Luna 8 months OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Ronnie & Luna, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

And I missed it!
    :lol:

Tested a new meter today, the iTest.
    Luna got his furry thick ear out, while I wasted the first strip and the meter beeped and scared him :lol: what a freak!

Poked him again, and he hit 68 at +5 this morning, in between snacks, weirdo!
    He decided one snack wasn't enough so he begged me for more.
    Then promptly headed to the closet for a nap :lol:

This weekend was his 8 months annifursary and I only realized it today @-) time sure flies when you don't poke :lol:

All our best to all our friends at the Falls! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ronnie,
    Congratulations to you and Luna on your 8 months annifursary! Time does fly, doesn't it! How do you like the iTest meter? I've never heard of this brand. Were you using the Relion previously? I'm thinking of buying the Accu Check Aviva as it only takes a small sample blood. My Alpha Trak meter is a good meter, but it doesn't sucj up the blood as well as some of the others.

Have a nice celebration today. What surprises do you have planned for Luna? Take care.
    :RAHCAT flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

Ann & Maggie

3. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Ronnie, congratulations! And thank you for being such a wonderful guide to Lantus Land. I admire all you know and all you share. :thumbup :YMHUG:

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Thanks Kathy and Ann!

Ann: I think the iTest meter is only available in Canada
    Here is some info on them: http://www.itestglucose.com/

I like it, it looks like an ipod, lol! Very small, but it seems to work ok, lots of time to collect blood, and it didn't require much.
    Luna's ears are furry and hard now, so I rubbed his head and he shakes his head and his ears warm up :lol:

Can't get the Relion up here in Canada unfortunately. I was using the One Touch, to which strips are about the same price for the iTest, so no big savings, so I will stick with my freebie 10 pack they gave me til it runs out.

Luna didn't get anything special, except some kisses and a cat_pet_icon good boy snuggle!
    We'll save the big celebration for the Big One in January (antijinx!)

Take good care guys!!

5. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Ronnie & Luna 8 months congrats!!!!!! Thanks you so very much for all your help ....You are a great friend LOL Kath

6. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Congratulations on 8 months! Time does go by very quickly. I can remember being distraught the first week AJ was diagnosed and now look, it's been over a year!

I think Luna should get one more snack (well, maybe a little one)! :lol:

7. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Ronnie & Luna,

Yep, time sure does fly when you're having more fun! I forgot Jake's four month remission anniversary on September 13th until I checked this forum! So congratulations on eight months OTJ - it is so wonderful isn't it?! Like Luna, Jake loves closet naps!

Jake is the best he has been in years, and he is 18+. Both he and my civvie cat, 11-1/2, got clean bills of health at the vet last week. The vet tech at my vet's place, who sees cats only, said that the longer kitty has been in remission and stays on canned food, the likelihood of coming out of remission dwindles and is unlikely. Anti-jinx! All paws, fingers, and toes crossed.

Judy, Jake, & Civvie Boomer and Emma the beagle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.