Jimmy's 6/16 amps 436

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by angela&jimmycat, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angela&jimmycat

angela&jimmycat Member

Good morning. We increased dose to 2.50 last night. It was given 1 1/2 later than norm. So, this bg of 436 is 10 1/2 hrs later. It is the best morning reading we have had. Jimmy was given the same 2.50 dose. Thanks for your posts. I'm going to try to make it to Walmart today for a relion meter.

2. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Re: Jimmy's amps 436

Good morning
    first, please add the date first, so looking back you will know
    6/16 Jimmy amps 436
    you can edit it

when you go to walmart:
    Miralax (small) $5
    u100 Relion syringes WITH 1/2 UNIT MARKINGS ~$11
    ketostyx or ketodiastyx ~$14
    HC foods- gravy
    Relion Meter with tiny blood drop required ( less than .5ul)

Take a quick peek at our ss. (NOT THE DOSES- cody has acromegaly and uses high doses) notice in the AMPS column I type the BG, (space), the time, (space), then the number of hours since the last shot. If you use your spaces it all fits into the box fine. then use the color chart to code the color to the correct one.

This helps me when look back a month from now to see why a dose worked or not.

for example
    436@
    7:30a
    +10.5

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Jimmy's amps 436

Hi & welcome! His #s are a bit out of my league, but it's nice to see that you are getting solid U-curves, and some yellows. The high PSs are a mystery to me, but hopefully you will see more improvement soon! I agree with getting a second meter if yours is suspect - everyone seems to love the Relion Micro, wish I had one myself (but I don't need 3 THAT badly :lol: ). As Nancy mentioned the gravy foods are good for a hypo toolkit as they tend to have higher carbs (at least the FF ones do). Have you already seen the Hypo toolkit post on Health? It's a good one for everyone to know what to do if you start seeing lower #s. No reason to expect that here, but it's good for everyone to have all that stuff on hand just in case. Hope today goes great... keep us posted! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.