Kiara: Update #3

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Kay&Kiara, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Kay&Kiara

Kay&Kiara New Member

FIRST BLUE AMPS!
    :cat:

Probably a bland update, but Kiara got her first blue PS (159) this morning, down from 315 the NOC before!

As a result, she got only 1u of insulin, but I think I've got a good handle on the dosages for higher BGs (not so much lower lol); however, she still seems to fluctuate. Started to contradict myself when her BG went up (179) instead of down after that 1u, thinking she was going to skyrocket at her PMPS (which is still a possibility); but it dropped, and a lot more than I had expected (down to 73). Fingers crossed she doesn't go any lower.

Switched up her feeding schedule just a little, which I think has helped more her hunger than anything. Still gets a can of Fancy Feast in the morning and another during evening, but now I've added a community dish (I also have a non-diabetic Calico named Tator-tot) of the tuna/salmon/chicken - depending on the day and which can I grab first - right after the nadir BG check.

She's also gained some of the weight she lose back; her spine and hips aren't so prominent when holding her for testings. Which is a fantastic thing to see.

All in all, testing and shots are basically cuddle-time on the counter top, though she doesn't always understand that she isn't supposed to move during, lol.

Just thought I'd update y'all!
    (So excited)

Kay & Kiara

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Kay, not a bland update at all, I think it's very exciting. It looks like your hard work and great care of Kiara is paying off. So wonderful to read that she's putting on a little weight, and I'm sure she's feeling so much better now.

Good going Momma! Keep it up and keep us posted. :)

3. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

Wooooo for blue! :cat::cat: