Kitty tested at 79

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I actually skipped last week's test. :eek: Kind of held my breath waiting for the BG to pop up -- and then smiled!!

Otherwise, Kitty is craving being out on the porch in 90 degree, high humidity heat. Must be the jungle cat in him.

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Kitty is looking great =)

Every one of my critters seem to prefer the hottest room in our house. The back room doesn't have an a/c unit in it and it gets lots of sunshine all day long through two windows and a glass sliding door. The dogs and cats love to go lay in the hot sun in the hot room. While I prefer to park myself directly in front of the a/c unit for the day ;)

3. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

You give me hope that maybe we can skip a week too! I am still testing once a week and still a bit nervous about the number each time so you are certainly not alone. I think kitties really like being warm rather than being cool like the dog. A few days ago, it was so unseasonably cold - yep, you guessed it, I live in Minnesota - I thought about turning the furnace back on! When we lived in New Mexico, both kitties loved the desert heat and sunshine through the windows of course! The scorpions were a drag though!

Judy, Jake, & civvie Boomer

4. Kathy and Kitty

I hear Minnesota has two seasons: Winter and 4th of July! :lol: I'm glad to know kitty isn't abnormal in this quest for heat. It feels like a furnace to me when I go out.

I skipped a week's test because I just didn't want to do it. (How mature.) I think I'll go for two-week stretches now. He's been in good ranges for two months. I do look at his coat every day. I know that when it's silky smooth, his numbers are low.

5. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Funny you should being that up about Kitty's coat. Back before Jake was even regulated, I could usually tell by looking at him if I was going to get a decent number at test time. When his fur was not in very good condition and he literally looked "wigged out", his BGs were generally very high.

I just gave Jake his weekly test - BG = 64! :dizcat This makes me sooooooo happy, and Jake too I suppose! I am also now going to start the two-week interval testing.

Jake's five P's are all in place. Hope everyone's babies are doing well!

Judy & Jake (18 years, 1-1/2 months young)

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Kathy how is Kitty doing? Still getting around slowly? Thinking of you two.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Hi, Paige, thanks for asking!

He clearly has some discomfort. On the other hand, overall, he's doing better. He's been having fun playing with toys under the tissue paper -- it's great to see.

I think I will watch it for now, and the next vet visit, I'll ask for Dasequin instead of the Cosequin. Unless someone comes up with a miracle cure for feline arthritis... Got anything? :mrgreen:

How's the Webber kitty? cat_pet_icon

8. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

I totally agree! I used to be able to tell Jez's numbers by her coat. That's how I first knew something was wrong. When she looked scruffy and dull - her numbers were high! I tested her a few days ago and she was in the 60's.
    Way to go Kitty & Kathy

Debie & Jezebel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.