Group name/logo/is it needed?

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Robert and Echo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Should this forum name be honeymooners/OTJ? Do we need this forum? If we keep it, please send me suggestions for the logo to put in the Board Index.

_R

2. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

I do think that this part of the forum should stay. Personally, I already feel like an outcast here since I've not had to poke any kitties with an insulin needle in over a year. This forum, however light the traffic, helps Peeps and me feel like we can still contribute and are not forgotten.

I will have to say without FDMB and the website stocked full of information Peeps would no longer be with me, and would have never been off of the juice! Perhaps an image with a tribute to FDMB is called for over here at the honeymooners lounge!

3. rebeccalou

rebeccalou New Member

Please keep this group! My cat just went OTJ, it's helpful to have a place I know I can get help if anything comes up.

Thanks for running this wonderful site.

-Rebecca

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

maybe both and yes it needs a logo pic! maybe a suitcase or a passport!

5. Steve & Jock

Steve & Jock Member

6. Olliecat

Olliecat Member

Please don't get rid of this group/line of posts! I came here first when I started reading lower numbers on Oliver and now know that my thinking was right and he is not ready to go OTJ yet... I think this group is just as important as the rest.

And I love the honemooners thumbnail Steve put in - funny!

Roz

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

[​IMG].......[​IMG].......[​IMG].......[​IMG]

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

This forum is definitely needed!!!

It's shocking how going OTJ can feel "sudden" after 15 months on insulin, and several weeks sliding to zero, but it did. I still have questions -- how often am I supposed to test? How often should I push food, as opposed to leaving it out? Are there signs I should worry about? How high can the carb content be? And how can we find a new role on FDMB, where we can learn to help newbies?

The success of this wonderful website is bringing more kitties and more OTJ parties, so there are more of us looking for a new FDMB home. I'm enjoying my freedom, but I don't want to leave! :mrgreen:

9. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I personally like the name of OTJ or Off the Juice instead of Honeymooners.. is the forum needed? I dunno.. but I want it!
    Baby's momma (me) wants to brag on her & I can't in Health if there are no health issues or in Lantus Land when she is not on Lantus! So I just like to say hi & talk about her :mrgreen:

10. Kathy and Kitty

Brag away, Nicole! As for me, Kitty's first OTJ test (this past week) was 75. This is big!! This is great!!!! But where do I report this amazing news?? :mrgreen: I'm so used to reporting every score he gets. :lol:

11. Olliecat

Olliecat Member

I just started a new thread in this group when I was ready (and counting down to) my Olliecat's official OTJ party. Start a new thread! Have a party! It's worth it - and well deserved! It looks to have been a long road for you based on your Kitty's spreadsheet...

12. Kathy and Kitty

It was 15 months, and we didn't get to FDMB until four months of bad dosing. So Kitty is an FDMB miracle! He deserves his own thread for sure! :D

13. Kathy and Kitty

We could always call it The Falls. :D I just always imagined that when people said, "Enjoy life at the Falls," where niptinis and tunaritas are enjoyed all day... there really WAS such a place! :lol:

14. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Kathy :lol: :lol: niptinis and tunaritas
    I think I need some at this point ;-)

15. Kathy and Kitty

Getting serious for just a moment, maybe those of us who are newly OTJ and looking for a new home really should be posting in Community. We could use the nifty OTJ icon post to designate who we are.

The benefit is that we become part of the overall traffic and stay connected with the larger community on the site. Also, along with Health, it is probably where most of the other "graduates" hang out.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I don't confine myself to individual forums... I just hit the "view new posts" link near the top of the page and see all the new posts from the entire message board since my last visit, then I just reload that page throughout the day. That's how I saw your post about Kitty's 75 the other day... I never even knew this forum existed till I saw a new post in it that day because I never really go to the Board Index.

I like the idea of calling this forum OTJ rather than Honeymooners but frankly I don't care what we call it as long as we've got a place to hang out =) I say we get this forum hopping! Betty and Randi have also been feeling a bit homeless I know, so maybe we should just all make a point of keeping this section alive!

17. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Ok, yes please...I'm in...I'll play!

Kathy, I like 'The Falls' also... That's a GREAT forum name. (just a spin on honeymooners anyway. Plus does honeymooners not imply it will wear off?) Anti-jinx!

PS: Hank last night PMBG- 63 :mrgreen:

ok, I feel better now.

betty

18. Kathy and Kitty

63 -- awesome!

I'm finding Kitty is now LOWER than he was on his trial. Anyone else seeing that?

I never even knew we could look at just new posts until now!

19. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

I learned that too....thanks marvie!

yes...regarding lower numbers OTJ. I posted elsewhere the same thing ..that Hank's number ran higher when we were on insulin toward the end. We stayed green..but in the higher parts- high 80's-90's. Now more often than not he's 60's-70's. i did get an 85 last week, but not sure it was a good test. But I din't need to re-test to check because i know he's doing well,...and ultimately that's not a bad number anyway. I haven't seen anything but green since March 22. It could have been...but we haven't caught it testing. How can you be anything but happy about that.

what I'm really worried about...is the dental I know we have to do at some point (not enough $) including extraction. The whole thing scares me to death in temrs of the surgery itself, but of ocurse not wanting to undue any progress we've made. There will be all the stress, the meds, anethesia, etc. I want to keep him OTJ.

20. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

This forum is def needed.

I was never a fan of the term 'Honeymoon' as it sounds so temporary. 'The Falls' gets my vote. :smile:

Edit: And a good logo should be fairly obvious.

21. Kathy and Kitty

I think lots of us OTJ-ers have questions about how to protect this wonderful status, and how to interpret behaviors -- like BG being LOWER than before!?!

Betty, you raise an interesting point about why we need this forum. How DO newly-OTJ kitties handle anesthesia? But don't worry, there are lots of people who have gotten their kitties through dentals, you'll have plenty of advice.

What's the reason for the extractions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.