Mouse jumping again!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Polgeria, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

So I never realized that Mouse not jumping could have been neuropathy until I started reading about it here. She had stopped getting into bed with me months and months ago, and was more climbing into her cat tower using small hops. We had been attributing it to her age.

When I read about it here, it clicked in my head, and I ordered the B2 off the link provided. It hasn't arrived yet.

This morning, she made her first jump in a very long time onto the counter for her breakfast!!!

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

What wonderful news, Allison! It's great to hear how well your girl is doing. :cat:

:bighug:

Mogs

Polgeria and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I NEVER get tired of hearing this! CONGRATULATIONS MOUSE! :bighug:

4. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

We caught her diabetes within months of her getting it. She had gotten extremely sick back in December, and had a slew of test done, she didn't have it then. I think that's why we've been so lucky with her turn around.

5. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

So I just got the B12 capsules. They're 5,000 micrograms. Do I sprinkle this whole capsule on her food?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

they are water soluable so the excess is excreted in urine),
    I use the Vitacost B-12 Methy 5000 mcgs and I pour the whole capsule on his wet food and mix it in

jt and trouble (GA) and Polgeria like this.
  7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

We could only find the tablets every bowl of food Trouble ate has a tablet crushed and mixed into food.

8. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

Success! She ate her dinner and didn't notice the B12 at all.

9. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Well done, Mouse! :cat:

Mogs

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  10. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Hello! I just got my first shipment of the Vitacost methyl B12 and folic acid from a previous post I saw from you. I’m assuming you just give the dose of 1 capsule B12 and 1/2 tablet folic acid crushed once a day, right? I’m starting to see some weakness in his back legs but not full neuropathy yet. I just want to get ahead of it if I can. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.