Liquid Glipizide???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jen & Squeak, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I am giving some advice to a friend of a friend, whose cat has just been diagnosed with diabetes. Her vet has suggested a liquid diabetes med that he has said has a 1 in 3 chance of working...sounds like glipizide to me but I've never heard of it being administered in liquid form. Any thoughts? I just realized I should have just googled the glipizide webpage but now I've started this I think I'll leave it here...sorry!

2. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

Hi Jen,

I am assuming that they are just taking the raw material and compounding it into a liquid just as other meds are compounded into flavored liquids when the manufacturer only makes pills.

Of course I know that you are doing your best to drag your friend to a proper treatment of her cat with insulin.

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured something like that. I told her that if she's paying for meds she might as well pay for insulin, and also that the cat should have antibiotics sooner rather than later :) I just have to remember how tough it was for me to know what to do when Squeak was diagnosed :)

I have given her links to various FDMB pages and she's done some reading, so that is good!

4. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

You might want to advise her of the Lantus coupon just in case. There are still a couple hours left, depending on where she is located.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.