my avatar

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by judy and squamee(GA), Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey guys, with help from Joanna's info in the Tech forum, I can now show you Squamee!!! dancing_cat

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a cutie. Do you think she's feeling better? And how about those twins? I hope they're still snuggled inside their mom. :smile:

3. judy and squamee(GA)

Thank you for appreciating her! I think of her as a queen (wearintg a regal collar), and surveying her kingdom. The twins are still inside, where they belong---today is week 34, next Wed. is the magic 35--when lung development is supposed to be viable. Hope she even goes beyond that. 37 weeks is ideal. Thanks for asking.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, she is gorgeous!!! Can you remind me what her name means? Is it from another language?

Good news on the twins too!

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

YAY Squamee! :) She really is beautiful. She does look regal, particularly with those eyes and that magnificent fur. I like to put a face with a name, as it were. ;)

Such good news about the twins, too! I was just thinking about them earlier, actually. We will keep sending those "stay inside" vibes to them. :)

6. judy and squamee(GA)

Wish I could say I was that creative! Her name comes from Lake Squam in New Hampshire. We got her there when my husband and I took our first real vacation alone after we had kids. My oldest daughter had left for college and we laughed about the fact that just as one left us we came home with another baby!. I saw this adorable little kitten in a grocery store where we stopped for something and asked them if I could buy it. They said no, they had gotten it to catch mice, but it came from a litter with other kittens that were still available. They directed us to a house about 20 minutes away, the next door neighbor was a friend. So off we went, and were told the house was open and we could go in and take any animal we wanted!!! The doors were unlocked and there were cats and dogs everywhere! There were actually 2 litters of kittens that looked quite similar---ones the age of the kitten I had wanted, and another litter a little older. I wanted a little kitten (and yes, even today I call my daughters my kittens) but DH picked out this one because he thought she was the most beautiful and convinced me that they wouldn't be little kittens for that long anyway. So we picked her up and left with her. We stopped at a local store to get a cardboard box and used dirt from the road as litter. She sat on our shoulders all the way home. We loved Lake Squam and the way we found her, so we named her Squamee.

7. judy and squamee(GA)

Thanks for the good vibes for the twins. Maybe I'll call them my grand-kittens!

8. Sarah and Buzz

That's a really great story, Judy! :) It certainly seems as though your husband made a good choice (in both the kitty AND you). :) How old is Squamee now?

This story gives me an idea for PZI land...

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

That's an adorable story Judy! I'm trying to picture a cat in my local Safeway, there to catch mice, LOL! And a house with the doors unlocked (and not one that's about to be robbed....). I wonder if Squam is a native American word then, that's how Squamee has sounded to me, but I haven't been sure what the PC way to state that is, LOL! Well, any way you look at it, she's clearly a charmer. :)

10. Sarah and Buzz

I give to you for your reading pleasure:

Squam Lake was originally called Keeseenunknipee, which meant "the goose lake in the highlands". The white settlers that followed shortened the name to Casumpa, Kusumpy and/or Kesumpe around 1779. In the early 1800s, the lake was given another Abenaki* name, Asquam, which means "water". Finally, in the early 1900s, Asquam was shortened to its present version, Squam.

The 1981 film On Golden Pond was filmed on Squam Lake.

*=The Abenaki (or Abnaki) are a tribe of Native American and First Nations people, a subdivision of the Algonquian nation of northeastern North America. The Abenaki live in New England, Quebec, and the Maritimes, a region called Wabanaki ("Dawn Land") in the Eastern Algonquian languages. The Abenaki are one of the five members of the Wabanaki Confederacy.

11. judy and squamee(GA)

Squamee is 15 1/2.

12. judy and squamee(GA)

WOW, Sarah! Thanks for the info. Where did you find it?

13. Sarah and Buzz

On Wikipedia. :) I love the internet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.