Lifestyle Libre - A great alternative to poking

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie L, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie L

Julie L New Member

Hi All
    Just throwing it out there. Kitties and parents get tired of being poked and doing the poking. We just had our vet put one on Edward who was recently diagnosed and it is such a noninvasive way to get BG reading. I believe you can get a reading every 20 minutes but need to double check that. Our vet called the prescription in to Costco and it was $70. The App is free to download from the App store. It lasts two weeks and then you can do it again or do it again another time. It logs all tests with date/time/BG. It may sound expensive but some of the supplies are as well. Everyone deserves a rest. Just something to think about and consider.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s great sure, but a lot of cats won’t keep it on. If it comes off, then you’re back to having to home test as your only option. It’s also not something everyone can afford financially. Even $140 a month plus the vet costs can be a lot for some folks. I personally would rather prick Minnie’s ear 4 times a day then put her through the stress of a vet visit every 2 weeks which is way worse for her. My two cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.