Ginger in Norther Virginia needs a home!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise

Denise Member

Ginger is a very sweet, beautiful patch calico. She has mesmerizing light green eyes and a very cute little pink nose. Ginger was adopted as a kitten but returned last year. She is super playful and loves to greet you immediately telling you about her fabulous day. She thoroughly enjoys her scratch pad and playing with her feather on a string. She purrs it up and comes running to you when she see a brush in your hand. She is a very affectionate girl and even if she is scared she is still loving and sweet. She was diagnosed with diabetes not long ago and requires insulin. She has recently been put on a strict soft food diet which is high in protein but low in carbohydrates. She has a superb appetite. She will need insulin twice a day but it is a breeze to treat. We are hoping that with time her diabetes will go into remission and it can be managed through diet and exercise alone. She is very tidy in the litter box. Although a very loving girl she would probably like to keep you all to herself and doesn't really want to share you with any other furry family. She may do alright in a home with older children. Ginger might need some extra attention compared to your typical kitty but the love she gives in return is unconditional. She has been in foster care for over a year and really needs a forever home.

Attached Files:

2. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Ginger certainly is a beautiful cat, Denise. I would be glad to list her on DCIN's adoptables list, if the foster Mom (or someone else) could answer the rehoming questions on the DCIN blog here.

Onlies are difficult to place, but not impossible. Ella adopted Rusty as an only back in November.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

She is beautiful. Her face looks very much like Tiger's face. Unfortunately, my inn is beyond full.

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

bump

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Bump. Ginger is still looking. Are you?

6. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Denise,

Ginger is stunning! She could be Nikki's sister, except that Nik is an only too...

My love to you and Cathy for allowing Nikki to rescue me. We're three plus years dancing!

Much love and countless grateful hugs for you, Ginger, and Fancy Cats Rescue,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, forever dancing in my heart...

Bump...

7. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

She also reminds me of Deb's Jingles. She has incredible eyes. So did Jingles.

Bumping before I get into serious trouble...

Love and hugs for one and all,

8. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

It's in my lease that I can only have one cat and her name is Nikki.

Bump...

Love and sighing hugs,

9. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Oh come on Deb....Just go ahead and adopt Ginger you know you want to. =)

That way you can practice your pas de deux sugarcat dance. =)

Mel, Max & The Fur Gang

>>>bump<<<

10. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Can't do it, dearest Mel,

I'd be sharing a small car with a cooler for insulin for two extra-sweet onlys...

Nikki is already DCIN sponsored. Venita would be really angry...

But, hey, thanks for the bump!

Much love and many wishful and hopeful hugs for you -- and for Ginger too,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who taught me many things...

11. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

hi, my name is nikki,

i have spent a little over three years rescuing and training my mom. i can't have this very strategic process interrupted.

besides which, i just got married in my dreams to jack. its complicated because he lives in a different state (whatever that is). i just know he's not here and i love him.

there is no room for ginger, no matter how many times mommy looks at her. we really need somebody else to adopt her.

mommy is happy i rescued her. won't someone let ginger rescue them? they'll be happy too...

have to go now. mommy's waking up from her nap... she taught me a new word, but i don't what it means. do you?

bump

head butts and purrs,
    nikki, aka mrs. nikki-jack

12. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bump...

Sigh...

13. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bump...

And, this is for you, dearest Venita...

She's never gotten really angry with me.

Nikki or I wouldn't even be here without her. But, that's a whole different story we're not going into...

Someone needs to adopt Ginger!

14. traceyg

traceyg Member

Pretty green eyes
    looking out at you.
    Doesn't anyone have a home for me.
    The only place I will
    take up a lot of room is
    in your heart were I know
    someone just has to have a space for me.

I will give you lots of love.
    Fill your life with purrs.
    Reach out, reach out to me.
    Let your heart say yes instead of no.

I am tired of being tossed to and fro.
    Why doesn't any one want me.

What a sugar baby I could be.
    Can't someone say I can instead
    of I can't and take a chance on me.

Perhaps I am your angel
    waiting just for you.
    But how will you ever know
    if you turn your back on me. . .

15. traceyg

traceyg Member

I am going to join Deb in the bump here. Hmm wasn't that a dance back in the 70s. Oh how I hate to date myself . . . . .

Hope this girl finds a home. She simply looks so sweet. I beat you she has a big heart. I hope she is in no danger of being put to sleep. I wonder why they call it that. it isn't like they are going to wake up or anything afterwards. . . just thinking. . .

I would love take her to but we are drowning right now in feral kittens etc I am never home because we have to spend so much time trapping etc . . . it is that time of year . . . . the four cats that I live with barley know what I look like it seems.

Anyway after Suzie I am not sure I would be a good choice for a diabetic cat. . .

16. traceyg

traceyg Member

Ginger I am bumping you again. I have seen what the people can do here when they get a mind to. These people around her can be awesome but they have a lot on their shoulders.

Who know perhaps the right person that can help you will see this. I know there are a lot of you diabetic cats out there so hopefully you will be on of the lucky ones and find a home.

I have a picture that keeps me motivated. It was taken at a shelter after they put to sleep a lot of dogs and cats. It is not a pretty picture they were laying in piles on top of each other. Everytime I want to give up I just look at the picture and know I can't.

It sounds like you found a good shelter I hope and won't become on the those. . . don't know your circumstances. . .

17. MommaOfMuse

Hi Ginger

My name is Maxwell, and I was adopted when I was extra sweet too...My mom thinks you sure are pretty and we would love you to come live with us, but since you don't like to share your beans with other kitties you can't come here cuz we have lots of kitties here.

But I'm really hoping some special bean that doesn't have a kitty to take care of them will be lucky enough to have you adopt them...But until that happens we will just keep bumping you up. so lots of beans can see how pretty you are.

Come on beans...how can you resist those eyes /swoon

s/ Maxwell

18. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Tracey,

That was such a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing it with us all...

Much love and countless gentle hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and Giz sharing catnip tea with Suzie forever in our hearts...

dear maxwell,

i'm extra-sweet, too! that's why i rescued mommy. she really needed me...

like you, i'm hoping ginger finds some special bean to take care of her really, really, really soon! now, please forgive me for shouting this next word, okay?

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headbutts and paw pats,
    nikki

19. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Bump.

Sigh...

20. traceyg

traceyg Member

and Giz sharing catnip tea with Suzie forever in our hearts...>>>

I hope so now that is the best thing I have heard. The Rainbow bridge doesn't do it for me. However Suzie loved her catnip. I have her sitting in the window that went out to the porch was she so loved to be.

Okay guys so what can we do if we can't bring Ginger into our homes to get her a forever home. I would love to but I couldn't keep her on the diet she needs with the four other cats.

Is there more info on her like her age etc. . . I guess because she is on foster care and doesn't seem to be at risk immediately for her life it catches less people's attention. . .

could we make a u-tube video of her. . . if someone can get some footage with a digital camera perhaps I can put something together that will draw people in to see her and perhaps she would find a forever home just an idea. . . . hey recall how the hamster dance took off you never know. . . Perhaps it could also educate people a little that diabetics cat can be treated.

21. Kathyh

Kathyh Member

Bump. I have a hard enough time sharing my lap with the 3 I have now. They constantly play bump - one on the right, one on my lap and one on my left. And I have to make sure the petting is equal. Not enough of me for a fourth.

22. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

You can contact her foster Mom Ronda. She posted her email in the comment on Ginger's blog page as Byt2luv @aol .com (remove spaces).

23. traceyg

traceyg Member

Perhaps we can get something together with Video on U-tube. I will e-mail the lady that is her foster mom. Perhaps we could get a Sugar baby dance video together that would bring people to come see her and perhaps others that need to be adopted out. After all if people can go crazy on the hamster dance why not the sugar cat dance. It could be fun and educational.

In the mean time of someone has the room please consider adopting Ginger. lets prove you don't have to be on death row in order to get a forever home. .

I guess the lady that posted about her doesn't check back to often here. . .

24. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

No, Denise does not post or return often. She puts them up and relies on the Board to push interest, or not. Ginger clearly has a couple of fans here.

25. MommaOfMuse

Tracey,

If you can get me a bunch of pictures of Ginger, I would be happy to put a slideshow together of her and get it up on YouTube. I've done a couple in the past for DCIN and would be happy to do another one just for Ginger and any others that are looking for that Furever home.

Mel, Maxwell and the Fur Gang

26. traceyg

traceyg Member

I asked the lady that posted her to come back and join us on the discussion. I think a slide show is good. That would be great.

I would like to do something a little fancier if we can. We can do both. What I am thinking would take a little time anyway. It would be that hopefully would catch peoples attention to the point that they would want to send it around to their friends and their friends etc like the hamster dance. Except it would have to be different of course. We would need photos and some video of Ginger and a few other diabetic cats perhaps that need homes. We would also need state locations and perhaps cities.

Most diguital cameras have a video mode. that anyone can take short videos. I have done some animated videos etc. perhaps we could make it in such a way that we could used it for a while to find homes for more then one cat. It has been a while since I have done it but it just like making web pages once you learn the language or script you are working in it is all pretty much the same.

It is worth a try. I would love to see Ginger find a forever home. I am sure her foster mom is great but everyone needs a place were you are going to be forever : )

27. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

WOW!!!! I didn't know.... I am so so sorry... Ginger's foster mom here. I am so floored by the responses and the fans Ginger seem to have accumilated. I have been super busy and up to my eyeballs in foster kitties which did not allow me to check here often. For those interested... Ginger may be going into remission and we are very hopful that she will soon be OTJ (keep your paws crossed for us). She really is a super sweet girl and is so very energetic it's hard for me to keep up with her. She is now down to 1 unit of Lantus twice a day but have been getting readings (when she lets me) somewhat low and may lower it to .5 units. She has an excellent appetite and prefers her Fancy Feast classic over any dry food you would offer. She is sooooo sweet and immediately starts purring just by you looking at her. She would love to come running at top speed and greet you at the door when you get home. She has even taken to jumping up to get in my arms for a good cuddle. If only she would tolerate other sugar babies we would have a much easier time I think in finding her a forever home. I was thinking about trying to do a video with her playing and talking to me when she tells me about her day. It can just get hard and I will try to find the time do it it. She really does deserve so much more than I can give and I wish I could give her more but like her the two that own me won't tolerate other permanant furkids and doesn't get mad as long as they see them go out the door eventually. Now mind you I only have two fosters that like other kitties so I am not sure if in time Ginger would be willing to accept others. All I know right now is that she hasn't been around any and if she smells them under the door she gives a quick hiss and bolts fast than a speeding bullet in the opposite direction. Ginger is 7 years old so not really an old girl and her personality is more like that of a kitten, always wanting to play and cuddle and run and jump. She was adopted out as a kitten and returned to us. She is so easy to manage but it can be a little rough checking her Blood Glucose levels because she is so hyper and active. I am more than willing to talk to ANYONE that might be interested in Ginger. Although she has only been with me about 4 months (?) she has been with Fancy Cats Rescue Team for over a year and really needs a good loving FOREVER home.

Ronda
    Fancy Cats Rescue Team Foster Mom and Volunteer

28. MommaOfMuse

29. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Ronda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I've been a Ginger fan from the moment my eyes laid eyes on her eyes. Okay, and her pink nose...

Then again, I've been rescued by Nikki with another incredible pair of green eyes and a slightly smudged pink nose through Fancy Cats Rescue. We've been dancing a little over three years now! And, as God is my witness, I love this quirky cat! -- and, she completely owns me and every floor of this rental...

Nikki, like Ginger, is an only. Otherwise, I wouldn't have kept bumping Ginger's post. She'd be greeting me at the door...

Thank you again, for taking the time to tell us more about sweet Ginger, Ronda. She sounds like a bundle of love and great fun for an only heart... It will hopefully help this darling furry girl find her forever home. Yes, only homes are harder to find; but, they do happen. Just ask Nikki!

And, thank you for your wondrous heart and all you and Fancy Cats Rescue do on behalf of these precious furries... I've been blessed with a furry gem; and, hopefully soon, someone will be blessed being rescued by Ginger...

Much love and countless grateful hugs for you, Ginger, Cathy, Denise, and Fancy Cats Rescue,
    Deb and Nikki (mommy's quirky too, but i love her...) -- and, Giz, who orchestrated a lot of string pulling from The Bridge to send me Nikki...

30. MommaOfMuse

31. traceyg

traceyg Member

If you get a chance can I have some photos of Ginger. stdor @ aol com I would also like some photos of other cats that are diabetic and looking to be adopted. I just want to try to put a you-tube photo together. I thought perhaps it would be fun if I can get enough images to have them dancing kind of like the hokey pokey. Match some sort of sugar dance music with that and at the end have the names and contact numbers/emails for people that may be interested in adopting them. It will take a little time to try to put it together and it has been a while since I have done anything like that. It could be fun and educate the public and hopefully we can open a new access to advertise the ones that need homes. Unless you all think it is to crazy of an idea.

I want to dust off my video programs anyway as I need to make one for feralchild.

I just think it is good sometimes to think out of the box a little but it may sound to ambious. . .

It sounds like ginger would be a perfect companion for some older lady that just lost her husband and needs someone to care for. Not to old thought that she wouldn't be able to take care of Ginger.

32. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Yeah I could probably try to take some more pictures of Ginger for you. How many do you want? Is there specific poses you would like best? I assume if this is a dancing thing you will want her whole body. I can try my best but she can be very fast and I am very slow especially with a camera lol.

33. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

More photos of Ginger, dearest Ronda?

Oh, be still my heart...

Bump.

Love and sighing hugs,

34. traceyg

traceyg Member

I can try my best but she can be very fast and I am very slow especially with a camera lol.>. LOL

I understand : ). Just get me as many photos as you can and send e-mail them all good bad and the ugl. While I am working on the video MommaOfMuse can put a slide show together. We can double team it. It never hurts. Ginger has fans here so we can use that to her advantage : )

I have thousands of photos of my cats over the years. Yes thousands and it seems most in most of them they are running away or they turn there head as soon as I just get thr right shot. Send me all the photos you can. Would love a full frontal of her. I want to try to make it look in one shot that she is dancing on her two back legs. Yes full body would be good. just get whatever you can I and I will go from there. I know your busy so send them whenever you can. I have an antique show I am setting up at for the next 4 or 5 days anyway so will just be checking in on the computer and that is about it.

I had one cat with green eyes like ginger in foster care here for 5 or 6 years. It turned out to be a permit thing because she had so many problems and didn't get along with other cats. She however was just nasty to most people and cats unlike ginger. She turned out to be loving towards me but it took a lot of time. She started loving me after she understood I wasn't going to hurt her. Someone broke Missy's knees and didn't get them fixed etc before I rescued her. She used to bite me in the middle of the night when she first came. Like an abused child saying I will get you before you get me. I used to be afraid to go to sleep but after a while she and her green eyes really became one of my greatest loves. She became tender to me and loving but it was a lot of work but it was worth it. Everything living thing need to know they have value.

Missy used to curl up in my belly to sleep after became best of friends. Perhaps that is why I would like to at least try to help Ginger. Doesn't matter why the end results are all that matters.

If I could take ginger I would in a minute but with four others three with special needs my hands are full. . .

35. MommaOfMuse

You can make me stop bumping these cats up if you would just adopted them.

Mel, Max & The Fur Gang

36. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

37. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

You guys bumping is making me giggle... Got an ubber busy weekend coming with two adoption fair and a special road trip. I am helping to drive Sammy to his new place up north. I will be bringing Ginger to the adoption fair Saturday. Who knows maybe I can get lucky like I did with Dakota and that special someone will see her and want her. The last family I adopted a FD to had no experience what so ever BUT they had something most people will never have a willingness to learn and a desire to love and help. It took nothing but 10 minutes to show them how to give Dakota his shot and test BG. He was such an amazing boy with it though because he would help you do it. Ginger helps with the insulin but she really doesn't care for the BG testing. She starts running around the walls when she sees it now. She isn't mad but she has figured out that if she keeps moving I can't test her... Giggle giggle. Thank you all for caring so much. I told Ginger about her little fan club and she told me to tell you all "MMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRR MMMMEEEEEOOOOWWWW ppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr" which I think means, "Of course I am loved and adored by anyone who sees me, look at me... I am gorgeous."

38. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Since it makes you giggle and happy--let me do it for Ginger and you again!

39. traceyg

traceyg Member

"Of course I am loved and adored by anyone who sees me, look at me... I am gorgeous.">>

She is that. Good luck this weekend. I hope Ginger finds a forever home, Until then lets just pretend we are back in the 70s and do the bump. . . .

wasn't there a song about the bump in the 70s are am I so old that I am dating myself and knows one else knows of a song called the Bump I think , , ,

GOOD LUCK GINGER Tell your foster mom we are thankful for all she does for kitty cats : )

40. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

OMG, I danced the bump, and don't recall that there was a song. But there was.

[youtube]sPZYxVXSOFc[/youtube]

Here's the older adult version of the dance. More my speed, well except for the limbo part. The bump was the only thing that made disco music bearable.

[youtube]LaCn0P-G2lQ[/youtube]

41. traceyg

traceyg Member

Cool I think I like the older Bump song better then the one I recall from my JR high days. Thanks for finding that it was a blast to watch.

PS (side note) also thank you for sending me Suzie's bill. Dry Fry is cheaper then Dr Jones by about 17 bucks. I believe either way I would stay with Dr fry accept for Puddy. It is hard enough getting her to the vet being semi feral so I guess we will stay close to home.

Anyway Ginger have a good Mermoiral day. I won't be here to much to bump you I have a show this weekend I have to do but hopefully Debbie or Mel or anyone else will do the bump with your this weekend. Perhaps persitance will win you a forever home if nothing else. And if the bump makes you giggle ginger then it is a wonderful thing to do for you : )

42. MommaOfMuse

Bump, I'll stop when she has a furever home, so if you are tired of seeing this at the top of the message board...ADOPT Her ALREADY!!!!

I would love to take her, but the inn is full here, but I don't have a green eyed girl yet, got gold eyes, got silver eyes, got orange eyes, got lots of blue eyes but no green eyes, too bad she wants to be a one and only.

Mel. Maxwell and the Fur Gang

43. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

I don't remember The Bump song. I did learn to belly dance to Michael Jackson's Off The Wall album though... Does that count?

Okay, so I also have hips made for bumping...

This BUMP is for you, sweet Ginger!

Love and hopeful hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, forever bumping my heart...

44. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dear kse,

Where in NC are you? Oskar's mom could use some helping hands... She's in the Winston-Salem area and could use some on-site help learning to home test...

You could be both a bump and a most welcomed hug... Please pay it forward if you're close to her...

Much love to all, and, yes, bumping hugs for Ginger...

45. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I actually live about 2.5 hours from Winston Salem. But, as fate has it, I actually have a business office in Winston Salem. I go there often and am scheduled to be there on June 7-- is that too late to help?

Kim

46. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Kim,

Thank you!!! Truly.

Here's the link to Sylvia's post:
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=43448

Figured it might be best to let you decide if you want to respond or contact her...

Personally? It took me one month and 28 days/nights to home test Giz. In other words, I don't think it's ever too late...

If you do decide to contact Sylvia, please tell her you are the extra hands she needs... She's been looking for extra hands... She has a good heart, much like yours, dearest Kim...

Much love and countless grateful -- and bumping for Ginger -- hugs,

47. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Kim,

You make my heart smile... Thank you. Truly.

I've had the privilege to help a few newbies learn how to home test. I'm not sure I have the words to describe either the look on their faces (pretty much both moms and cats!) or the feeling in my heart after... It's always a very warm feeling... Kind of like you're really making a difference...

And, then, there's all those hugs you get! And, the relieved smiles...

Thank you. Truly.

Sweet Ginger, this bump is courtesy of dearest Kim!

Much love and countless grateful hugs for the wonder that is your heart,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who taught me to be brave...

48. Kathyh

Kathyh Member

I've been trying to "sell" a diabetic friend, who will soon have his own house, that he needs Ginger. And she wouldn't even cost him extra since they use the same insuliin.\bump

49. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Well if your friend see this link maybe it will win him over. I took some video's of Ginger today and posted them on Youtube. I don't know how to embed them on here but I can give you all the links. Be forewarned... I am new to the video thing so you might get seasick. Plus it is hard to video and play at the same time. I didn't get her talking but she sure does. I hope you all like:

[youtube]jF_rMUJamiQ[/youtube]

50. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

51. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Ronda, and, of course, you too, sweet Ginger,

I think you have Cecile B. DeMille/Francis Ford Coppola directorial potential. Okay, there were a couple of moments when I felt the need for Dramamine... She's a cat!

My personal favorite was the third video.

I swear to you, dearest Ronda, if my circumstances were different, I'd scoop Ginger up in a heartbeat... Let's hope Kathyh's friend does and that I'll be able to be Ginger's Godmother...

There is nothing like dancing with a sugar cat. And, sweet Ginger, is definitely ready for her close up...

Bump... Sigh...

Much love and countless grateful hugs for you and everyone at Fancy Cats Rescue,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who taught me anything is possible...

52. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Got one more where she was doing a walk about in the house. She wanted me to play with her some more:
    [youtube]dQ0RZ4EKF98[/youtube]

To embed a YouTube video, only include the part of the URL after the = sign.

53. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

another walk about video

[youtube]WnDdo6dIR4w[/youtube]

54. traceyg

traceyg Member

hey Ginger Cool Video. I just got in from the weekend. I plan to go visit you on u-tube and leave some wonderful comments. I love the way you do the string dance. Perhaps some others here will visit you on u-tube and put some nice comments.

I am going to try to grab some of the pics on the video if I can and see if I can make one of you doing the bump now that I am home. Well I have to go out again tonight but I am still home.

If my cats were not so tough. I would think of trying it but I got some rough cats here. They are from the city streets. . . . and they are a pretty tough gang. You might have liked Suzie though all cats did even cats that don't like other cats. She was a sweetie!

Ginger your such a cute wonderful girl. The person who gets you is going to be a very lucky person!

55. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

She looks so healthy Ronda. You are doing a great job with her!!

56. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Thanks Venita... wish I could really be the one to take credit for it but I'm not. She is basically taking care of herself. She is a perfect 11 lbs and you can see she has a waist and is extremely muscular. Such an active little girl and acts no where near the 8 years old we know her to be. We had her when she was born so we know her real age. I am tempted though to send these videos to the owner that gave her up. She came back to us really obese and her fur was extremely unkempt. The poor little girl was not taken care of very well at all. She is doing really really well on the .5 units of Lantus twice a day and is still as active as ever. I am having to be very careful now though because her BG levels are become more normal everyday. I really really think she will be OTJ very soon.

I haven't forgotten to get pictures. I had the video cam out though because I have another foster that no one has seen her play or really move so I took videos to show she has changed DRAMATICALLY since she has been in my home. Her name is Honey. We have had her for about 6 months but she was never fostered so she was sort of in a state of fear for well over 4 months. I don't think Honey ever even knew how to play...Now she is making leaps and strides.

I will be trying to take pictures as soon as I can.

57. MommaOfMuse

58. traceyg

traceyg Member

Have you ever thought of listing ginger her also. http://www.petswithdisabilities.org/catadopt.html

It couldn't hurt. I found this site after Suzie died. I had another cat that died a few months ago also. I was kind of looking around seeing if I could find a kitten, female disabled that I could sneak into the house with the others here. They are a pretty tough gang I seem to be able to fit in kittens easier. I go back and check it once and a while couldn't hurt to check it out to list Ginger here. . .

Hi Ginger : ) I had a long work day but wanted to stop in and do the bump with you, your a beautiful green eyed cat hopefully you will find a forever home soon. I know how much that means . . . to have a forever home but I sure am glad you got such a great foster mommy. . .

59. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is a bump from my Ginger: [​IMG]
    who is also 7 years old, very playful, full of energy, and very loving.
    She's hoping that this Ginger finds a furever home, soon.

60. MommaOfMuse

Bumping the Ginger until she has a home of her own.

61. traceyg

traceyg Member

Bumping the Ginger until she has a home of her own.>> Joining you

62. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Giner asked me to come on here and to tell you all that she loves you bit, bunches and more than mices even if you do have other furries. She is doing so well and I am so happy for her. She really will make someone an Awesome sugar baby one day. She might actually be a little harder than I thought to let go but I know she desrves so much more than I could give her. She deserves the world. Thank you

63. traceyg

traceyg Member

hey there Ginger I am going out to help a friend move. However before I did that I wanted to bump you up here. If we keep bumping you perhaps a new person coming to the board will just want to take you home. I think however it will be hard for you and your foster mommy it seems you are becoming quite the team. If you get a chance get me some photos. I started an animation of ginger but I can't get the photos extracted from the movies you have here. I am getting a new computer soon with more mem etc that my help. The program I have runs very slow on this old computer. . .

64. traceyg

traceyg Member

Come on guys you forget how to do the bump : ) Hi Ginger.

65. MommaOfMuse

Ginger's daily bumping.

Hi Ginger!!!! we love you more than catnip and mousies too, and we sure hope you find your furever home. I'm sorry I couldn't adopt you because you don't like living wih other kitties, but your foster mommie helped me find a little extra sweet girl that I could. So don't give up looking for that special human to save, extra sweet kitties find homes all the time if we just keep looking hard enough.

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang

66. traceyg

traceyg Member

67. MommaOfMuse

Up you go again Ginger! BUMP

68. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Hey guys,

As usual extra busy over here... Anyone wanna come help (just kidding giggle giggle). I found out something interesting today and I wanted to share.... Now of course this could all be just a fluke so I will begin to try to take it a little further.

As some of you know I foster other special needs kitties and not just Ginger. Anyway, I do happen to have two kitties that are known to like other kitties and are very sweet. The two I foster is Paws a super sweet cow kitty that has some sort of food allergy I still have yet to fully identify and a very sweet shy mucho petite all black girl named honey that thrives more with another kitty around.

SO...... today for Ginger's walk about and play session she decided she wanted to stay upstair with me while I fixed the other kitties food. Normally she runs at top speed down stairs and chills in the play area until I am done. By the way she has a plastic bag fetish, she doesn't eat or chew only licks. While I was cleaning kitty bowls Ginger was licking a fresh plastic bag I was going to use to clean the litter boxes then she must have spotted a paw under one of the kitty doors and she stopped walked over and took a good sniff (interesting.... no hiss). It turned out to be Paws paw. HMMMM I have to wonder as I look over and see what is going on. So then while Paws is letting me know she is hungry and wants her play time too I go to the door where Ginger is. I ask Ginger if she would like to meet a kitty. She meows, head butts me and gives a quick kiss and goes back to licking the plastic bag. So ever so slowly I open the door to Paws and Honey's room just to see what would happen. Paws meows which catches Gingers attention and she looks over. I open the door just a little more... just enough for Paws to poke her head through. Ginger meows at me and Paws meows. Ginger casually walks over and wouldn't you know it they touch noses and neither gives any hiss or shows any agression. Ginger then meows again when I ask if she is mad and gives me another quick kiss. Paws tries to come out more so I close the door.... Not yet cutie lets take it slow.

Ginger is purring the whole time all this was going on. No aggression or being scared or anything like that. Now mind you Ginger did hiss when Coco-Chanel (my cat-titude kitty that hates all fuzzies) hissed at her. But she didn't hiss at Paws.

Could it be possible?!?!?!?! I don't know. I might try to take things a little further with time but maybe Ginger can accept other cats if its the right environment and given enough time. :razz:

69. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Well, if Ginger can get along with other cats, then that changes the equation, right ?

Maybe she can be with KITTENS ?

70. traceyg

traceyg Member

Could it be possible?!?!?!?!>> Sure could. I have had foster cats that will accept certain cats with a certain personailties but will not accept other cats at all and will go nuts. I have fosted ones that it just took a really long time for them to get used to other cats. I have had others were nope will not do another cat not chance in heaven or hell.

Since all cats seemed to get along with Suzie I would try them with her first let them get to know each other play etc. . I would do that for a week or two then introduce them to the next cat etc until they were introdcued to the whole gang. Now some cats I could just put in right away almost but most fosters I couldn't. Now I have a pretty tough gang and it gets harder. . . but usually with time lots of it. . . it works. The first day I would try a few minutes the next day it would be a little longer etc we build up a little each day until I would leave the foster and Suzie together for longer and longer periods. I sure do miss Suzie. Not sure if I can do that with the other cats here or not now. I havent had a foster since she is gone. It has been about 2 months. The four I have left are pretty rough in nature. Love the dearly though. Suzie was sweet and gentle.

Well Ginger me and my four cats, ten birds and one hamster send you a hello. We are all in the same room. It is hot here today suppose to get to 97. On a fourth floor apartment that is hot even with the air conditioner running. So all my kitties are laying around my desk and one is laying right in front of the air conditioner smart cat : )

71. traceyg

traceyg Member

Hi ginger here is a video from the news if you would like to meet my cats. You can meet them at a real safe distance here. There is other stuff in there also but you will see a few of my cats in it. This taken by channel 69 news back in october of my cats and some dogs etc. . .

http://www.wfmz.com/politics/25510430/d ... ?taf=allen

So how is Ginger doing with the other cats these days?

72. traceyg

traceyg Member

PS you see a little box will be black at first then you will see puddy press the arrow then it will show you a short commecial then your see my cats if you are interested. The joke for a while was my cats were famous because they made the news amoung my local friends. . .

73. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Tracey, did the City Council pass that ordinance?

74. traceyg

traceyg Member

Hi Ginger how you doing. Sorry I didn't get the video made of you yet. All of a sudden I have been getting a lot of house calls so I have had the time. I hope you are well at your fosters mom's house. How is it coming with the other cats?

Ventia, No they did not. they didn't do their research. I did. In the State of Pa it is illegal by state law to pass such an ordinance. I made copies of the law for all the council members. . . they just said they were going to table it but heard later that they were just going to leave it alone. The also were not expecting the news to show up etc. . . There were only a few pets lovers at the meeting but we made enough noise to stop it. The city of Reading doesn't need any more lawsuits. If you need any of the info I can mail it to you on pet limit laws. It was the one time all my lobbying for Children and youth in years past did good for the cats here in Berks. They are very backwards here with animals. . .

For any one else that is interested or wants to see my kitty cats here is the link again. I don't see it in the first post anymore. Just click on puddy and the video will run. Slight commercial first.

http://www.wfmz.com/politics/25510430/d ... ?taf=allen

75. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

HEY Ginger here :D

Boy has my foster mommy been busy. She hasn't had time to take the pictures of me as she promised yet. I can understand though since she is really stumped with the kitty I met earlier (Paws). She also had lots of adoption fairs she has been attending and helping with. She promised she will get them real soon. I don't mind things are going really well for me and I didn't have to go to them. She says she doesn't want anything to stress me out too much because she has a surprise for everyone but she said we have to be quiet for now.... Silly humans and their superstitions.

I have been extra sweet to my foster mommy lately. I know its not a real forever home but she gives me so much love and I am really happy if a real home is anything like this then I have a great life.

I did get to meet Paws some more but sometimes she makes these sudden movements I don't know what she is going to do. I might like Honey her buddy a little better since she is much slower in her movements and won't approach me unless I tell her its okay. I did see Honey's paws under the door though and she smelled alright to me. We will see...

76. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I love surprises Ginger, and I am patient and can wait....

OK, long enough. Spill it!!

77. traceyg

traceyg Member

OK, long enough. Spill it!!>> I agree : )

78. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

A suprise that she has to be quiet about... hmmm... I think this is going to be good. Can't wait!!!

79. MommaOfMuse

I'm trying to be good and be patient......really I am.....I'm being patient......

Enough with that patient stuff....spill it!!!!

Mel, Maxwell and the Fur Gang

80. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Now now... patience is a virtue. Hold on till friday okay... :mrgreen:

81. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Friday is a long long time ..

82. MommaOfMuse

Is it friday yet? :lol:

83. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Two more days and Five and a Half hours til Friday.

Come on Friday!

84. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

okay here is a big hint for you all.... Ginger has a vet appointment on Friday at 12:30. :shock:

85. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Is she getting an interstate health certificate? To travel?

86. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

One more day!!!

87. MommaOfMuse

Why isn't it Friday yet? This is torture!

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang

88. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

BUMP!

And, breathlessly waiting for sweet Ginger's news...

Much love and all fingers and paws crossed kind of hopeful hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who sent me Nikki, another one-person only...

89. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friday!!

90. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It's Friday!

91. kse

kse Well-Known Member

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

92. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Ginger will be on around 1PM eastern standard time to announce her secret.

93. MommaOfMuse

OHHHH THE TORTURE!!!!!! Okay, being patience again....sigh! Do you know how badly I do patience? lol

Mel, Maxwel and The Fur Gang.

94. Karen & Smokey(GA)

So that's 4pm West Coast time.

Can't wait !!!

95. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

No, its 10 AM Pacific time.

96. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Oh, ya....well I haven't finished my morning coffee yet .
    That's the only excuse I have.

97. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I have so many other excuses.

98. MommaOfMuse

Oh Ginger! (taps watch)

It's 1:35 cst on friday....where oh where are you? Everyone is dying to know your secret....please oh please tell us.

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang.

99. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Indeed it's now after 3:30 pm what gives?!

100. MommaOfMuse

Leave it to a calico to be late.....Bet she will just say she is being mysterious. Or blame it on some poor vetty bean for holding her up...that is just so like those calicos. ohmygod_smile

Mel, Maxwell and The Fur Gang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.