I DID IT TOO! I DID MY FIRST BG!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ChloesMama, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChloesMama

ChloesMama Member

And she was SO GOOD. SO GOOD!! I had to prick her 3 times and she didn't jump away, I just kept praising her.

And do you know what her BG was?? 93!! She had just finished eating, like not even a minute before, and it was 93!! Since it was kinda normal, should she still get her shot? Or will that bring her down too much?? She was STARVING when I fed her, really annoying us since 6am to feed her (gave her food at 9 like we've been doing).

I hope you answer soon, I have the shot waiting for her...but don't want to cause a hypo if I can help it. Now I see the importance of testing! Was it so low because she was hungry and her sugar dropped? She ate a can of Fancy Feast a little before 10 last night and she had her shot right after.

Questions questions...

Vet isn't in today so I can't call. Sigh!

NOW I CAN START A SPREADSHEET!!

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

I would hold off on that shot. Later on in an hour or so, you can see what her BG is again; then you will know what the effect of the food is.
    Good Job,
    Dana

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the vampire club. 93 is a great number. Do not give her any insulin.

4. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

I guess your spreadsheet will not be filled with a lot of numbers.. :mrgreen:

5. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! And so is the number. 93 is a totally non-diabetic number. I would wait and see what she is in an hour. I don't remember what insulin Cloe's on. If you have any doubt if you should shoot after her next test, post again and on the insulin support group for her insulin.

Just think, without testing you wouldn't have known she was already this low. Isn't it great to be in charge and really know what's going on? You did great! And so did Cloe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.