Insulin q?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Elisawish, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Elisawish

Elisawish New Member

So I'm in the process with my vet to switch insulin. But if you look at Robin SS he's not been getting insulin now 3 times and he's still getting "low" (88 @ +12). Husband Gabe him.1 gourmet mon gravy food and 30 mín after the food he's 97.
    He's been an happycat today so he dose not look like he's feeling bad or low.

Should I keep on going not giving him insulin?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VFMppIT81dkvUAR4v2O8ilEPi4g/edit?usp=drivesdk

Robin tonight: https://gfycat.com/foolhardyplayfulethiopianwolf

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Was there a recent diet change? Or was he perhaps on steroids recently?

3. Elisawish

Elisawish New Member

Yes, he was on

For those who dont know Robin he was diagnosed in late March and we live in Iceland not in the main city.
    The vet here dose not know much about feline diabetes. We only have caninsulin and she made us start giving him 3U í think and from there very quickly to 5.5u then 5u again. He was on Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ m/d™ Feline Chicken.

I started testing he's blood G on Monday and on Thursday he was acting very wierd and forgot how to cat. He was like he was blind so I tested him and he was 5 mmol I gave him little sugerwater and liver icelandic food. He was a little better and then he started being wierd again, then he was 4. We gave him syrup and in hour he was better. I saw advise on the FB group and got it. They said to try giving him 1U and switching his food. "

That was 1 and 1/2 week ago i think. Now for few days we have not giving him insulin cuz hew that low and now he's not showing interest in the food.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Excellent! It looks like he may be controlled with just the right diet!!! If he can go two weeks in these normal ranges it is considered to be remission. Crossing my fingers for you.

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I agree with Janet, looks like the food change might have been enough to get him better!