? Has any one used Entyce appetite stimulant on their diabetic cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teresa & Buddy, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

Buddy, saw a different vet on Friday and she gave him Entyce for an appetite stimulant. On friday he would even eat the food I had been force feeding him with, most of the time he will not get close to it. This vet also took his prednisone down to 1/4 tablet every 12 hours and he had been taking 1/2. I called today and they seemed to think it was the pred dose, but at times I have skipped the pred dose and I did not notice a difference. Today, he has no appetite.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

From all I have read prednisolone should be given all at once to be most effective. I know folks who have used Entyce with mixed results. It makes many drool so must taste nasty. I have used Zyrtec 1/3-1/4 a regular strength pill fir two cats now and it’s worked. My vet was fine with it. I’ve also used the human pill cyproheptadine with great results, a sliver of a 4 mg to 1/4 depending in the cat. My vet has given me an RX for it many times. It’s what vets used before the vet drugs were selling. I like pills because they can be placed in a gel capsule so no bad taste.

3. Teresa & Buddy

Buddy, uses cyproheptadine and has for many years, I also put pills in gel capsules. Buddy, ate well last night with Entyce, but I thought he acted strange, no drooling. This morning he would not eat at all and the Entyce only has to be used once daily, which was last night. I wish he could use it, he ate well last night.

4. tiffmaxee

Have you tried transdermal mirtazapine?

5. Teresa & Buddy

No, because he takes Ondansetron and the two of them together bother him. I know it is not supposed to, but it does.

6. tiffmaxee

No you are right. It can be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.