Kitty 7 months OTJ!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I posted on the LL board to get some input on his recent labwork. He is throwing up and has some other symptoms that concern me.

But BG is good. How about that. 4 months of radically bad dosing by a vet, 15 months on insulin, and 7 months OTJ. Go sweet Kitty!

2. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Congratulations to Kitty and Kathy on seven months of being OTJ!! Very cool. Sorry I can't help with the other things that might be going on, but will be thinking positive thoughts and cheering for you! If Kitty conquered diabetes, I'm betting Kitty will come through just fine if there is anything else that needs tendin' to!

Best,
    Judy, Jake, & Civvie Boomer (and Emma the beagle too)

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kathy,
    I read your condo on LL and hope your Vet can get to the bottom of Kitty's health issues. Congrats on 7 months OTJ. Has the Vet said anything about these concerns with Kitty's bloodwork? What about cross posting on Feline Health?

4. Kathy and Kitty

Thanks, Ann! I don't want to lose sight of the 7 months OTJ, just because i'm concerned about the other stuff. It's such a wonderful thing.

The vet gave me the basic picture. We can do everything from deworming to a biopsy. I don't want to subject Kitty to anything unnecessary, so I'm happy to have the LL feedback. I'm talking with the vet again Monday, and I'll be prepared. After that, I think you're right -- cross-post on health would be smart.

And Judy, thanks for the good wishes from you and entire furry family. :D

5. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

YEAH KITTY! Jez just had her 5 month annifursary!
    Debie & Jezebel​

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi,
    I hope all will be well with Kitty. I'll have to re-check Maggie's 6 months senior bloodwork. The Vet says he's really pleased, but a couple of her tests were slightly over the range. So glad Kitty is doing so well OTJ! Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kathy,
    I was reading your condo on LL regarding Kitty. I really hope the change in foods will help him. I'm learning a lot from all the advice given on raw diets. especially the Feline's Pride. Good luck with a treatment/food change for Kitty. I'm so glad he's doing good with his bg, but I know it's a worry when our little furbabies are sick. Take care.

8. Kathy and Kitty

Oh, thank you, Ann. I worry about him. He isn't dreadfully ill (thank goodness), but he shouldn't throw up regularly.

Does Feline's Pride have a low carb content? I don't want to fix one problem by starting another!

I appreciate the good wishes a lot. :D

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kathy,
    Yes, I know what you mean, as the throwing up is a worry. I just checked Janet & Binky's food chart, and under new canned food at the very bottom under raw food it lists Natures Pride Chicken and Nature's Pride Beef as beeing very low in carbs, chicken being 3 carbs and beef 4 carbs, I believe. I have never used raw food, but many pet owners use it, even some making their own.

Here's the link if it works -

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/canfood.html

10. Kathy and Kitty

Thank you! Kitty would probably love it if he could eat beef again, although Dr. Lisa says it's hyperallegenic for cats. Today he at FF Turkey instead of FF chicken. I'll have to figure out whether it's the chicken itself that's the problem, or the formula.

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi Kathy,
    I just recently started feeding Maggie Merrick BG 1 chicken mixed in with her Sophisticat Supreme Chopped Grill, and she seems to love it. I used to feed Maggie FF, but after the label change she stopped eating it. I don't know if they changed some of the ingredients, but all of a suddden she didn't like it. I know many on LL kitties do still like the FF.

12. Kathy and Kitty

Kitty definitely did not like the FF as much after the label change. I had to switch him off the beef, because his numbers suddenly went up. He never has really liked the chicken.

What is Merrick BG 1? I'll try anything!

Kitty refused the Sophisticat, but Jill has suggested that it's important to switch foods slowly. With the change to turkey FF, I've been offering it on the plate along with his other food, and he has been eating it. Maybe I should try some of these others again.

Thanks for all the info and support. :D

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Hi,
    I was on the health Forum, and there was a thread on the Merrick BG 1 - BG stands for before grain. Here's a link to the thread. I've only been using the chicken. I tried the Beef BG, and Maggie didn't like it. I buy it at Petco. PetsMart does not carry it, which surprised me. I'm sure PetPeople must carry it.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/view ... od#p305887

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.