Holy guacamole it's COLD!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I just looked at the weather forecast for the next five days. I wish I hadn't looked. :p

Wednesday will be our warmest day this week by a long shot, and it will be a blistering 26. Thursday's high is 10, with a windchill of -12, low of 1 degree with a windchill of -24.

Cassie's walks are getting shorter and shorter, unfortunately. I wore a wool coat, scarf (Joanna, I thought of you!), gloves, and winter clothes and I was still a frozen block of ice by the end. Send reinforcements with heat lamps!

Is it this cold by anyone else? Gator, where do you live? Judy, I don't remember where you live either. Cindy and Joanna, no need to answer and tell me that it's "only" 40 degrees where you live. ;)

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Your weather sounds just like ours! :sad: I haven't been able to get myself out for a walk in this weather, but I'm going to try tomorrow. I wear long underwear everyday now. Hope that's not TMI :eek: It's supposed to snow again here on Wed with a high of 26, we've also been in the single digits at night. With your humidity, I bet it feels colder there. Hope Spring comes soon.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Nope, not TMI, in fact I was thinking of getting some myself. ;) Unless I am in my bathroom (small room, nice vent) or upstairs at my computer, sitting in front of the space heater, I am freezing all the time. We have our heat up but the house is just cold. It's an old house and I don't think the insulation is great. In any case, I think that long johns would help me be less miserable. Walmart, here I come!

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG you poor things!!!! Sounds like Maine or something! Hoping for warmer weather for you both!

5. Sarah and Buzz

I can't even imagine how cold it must be in Maine!! Actually, in Augusta, Maine it is currently a balmy 31! Who knew? I heard on CNN today that Miami is going to drop to 36 degrees tonight! THOSE people must be dying. Ugh!

The sun is out today, which really does make a difference, even if only mentally. I took Cassie on her walk early (we usually go at dusk) hoping that it would be a little warmer, and I think it was. :) Of course, it's still only 12. Cassie has a winter coat that I've been putting on her. I don't know if it keeps her warmer but it is DARN cute. :) I will post a pic soon.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL - maybe you need a road trip to Maine to warm up?!? Cassie is lucky to get walked at all IMHO!!! I would probably be saying "let's walk up & down the stairs inside instead, ok? ... would you mind just using the kitty's box today?" LOL!

7. Sarah and Buzz

Her walks seem to do her so much good in terms of movement and stiffness, otherwise I probably would be saying, No walk today! I can imagine the look on her face if I tried to convince her to use the cat box. ;)

Luckily she goes out in the back yard to potty most of the time, so it's not like I have to walk her every time she has to go to the bathroom. I did in Cleveland (no yard) and that was miserable for both of us. Poor old girl. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.