Honeymoon may be over

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Lou the stinker poo's mom, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou the stinker poo's mom

Lou the stinker poo's mom New Member

I have not posted in a while, since my sugar cat Louie has been OTJ since May. Unfortunately I think we have fallen off the wagon. For the past few days he has been reclusive and not his normal feisty self. I attempted to test him tonight and found that my test strips had gone bad (they worked last month when I tested). It looks like a trip to the store is in order tomorrow.
    I am super bummed, but I know it is my fault. We got him regulated fairly quickly after diagnosis in April (about 3 weeks) by switching completely to wet food (Friskies pate). We got too comfortable. One of my civies is a dry food lover, so I researched and picked up the best one for carb count: Natures Variety instinct raw boost kibble. We started with very little, and like I said, got too comfortable. We did not leave down more than a few tablespoons, but it was enough. ARGH....so mad at myself.
    I now have no insulin (expired) and only a prescription for Lantus. Does the Canadian pharmacy still only take existing clients? I never had the chance to order from them, since Lou went into remission so quickly.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Sorry to see that; I'm sure it is frustrating.
    I think you can order from Mark's Marine again.

3. Lauren M.

Lauren M. Member

How is Lou doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.