How's Spicy doing?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Terri and Lucy, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Did you get the u-100s from Hocks yet?

2. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Terri, Yes i received my u-100 syringes today and I hope i got the right kind. What I have is the Monoject Ultrafine U-100 syringe 31 gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch needle (1/2 unit markings). Hope it is the right one as far as the markings and 3/10 cc part.

Anyway Spicey is doing good. I tried Spicey on fancy feast chicken feast classic last nite and her numbers stayed high. She loved it but unforunatley we switched back to friskies special diet beef and chicken and so far it looks like this will be the one for awhile. I know it is probably not a good idea to switch canned food brands like that. I just wanted some options. Just in case. I like the special diet, all the cats act way different. Anyway I hope this doesn't turn into a nutrition class, if we would like we can start a new thread on that.

I am exhausted this week trying to gather some data. And unfortunately tonite we had a weather warning and the governor declared a state of emergency since we got that storm from california. We have tornado warnigs in effect until tommorrow and we had winds up to i believe they said on the news 80 mph in some parts here. And everyone thinks the arizona is hot. not for a couple of months anyway. The cats are all doing good with the weather and curled up in their beds. It is soo cute. Spicey is looking at the door. I feel a lot better this week about her since all of this happened.

They said on the news we might get snow. The mountains have had alot and they are without power. I feel for them. We have power. Spicey is looking at the fish in my fish tank, she loves the fishies.

All in all We are doing fine.
    David

3. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Just a note on the fancy feast. I was reading another post and realized it might be ok for spice to eat that, I will have to adjust her insulin if she does that. Right now I am happy with the special diet and routine.

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

As long as you are feeding a low carb [below 10% carb as %Kcal - not "guaranteed analysis"] wet food diet, there are no needs for nutrition classes. [unless you would like one?] LOL :D

The Monoject syringes are fine - sounds like you got the perfect ones. I'm convinced they are the exact same as the GNP [made by Tyco] which are a couple dollars less. I've used both.

Sounds like you guys are settling into the routine.

Yea, the weather is a little nasty. I got caught in some of the nasty here waiting for a bus ride home [from walking to the beach and grabbing a few brews]. You should be getting today's worth here in a day or so - it's not over yet!

5. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Hope everyone out west stays safe. As an east coaster, I love wild weather, nor'easters and hurricanes, but there's a point where it gets a little bit too wild.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi all, spicy's mom, i'm in so.cal. too and have experienced this storm right along with you. i'm in a canyon with all the potential for mudslides and 60 mph winds that funnel thru.
    i have been trying everything to get tom's #'s up in my profile but i only get as far as creatingmy spread sheet and can't move it to my profile, can't even seem to move a pic of my baby over. i am obviously not computor person.
    been putting out request for help on every board from helath to community.
    hope it's not asking too much, but maybe it is since i'm not getting much in the way of replies.
    btw, where are you getting your syringes from?
    lori

7. Gator & H (GA)

Hi lori,

I just sent you a PM about helping you via remote if necessary.

As for the syringes, I get mine from Hocks online. Some get them from Wal-Mart and are happy with those. The sticky has more info. The nice thing about Hocks is they show up on your doorstep and FDMB will get a commission if you click on the Hocks link at the top left of the forum.

Here's the sticky:
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1979

8. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Lori, I ordered my syringes at Hocks.com. They are cheaper than what I pay at the vet and i figured this site gets a commission as well so, why not order them. I actually got them pretty fast considering they had to come from Ohio. I think I ordered them on Sun and got them on Wed. I just used my first one last nite and I really like them.

David

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't i need a presciption for the syringes?

10. Gator & H (GA)

Not to order from out of state - like from Hocks.

Joanna was saying that she can buy from Wal-Mart up north but has to sign a book. All I kknow is that every time I've tried to purchase syringes here at pharmacies in SoCal they have required a prescription.

But if you order from Hocks there is 0 issue.

11. tajana340

tajana340 Member

I did not need one from Hocks. I don't know about anywhere else but i have heard from others in arizona that you do need one if you go to the pahrmacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.