Injection Sites/Scar Tissue?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FrostD, Sep 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm about at my wit's end here. Trying to get some more midday tests in, but it just seems like the insulin isn't as effective lately - both when we were on Vetsulin, and now after starting ProZinc. We've ruled out things like infection. I do have amps and pmps data for each day just haven't backfilled some, but it's always about the same numbers, 350+

Which led me to wondering, is it possible his scruff is developing scar tissue or something? I was never taught how to inject in the other sites so I'm a bit nervous about those. And I don't think I all of a sudden started shooting wrong every day for a month. I found some old posts where scruff isn't necessarily recommended, just wondering if it's worth trying a different site (and if anyone has links to videos!)

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

You do want to rotate the area you poke; even if you stay in the scruff area you want to alternate sides, etc. You'll supposedly feel some resistance when you put the needle in, and it may hurt Mr Kitty. You can basically shoot anywhere on the body; some places are just easier than others. I liked doing it between the shoulder blades.

You don't have hardly any data to go by right now, so don't be frustrated. Pre-shots are the last numbers to go down. If you can get at least a couple mid-cycles tests in each cycle, I think you'll be able to better see what the dose is doing for Mr Kitty, and then you'll see either he is going down, or he needs a little more juice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.