talk with him as he rested his head in my hand and I said to him that I knew he was getting tired of it all and that I was keeping my promise to him and that daddy had made the call and that we were just waiting for them to call us back and see if they could come the next day. I told him it was ok to be tired, but that I knew he would feel better soon.

As I held his head in my hand I went to place it on the floor (we were both on the floor) and as I’m about to get up I turned to him and I said “I made you a promise Rocket, mommy will make it alright for you”. He actually nodded as though to be in agreement. It was then that I knew our time together was up. My heart was truly broken but there was no time to waste. It was always about him and I wanted to make sure he knew how much I loved him. I told him I wouldn’t cry for the crying would come later after he was gone. We spent the entire night together. He ate, we cuddled and I kept on telling him we were waiting for a call back.

Saturday morning came and the phone rang. The vet that was to come home couldn’t make it and made the apt for Sunday instead. I rushed to talk to Rocket and told him that the lady couldn’t come that day but that she would make it all better for him the next day. I told him Saturday would be all about us two, and of course his daddy and brother. That we would spend time together as a family one last time.

I made sure Rocket got to have all the treats he hadn’t had or at least in the quantity and in one sitting as much as he got to enjoy them that day. He enjoyed cream cheese, ice cream, temptations, HC gravy, and dry food. I took joy in watching him eat knowing that at least he got to enjoy all of his favourites.

He got to spend time in the hallway, on his balcony, sitting next to me on the love seat watching tv. We cuddled and yes…he still gave me attitude…..he wanted things done HIS WAY….so I made sure it happened so…..

Rocket was a huge presence here at home…..our place seems so very empty without him…though Comet is still here with us….Rocket was the leader and it has been incredibly sad and upsetting to see Comet mourn the loss of his brother. He looked for him the first few days. A tough week for Comet too.

Rocket came home on Tuesday, Darren picked him up and said it was the hardest thing he’s ever done. But he took comfort in knowing Rocket was coming back to where he belonged.

I am heartbroken….but I know in my heart I did what was best for Rocket….I always put him ahead of everything even if it meant for me to be completely gutted and broken….

I miss him so much…..

I miss his smell, I miss his touch, I miss his look, I miss him, I miss him, I miss him…..

But I promised him I was going to be ok……I owe him that promise and I intend on keeping it…..

I have attached some pictures…..

Thank you for keeping me/ us in your thoughts and prayers…..it has meant so much to me/ us….

I will go away for a bit and when I find the strength I will come back to help out….I know there are people that need encouraging words or guidance and I promised Rocket I was not going to let the knowledge I gained thru dealing with his illnesses go to waste….that I would put it to good use to help others….is another promise I made to my beloved Rocket……..

Sincerely,

Claudia……forever missing my beloved Rocket, & Comet (the dog)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

86. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) Everything you have written touches me so deeply. The photo of Rocket's resting place with the candle burning is beautiful. He will never be forgotten. My prayers are with you and Darren and Comet.

87. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Claudia, my heart and prayers go out to you and DH. Rocket's resting place is so beautiful, and I love the pic of him. Lots of hugs to you and prayers and healing vines for Comet I hope you won't stay too long, but we understand.

88. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Claudia,
    I had not seen your memorial photo, a beautiful tribute for an incredible kitty.
    you have been in my thoughts this past week, as well as Comet.
    hoping you are doing as well as can be expected and taking each day one at a time.
    ((((hugs and prayers))))

~ always in my thoughts and missing you Rocket

89. sanrun

sanrun Member

That's a beautiful photo of Rocket and a pretty urn. When, I got the urns for Cecil and Jessie I had a hard time putting them out. I have them setting in our office/tv room now. It doesn't make me sad to look at them anymore. I hope with time your sadness will pass and you can smile again when you think about Rocket. :YMHUG:

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter, Tilly & Bubba!

90. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

A beautiful portrait, a beautiful resting place. Thank you so much for sharing your last days together with us. I can feel your heartbreak and pain thru your words. Holding you, Darren, and Comet close in thoughts and prayers, and Rocket, too, always. You are truly an amazing person, so strong, caring and dedicated. I have no doubt that Rocket won't be far away as you and Darren dedicate yourselves to Comet, providing love and support as he has always done. Hugs to all of you.

91. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Claudia)))
    Thank you for sharing your beloved Rocket with us. You and Rocket have always been an inspiration to me and your love and devotion to Rocket has kept me going through the tough times with Simon and Cleo. You have always been there for all of us, guiding us and giving us advice, even while going through the most incredibly hard times with your boys. Now it is our turn to help you -- please lean on us.

May God give you strength, healing, comfort and peace.

92. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) I have no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. Your love for and devotion to him was always so evident in all your posts here and on the CRF list. He carries your love with him even now, in spirit; it is what connects you two still. I know how devastated you are, and I wish there was something I could say that could take away the pain, but I know there isn't. In time, may you receive signs from him that he is well and remains connected with you, and may that knowledge ease your grief a little.

I came across Henry Van Dyke's A Parable of Immortality after Meowzi left her physical body, and it gave me much comfort. I hope it offers you some comfort as well.

A Parable of Immortality

I am standing upon the seashore.
    A ship at my side spreads her white
    sails to the morning breeze and starts
    for the blue ocean.
    She is an object of beauty and strength.
    I stand and watch her until at length
    she hangs like a speck of white cloud
    just where the sea and sky come
    to mingle with each other.
    Then, someone at my side says;
    “There, she is gone!”
    “Gone where?”
    Gone from my sight. That is all.
    She is just as large in mast and hull
    and spar as she was when she left my side
    and she is just as able to bear her
    load of living freight to her destined port.
    Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
    And just at the moment when someone
    at my side says, “There, she is gone!”
    There are other eyes watching her coming,
    and other voices ready to take up the glad shout;
    “Here she comes!”
    And that is dying.

~ Henry Van Dyke

93. arniesdad

arniesdad Well-Known Member

(((((Claudia))))) I am so sorry!! I know how much you Loved Rocket and I know he Loved you just as much! Having gone through this same thing not that long ago I also know how much it hurts. Now having more problems with Comet has got to make it even harder. I lost my mom right before I lost my Arnie. There are no words to describe the pain I went through and I know yours is no easier than mine was. Just know that you did the right thing and when the time comes to let Comet go, you will know he will be joining Rocket again on the other side of the bridge. Your tribute is beyond beautiful and I Love the pictures, urn and candle! I hope that Rocket meets my Arnie in Heaven. They could become good friends too! We will see them again someday. Thank You for all you have done to help people here on FDMB. Rocket will NEVER be forgotten!! Fly Free Rocketman!!

wings_cat

~Forever Arnie's Dad~

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

94. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Claudia,

I am thinking of you and Rocket still as tears slide down my cheek for you. I hope each day God helps to ease your pain just a tiny bit. I know how you feel.

95. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Claudia - his urn is beautiful. I love how you have his pawprint and picture set up beside him. I have the same for Nike and Maverick. I wish I could have met him in real life and I wish I could give you real hugs.

I know you would prefer responses here so I'm cutting and pasting my message from facebook so you don't have to.

Claudia, I wish I was there so I could give you real hugs. I knew he did not have forever but I was hoping you would have more days with your special boy. I will always remember you and him. He is a lesson to me and many others in trusting yourself and treasuring each day that we have with them. It is never ever long enough. Each and every day was a blessing. I know in my heart that Rocket was meant to be yours and only yours. I know he is by your side right now, wanting you to know he is okay, free, whole and full of energy. Watch for signs that he is okay. My heart wasn't open to this with Maverick but I got them with Nike. Right after I said goodbye to Nike I wanted her back for one more day. I know that would have been for my benefit, not hers. I know you say that the pain we feel when we say goodbye is part of being human, I wish I could wave a wand and take it all away though so you won't be hurting. You and Rocket will always be an inspiration to me. I am so sorry. I will light a candle for Rocket tonight. Keeping you in my thoughts and heart.

These two poems spoke to my heart when someone posted them on Maverick's last condo. I hope they speak to yours and provide some comfort.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "there, she is gone!" There are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad should: "Here she comes!"

Look not where I was
    For I am not there
    My spirit is free
    I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
    In the sounds that you hear
    Don't cry for me Mom
    My spirit is near

I'll watch for you
    From the other side
    I'll be the one running
    New friends by my side

Smile at my memory
    Remember in your heart
    This isn't the end
    It's a brand new start

96. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

I have had no internet for a while, so I just heard about Rocket.
    I am so sorry for you loss.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Fly free sweet Rocket.

97. Thelma and Calistica

Thelma and Calistica Member

(((((Claudia))))) I cried with you when I read your tribute to you beloved Rocket. I've known you for a long time and you always did everything in your power to make sure Rocket had the best quality of life a kitty could have. You've also helped me and I'm sure others in this and other boards.
    You never gave up on him! You let him go out of your love for him.

My heart and prayers go out to you.
    Thelma

98. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

(((Claudia))) Like so many others who have written here, tears sprang to me eyes when I read your message, and more still came when I saw your last post. I think what resonates with me so profoundly is the total unconditional love you have for Rocket. As a fellow animal lover, I identify with the companionship you describe and the clear adoration you had for your sweet Rocket. I am so very sorry for your loss... Rocket was a lucky cat to have such a wonderful Mother who provided him a loving home, fantastic care, and who was humane and compassion enough to put his well being above her own feelings. It is one of the hardest decisions we will ever have to make, but one of the kindest gestures you could ever show to your furry soul mate. Please know how touched I am by the special relationship you had with Rocket, and I hope you can feel the love, hugs, and tears I share with you.

99. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

Oh Claudia, I'm so sorry to see that Rocket has passed. I could only read half your letter -- just had something in my eye you know? Sending you vines to help mend your broken heart.

100. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.