Hi Honeymooners!!!!!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Everyone!
    Just wanted to start a thread to say hi and say I am excited to find my friends on here. I have felt pretty lost without a daily condo. I miss you guys!!! I like that we can chat about our otj kitties. So how is everyone doing? I tested Scrabble yesterday and he was 77 so I am pretty happy. He has been really happy and playful.

2. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Hey Michelle! We've missed you and Scrabble =) Glad to hear he's doing so well!

Tugger is hanging in there, keeping some good numbers for me. He's been playful and much more social than before =)

I'm just sitting down to relax for a few minutes before I head to bed, hopefully to get some sleep before hitting the road at 2am for our drive to Georgia =) Got most everything loaded up already (including supplies for Bean's transport to her new home) so I won't have to mess with that at midnight, all gassed up and fluids checked, tires aired... I think we're ready :mrgreen: And yes, I remembered to pack the camera, the batteries and the battery charger :eek: (something I almost always forget)

I will be able to get online from the hotel, access in the room, so should be able to check in tomorrow night. Send lots of safe driving vines and don't-fall-asleep-driving vines please! I'm nervous nailbite_smile about driving so far myself. Sadly, my anti-anxiety meds can make me sleepy so can't take 'em before I'm going to drive (nice huh?) Hmm, maybe I should pack 'em anyway just in case the boy's father does show up after all... might be good to take one Wed and Thurs. mornings...

OK, off to ni-ni for a while!

3. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Hi, Michelle!

With all the great success stories in Lantus Land recently, this Honeymooners board should become a jumpin' hangout! So glad to see you and Scrabble here.

Kitty is doing pretty well -- great numbers, but not so much energy. Or maybe he just enjoyed having plates of food delivered to his face, and doesn't see why he should start getting up for food NOW. :lol:

4. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

LOL. I think Kitty has a plan...and has shared it w/ Hank. Why bother getting up when the food comes to you? Just can't be bothered.

Hi Michelle...glad you found us! Welcome to the honeymooners. .i guess in theory this is Falls-land.
    (we like that forum name better we decided- The Falls)

Are you still testing every day? I did for awhile then went every other day, and now tapering from that to maybe every couple days.
    Hank is doing great, but needs a dental, that is what I most woory about. But I also have a seick car, and several other things screaming at the money I don't have. I really am worried about it...but it is just not in the stars for us right now.

I do think his numbers are running a little lower overall as time goes by. But then again, i am almost always testing at night. I think he may be lower int he AM.
    For us, it seems the mini-meals have helped. I don't think he has the appetitie he once did, but I don't really worry as much as i did before as he seems to be holding his own weight-wise.

Glad Scrabble is doing so great....I love his new pic. He so photogenic!

betty

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

HI everyone! Sending Marvie lots of positive vines for her trip!!!! You are amazing Marvie!!!
    I am still pretty much testing every day, usually at night too but I decided today I wouldn't test and maybe go to every other day since his numbers have pretty much stayed consistent. Sorry Kathy that Kitty doesn't seem to have too much energy. Scrabble has way more energy than before and always wants to play and follows me around the house.
    Scrabble and Sabrina woke me up again this morning to be fed, although there was food in the auto feeder. I think that they just want me to get up!! They are so used to me being up at 4am since that is when I get home from work that I think they want me to just be up with them! :D
    Well looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you!!!

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I know Marvie is awsome!!!

Hello everyone. Webber is doing just great. Most days he seems to have more energy than all the other three cats together :lol: I am very proud of my baby boy. He had his 5th birthday back in March and this month marked his 3 months OTJ *antijinx*

I just love FDMB and LL. However I have been away for a while and it is hard to jump back in. There are so many new kitties and beans everyday. Whew!

Glad we can chat here about our babies and really about whatever we want. :mrgreen:

Have a happy hu,p day ladies.

BTW - do you all have FB accounts? I have friended alot of us LL peeps. I think it is great for us to keep in touch in case we ever need support etc. I am on FB and Paige Schoppe-Gallegos is you want to find me.

7. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Hello to everyone,

I am sooooo glad to have found this forum too. A remission kitty is so different from a diabetic kitty and even though I am so grateful that Jake is in remission, I have been having trouble changing my mindset from one to the other. It has been a week now since official OTJ, and Jake is doing wonderfully. I have been testing him once a day for the past week (it was twice a day during the trial) and his numbers are holding steady right around 50 to 60 each morning after breakfast. If I can break my testing addiction a little more, I am now going to try to test every other day for a week or two. It just seems too good to be true. Jake is literally glowing so I know he is the healthiest he has been for a long, long time.

Thanks for being here - I will be checking this forum often and look forward to helping others in any way I can.

Judy & Jake

8. paige

paige Well-Known Member

:lol: Judy it took me a while to slow down my testing. I still test him about once a week. Just for my own sanity :roll:

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Hi guys tested scrabble today & he was 60, pretty happy! He is such a sweet boy & such a lovebug!!

10. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Congrats, Michelle!! Sounds like everything is puRRRRfect in your & Scrabble's world!! :D

11. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Great to see good reports on everyone :mrgreen:

I have been testing a little more because I have been gone a lot. I think they've seen Robin, my sitter, more than me in the last month :sad: My Smokey is a momma's girl so I am concerned about her being stressed more and I have put out some DM kibble for my civie Peanut while we are gone.

My girl is just like she was on the insulin, steady in the 80s despite what the beans around her are doing.

Its been kind of funny with the dry out. Smokey was my dry addict. She grazed all day long going from a few minutes of petting to a few pieces of food to a few minutes of petting, back to food... that was our routine anytime I would lay down on the bed. Now she won't touch the stuff. She gives my husband a dirty look if he puts it in front of her like she's telling him that's bad :lol:

12. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

These kitties tell us everything -- too bad they speak in Cat and not English!

Steady in the 80s is purrfect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.