1. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I need help and suggestions to help Babu with his arthritis, it has been getting worse lately, currently he’s getting Solencia once a month and a small dose of gabapentin twice a day, he gets omegas with his food and for a while he was doing ok but it seems it’s not enough anymore and I’m worried about him, he’s struggling

I used the Assissi loop for some time and it helped, but the one I have it ran out of batteries and it seems the manufacturers have changed policies and are not shiping to Mexico any more

I haven’t been able to get a reliable surce of CBD here, either so until I find one I don’t think CBD will be an option.

I would appreciate any suggestions that are diabetic friendly

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

There is an injection called Adaquan in the US (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan (PSGAG). Not sure if that is available for you.
    I will tag @tiffmaxee and @Suzanne & Darcy to see if they have any ideas.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Thanks I'll talk to the vet and see if we can get it

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

There’s also a new drug for cats called Solensia. People here have posted it’s helped their cats.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

In Canada, and a lot of the rest of the world, we get Cartrophen instead of Adequan.

Treating arthritis means treating three different aspects of it. One part is the inflammation and fish oil or Duralactin are good for that. Duralactin is only good if no dairy allergy or calcium is not high. Second part is treating the joint itself, with the Cartrophen can do. I also tried hyaluronic acid (brand Hyaflex) with Neko. The third part is pain control. Neko was on buprenorphine and it seemed to really help. Other options are giving MSM or acupuncture, which also really helped Neko.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution for Babu.

6. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Do you know the dose for MSM? that's something I can get here
    And I'll ask the vet about bupenophrine

Thanks

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The product I gave another cat with arthritis contains about 250 mg for a 10 lb cat. You might be able to find formulations for pets in pet stores. I used a product from Purica called Recovery, which also had glucosamine and hyaluronic acid in it.

8. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Thanks