Help Me!

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Hayley Mutton, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Hayley Mutton

Hayley Mutton Member

Hello,

So, my little Amber was diagnosed with Diabetes June 2021 - her insulin is Canusulin and we have been up and down with dosages but for the last 3 months the vet advised to give 1.5units twice a day. She has Royal Canin Diabetic cat food twice daily.

I did a curve yesterday as in the last 2 weeks, Amber has been drink soooo much and urinating more. She is constantly hungry, i did urine sample and the sugar in her urine was through the roof. The curves yesterday every reading was between 20 and 24 MMOL/l and the one at 4pm was 31.2MMOL/l - soooooo high :(

i have always test her Glucose Curves at home and they haven't been too bad, not great but ok, but yesterday every reading was ridiculously high.

I spoke to the vets this morning and he said to increase the insulin to 1.9 units twice daily for a week and then do another curve in a week.

I don't understand why all of a sudden she is like this any help would be appreciated,

Thank

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Answered you on the main health page

3. Hayley Mutton

Hayley Mutton Member

I Don't see your reply?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Just posted it!

Hayley Mutton likes this.