Happy 19th Birthday, Mally!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Chris & Mally, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Mally is 19 years old today and has been sugar free for a little over five years. I am fortunate that I was able to get her diabetes under control about four months after she was diagnosed, but I couldn't have done it without the help of all the wonderful people in the Lantus forum. I am forever grateful to all of the people who selflessly give their time to help others with sugar kitties. Thank you!

Mally is as healthy as can be, although I do wonder at times if a bit of senility has set in. Every now and then she'll meow and howl until someone picks her up and holds her for a while. Brushing her also helps to calm her down. I think she just gets confused sometimes but, she knows exactly where the litter box is and has never had an accident outside of it.

When Mally was first diagnosed with diabetes, I started doing a lot of research on cat nutrition. After finding that I knew much less than I should, I was prompted to research dog nutrition as well. I had five cats at the time and they were all switched to a wet food diet. The dogs were taken off of Science Diet and put on better dry food. And now, I have several senior animals in my house. Mally is 19 and the other cats, Prue and Wiilow are 12 and 11. Two of my large breed dogs are 14 and the other is 8 1/2. We just added a fourth cat to the zoo last weekend - Zoe is 9 weeks old and she is just way too cute.

Mally is my daughter's cat and she's had her since the day she was born. Mally's mother, Gypsy, was my daughters first cat and Mally was the first one born in a litter of three kittens. I find it amazing that she is 19 years old today. Happy Birthday, Mally!!!

Cat Ma likes this.
  2. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

Happy Happy Birthday, Mally! And congratulations for being OTJ for over 5 years!

Your friend,

CJ the Sugar-Free Newbie

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Happy B-Day, Mally!

4. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Mally and many more to come!

5. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALLIE ! YOU LOOK A LOT LIKE MY FRED !

6. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I've held off posting this for a while as I tend to be quite superstitious and was afraid to "jinx" it, but, here goes...
    Goof has gone OTJ! It's been almost 5 wonderful weeks! I still test a few times a week and his BG runs in the 90's and low to mid 100-teens,

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Jamye and Fred likes this.
  7. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Yay Goof !

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
  8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Whoo hoo!!!

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.