Gandalf the Grey is now Gandalf the White, my guardian angel

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Gandalf the Grey crossed to the Bridge today.

[​IMG]

Some people speak of their heart kitty or their soul kitty. Gandalf was both to me. People have come and gone in my life, but Gandalf has been there for almost 18 1/2 years, my longest companion.

When he was younger he had such a zest for life. I felt bad cooping him up in an apartment for the first 7 years of his life. He climbed down off my 2 story deck once! He would sit in the window and talk and talk even though there were hardly any birds to watch. He talked to me, a beautiful sing-song cacophony of vocalizations. Fortunately I had the resources to buy a small farm with a big house and he learned to go outside and wander. He had big windows to watch birds out of and occasionally a mouse or rabbit to catch outside. He was always vocal and would let me know when he wanted something.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/FindingNeo/?action=view&current=CIMG0450-1.mp4

When he became diabetic in January of '05 I knew I would do whatever it took to help him, although it was a struggle to manage his insulin shots. I blindly followed inappropriate advice (insulin once a day, increasing dose as his symptoms increased, high carb food which would stay in the gut longer to supposedly even out BGs) and I watched a healthy 18 lb cat drop to nearly 12 lbs. in 3 months. In April that year I found FDMB and learned what I needed to do. He got better and luckily never suffered ketones, although he had pancreatitis several times the past couple years, his only complication from diabetes.

He survived thyroid surgery almost 3 years ago to remove a rare parathyroid tumor, one of only 2 cats the University of IL vet hospital ever treated for that in 10 years. He was the only 1 to survive, in fact, and last year they asked if they could evaluate him for a research study on those tumors. I suppose his case is written in a veterinary journal somewhere. If not, then his 6 1/2 years as a diabetic is his claim to fame because what I learned from his experience has helped me help others and I am grateful for that. I am also grateful to the people here who helped me help him live 6 full years as an FD.

In the end, it was not the diabetes which shortened his life - I always expected him to live to 20 or older. He had unusually slow breathing - I could almost match my breaths with his when he would lie beside me at night, purring himself and me to sleep. So he must have had a huge, strong heart.

Indeed he did. Even yesterday when a rainbow appeared out my back deck he wanted to go outside. He could barely walk and it took him a couple stops to get there. He pressed his head against the glass and I knew I had to allow him a few moments outside. The rainbow was already gone by then, but it was as if he knew it was for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He will always be my Goober Buddy, my Bud Bud. Gandalf, I will never forget you and I hope your predecessor, Grey Ghost, finds you at the Bridge to share stories and show you around. I'm sure there's lots of green grass to lie in, maybe even a mouse to catch.

[​IMG]

And some day I know I'll find myself at the Oak Tree where all the Bridge FD kitties carve the names of their caregivers. You only ever climbed the cat tree I made for you, but I suspect I'll have to look way up top for my name. "Momma."

Good night, my gorgeous boy. I'll miss you forever, but one huge paw will always be over my heart and the other will dip in my soul.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Re: Gandalf the Grey is now Gandalf the White, my guardian a

((((Vicky)))) I am so, so sorry. My heart is hurting for you. Fly free sweet Gandalf. rb_icon

I know you have been through so much with him over the past few months. He is free of pain now and gone to wherever he was gazing at in that photo. I hope Grey Ghost, and my Charlotte, are there to meet him.

What a beautiful photo and tribute. It made me cry all over again.

((((Vicky)))

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Vicky)))))) I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, I hope that will bring you comfort as you grieve. He was so handsome!

Fly free Gandalf rb_icon

4. KSAkitties

KSAkitties Member

(((Vicky)),

It is a such beautiful tribute to Gandalf.

My heart is breaking with you. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am lost for words. Please accept my condolences. I love all kitties but grey kitties hold a very special place in my heart. My very first kitty was grey.

Dear Gandalf, fly free! Strong and healthy again.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Vicky))))) I'm so sorry for your loss.
    What a beautiful tribute to such a handsome kitty.
    He was well loved and never will be forgotten.

wings_cat Fly free Gandalf the Grey...

6. Lana & Yoyo

Lana & Yoyo Member

I have come to feel like I know Gandalf personally. I am so very, very sorry to hear this sad news about your loss.

Lana

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH NO! I did'nt even know he was really sick Vicki....I have'nt been keeping up. That was a shock!
    I am so sorry...and I am right there with you. Soul kitty, Heart kitty, one of a kind kitty. I always just think..Vicky....Gandalf.
    This is so sad.
    Maybe Tom picked him up on the way in and they traveled that last crossing together....talking about their mom's and how great it was to be a sugar kitty.
    Hugs Vicky,
    Lori

8. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss, its always too soon. Always.

I was thinking of his name and you can't really escape the LOTR quotes...

Gandalf: Farewell... my brave Hobbits. My work is now finished. Here at last, on the shores of the sea... comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say, Do not weep... not all tears are an evil.

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
    Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
    Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
    Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
    Pippin: [smiling] Well, that isn't so bad.
    Gandalf: [softly] No... No it isn't.

Wishing him green grass, a beautiful sunrise, and a rainbow bridge waiting to carry you to him again someday.

9. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

(((Vicky)))

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Gandalf was so lucky to have you and I know you miss him dearly.

Hugs,
    Pam & Layla

10. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Vicky)))) I am so sorry Gandalf crossed the bridge. Their time with us is never long enough. Thank you for sharing his story and beautiful picture's with us. My heart goes out to you. We will all miss Gandalf. He was one of the greats!

Fly free Gandalf wings_cat

11. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((Vicky))), I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Gandalf. Fly free sweet baby.

Pattie

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

My condolences, Vicki. I know that a legend has now passed.

13. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Those little ones learn life's truths so much faster than we do, and so earn their wings while we still struggle with reality. May your beautiful memories of your awesome Gandalf give you comfort.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((((Vicky))))) I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
    What a lovely tribute to your soul cat and heart cat.
    Until you meet again..

Fly Free
    wings_cat
    Gandalf the Grey

15. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Vicky, I am so sorry you lost Gandalf.

Look not where I was
    For I am not there
    My spirit is free
    I am everywhere

In the air that you breathe
    In the sounds that you hear
    Don't cry for me Mom
    My spirit is near

I'll watch for you
    From the other side
    I'll be the one running
    New friends by my side

Smile at my memory
    Remember in your heart
    This isn't the end
    It's a brand new start

Fly free Gandalf, land softly. wings_cat

16. Diana and Merlin (GA)

Diana and Merlin (GA) Member

(((((VICKY)))))

Deepest condolences to you on your loss of Gandalf.

17. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

Oh, ((((((Vicky)))))), my heart aches for you. I'm so sorry to hear that Gandalf was called away. What beautiful pictures to go with your many years of beautiful memories. You were truly fortunate to have found each other.

I like this very much.....
    Fly free, sweet Gandalf.

18. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

rb_icon Oh, Vicki, I am so so sorry for your loss, I am at a loss for words. Your tribute to your bud bud Gandalf (I call Spot my bud bud too!) was so beautiful, you love shows in each and every word. Fly free Mr. Gandalf, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

19. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. What a lovely tribute for an amazing, loving cat.

Fly free sweet Gandalf. may you soar high and wide and land softly.

20. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

((((((VICKI))))))

NOOOOOOO! Not Gandalf!!! I'm so so sorry that he had to leave you. Tears are falling here as well...Gandalf was one of those legendary cats that always seemed like he would be around forever.

Fly free Beautiful Boy and land ever so softly back in your momma's heart, and give Muse whisker kisses for me when she meets you at the bridge.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

21. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

((((Vicki))))

I am so sorry. Gandalf will always be by your side and in your heart.
    You and Gandalf welcomed me to lev. land and helped ease the transition to a new insulin. An incredible inspiration and he lived his life so well.

22. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

So Sorry for your loss of Gandalf!
    May he see my beautiful gray Gumpy girl and have many days of fun filled frolicking until we meet them again!
    Sharing my tears for you. wings_cat

23. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Vicki))) I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Gandalf is a one of a kind kitty, a legend here on the Board and in life. Such a huge presence, his loss will be felt for a long time, but his gift will go on forever. His love does not end, it transforms. It becomes a part of your being and everything you do is made a little better for having had Gandalf as your little man.

Much love, many hugs and hopes for strength during this difficult time.

Fly free sweet little man, send your mom some rainbows and let her know that you're still with her.

24. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful tribute to your boy. He was a very special cat.

May all your best memories of Gandalf comfort you...

...'til you meet again.

25. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

What a moving tribute. Fly Free Sweet Gandalf.
    Dana

26. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Oh, ((((Vicky)))) I am so, so sorry.

What a beautiful and fitting tribute to a very special and well-loved boy. How blessed you both were to have found each other in this big, crazy world, and what an amazing path you walked together. Your journey together is far from over - he has merely Gone Ahead to scout out the new path while he waits for you.

Safe journey, sweet Gandalf. Peace and comfort to you, Vicky.

Fragile Circle
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
    live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
    never fully understanding the necessary plan."
    -- Irving Townsend​

27. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Vicky, my deepest sympathy. What a beautiful tribute to your boy and what a wonderful life he had with you. I loved seeing the pictures of him....he truly was a gorgeous kitty. May all those years of love and memories help you through the "moments" and my heart goes out to you.

28. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh I am so sad to read this, but so happy at the life he led! Fly free Galndalf!

29. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Oh, Vicky! I'm so very sad to hear this. He had a wonderful, long life because of your love and care. I'm so sorry.

30. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Big looong hug Vicky - I'm so sorry Gandalf has gone ahead to the bridge. You and he were one of the first I kept seeing when I arrived here after KT's dx. He's one of the kitties that gave me hope that my extra sweet boy wasn't going to die because of the diabetes. YOU taught me that I didn't HAVE to be scared - it was just another hiccup in the road of life. Your words were always so full of love for Gandalf. I'm thankful that God gave you and him a rainbow to share yesterday.

Hugs my friend - you've made a big difference in OUR world...

31. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Vicky....I'm so sorry your most beautiful boy had to leave you. May those wonderful memories keep your sadness at bay until you meet again.

Fly free Gandalf...you will be greatly missed by all of us....your FD cyber family.

32. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear Gandalf has passed to the other side. Your bond with him sounds so special and I know death can't break it.

Fly free Gandalf

33. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful story of love and caring, from both Gandalf and your sides. A life full of birds and critters - love the picture outdoors - that says it all. What more could a kitty ask for? So sorry that you lost him. So glad that you had each other.

34. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((VICKY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

OH No Not Gandalf.. you both have been fixtures on the board for a long time. I am so very sorry that Gandalf had to cross over the Bridge. What a wonderful life you have had together. Gandalf is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. Many tears falling here. rb_icon
    wings_cat

35. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Vicky))))

What an incredible tribute to a beautiful cat. The skies here have been crying with your loss and the heavens welcomed Gandolf with a rainbow. Your sweet boy knew it was his time. All of our guardian angels are there to greet Gandolf and provide companionship until you are reunited.

Fly free little one and land softly.

36. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

(((((Vicki)))))

My thoughts are with you as you grieve the loss of Gandolf in his catly form in your home. Now his spirit surrounds you always and will be there for you everywhere you go. Fly free sweet Gandolf! You earned your wings, use them well.

37. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Vicky - I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to your boy. Fly free little one - you will be missed.

38. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

(((((Vicki))))) I am so sorry. He had 18.5 years of being your best friend and you showered him with love. He will be in your heart and by your side in spirit always. His video and pictures show what a sweet boy he was. I lost my soul mate kitty in April - we'd have conversations too. I lost my best friend. I would give anything for one more day, but I know he was a gift and I treasured him like you treasured Gandalf. I also believe in my heart that Gandalf was meant to be yours. Sending you lots of hugs.

39. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

Such a beautiful boy. I am so very sorry for your loss.

wings_cat

40. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Oh, (((Vicky))), I am so very sorry to see that your Gandalf has gone. You and he fought hard and well.

Run free, Gandalf!

41. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Vicki)))))) What a beautiful tribute for Gandalf. My heart hurts for you with many tears. I'm so sorry he had to leave.

Fly free Gandalf, land ever so softly.

42. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful cat! :YMHUG:

43. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss .. Your post brought tears to my eyes .. such a sweet boy you had .. One that is surely going to be waiting for you .. Fly Free Gandalf ...

44. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Vicky)))

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful cat he was, and truly meant to be your soul mate.

Hugs,

Janet

45. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Vicky))))) I am so very sorry for your loss. May you always feel Gandalf's love, as he will always feel yours. Fly free, Gandalf. wings_cat

46. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Vicky)) I am so very saddened upon reading this. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved him and how great of a life he had with you. Gandalf...you will be missed.

47. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Gentle hugs to you Vicky))))) I'm so sorry for your physical loss of Gandalf. You gave Gandalf the best life and all the love a kitty could ever wish for. He will always love you as much as you have loved him.

Fly free Gandalf, to a body free of pain and disease, and green pastures to run and play in.

rb_icon

48. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Gandalf... I can't believe it. Somehow there are a few cats that you think will live forever and Gandalf was one of them for me. I'm so very sorry Vicky. He was a truly beautiful kitty and your love and care for him was amazing. I remember the video of him receiving fluids and how calm he was - his trust in you was complete. I remember his surgery for that rare thyroid tumor and how he pulled through. I remember his handsome and dignified Lion cuts. Oh gosh, I know I will always remember Gandalf, his memory will live forever. I can't imagine the sadness you must feel today, but please know we understand what a great loss this is. ((((((((Vicky)))))))))

49. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Vicky)) I so agree with CD - sometimes we feel these "old-timers" will be around forever because they fight so hard and the give so much love and then it's such a shock to see that they have had to leave us. My heart goes out to you in your sadness - that was a wonderful "story of love" that you wrote - the love only someone who has shared it with an animal knows - unconditional. But then all of your posts over the years have shown that love - shared by both of you.

And now Gandalf (have always loved that name) stands beyond the rainbow (and what a gorgeous rainbow that was) - young and free and strong and watching over you - joining all the other "specially sweet kitties" that have gone before.

I send you many heartfelt prayers of comfort and many hugs. I am so sorry it was his time.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

50. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Vicky))) Sending you our deepest condolences over Gandalf crossing the Bridge. What a wonderful tribute to him and what a journey you had with him. He will always be with you and you will remain soulmates forever. He was a lucky soul to have you as his lifelong companion.

Gentle journey, Gandalf.

51. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

A beautiful and fitting tribute to a true board legend. Fly free sweet kitty, on the wings of angels, land ever so softly back to your moms heart.
    Vicky my heart goes out to you.
    jeanne

52. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Beautiful tribute to Gandalf. Fly free sweet boy!!

53. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

(((Vicky))))
    He will always be part of you -- always.
    I know you will feel him around from time to time, as I do Cleo. They never truly leave us once they have taken our hearts.
    Fly free and land softly, dear Gandalf.

54. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

55. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Vicky,
    :YMHUG:
    I know there are no words that could possibly comfort you at a time like this
    Know that he is in your heart and soul forever.
    I am truly sorry for your loss

Denise

56. Maresydotes

Maresydotes Member

Vicky,
    I am so, so sorry for your loss.

57. CatherineandIssey

CatherineandIssey Member

How lucky you both were to have had each other.
    Run free, Gandalf

Catherine and Issey

58. jennifer & korbel (GA)

jennifer & korbel (GA) Member

I'm so so sorry to read this.
    He was a gorgeous cat.

59. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

I am so sorry Vicky for your loss big :YMHUG: to you !

60. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you, Vicky. You gave him such a beautiful life and a beautiful tribute in the end.

Watch over Vicky, Gandalf the White. One day you will join her to cross the Bridge together.

61. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Vicki-

so terribly sorry to see this.
    Gandalf was a gorgeous legend here.

all four of us lighting candles for him...

Celi, Binks, Smudge & Annie

[​IMG]

62. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Vicki,

I am so sorry that you lost your Gandalf. That was a beautiful tribute to him. I can see he lived a very good and pampered life. I know you will miss him terribly.

Condolences on losing your lifetime friend.

Fly Free Gandalf rb_icon

(((Vicki)))

63. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Oh Vicky, I'm so very sorry about Gandalf. I was wondering if the reason you weren't posting much was because he was ill. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures of your handsome boy. He was a very special kitty, and you both have helped so many others here. My heart breaks for you.

64. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Dearest ((Vicky)), I am truely sorry for your loss.
    Gandalf's tribute was beautiful.

I'M STILL HERE,THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE.
    I'M RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE EACH NIGHT AND DAY
    AND WITHIN YOUR HEART I LONG TO STAY.

MY BODY IS GONE, BUT I'M ALWAYS NEAR;
    I'M EVERYTHING YOU FEEL, SEE OR HEAR.
    MY SPIRIT IS FREE, BUT I'LL NEVER DEPART
    AS LONG AS YOU KEEP ME ALIVE IN YOUR HEART.

I'LL NEVER WANDER OUT OF YOUR SIGHT;
    I'M THE BRIGHTEST STAR ON A SUMMER NIGHT.
    I'LL NEVER BE BEYOND YOUR REACH;
    I'M THE WARM, MOIST SAND WHEN YOU'RE AT THE BEACH.

I'M THE COLORFUL LEAVES WHEN FALL COMES AROUND,
    AND THE PURE WHITE SNOW THAT BLANKETS THE GROUND.
    I'M THE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS OF WHICH YOU'RE SO FOND;
    THE CLEAR, COOL WATER IN A QUIET POND.

I'M THE FIRST BRIGHT BLOSSOM YOU'LL SEE IN THE SPRING;
    THE FIRST WARM RAINDROP THAT APRIL WILL BRING.
    I'M THE FIRST RAY OF LIGHT WHEN THE SUN STARTS TO SHINE,
    AND YOU'LL SEE THAT FACE IN THE MOON IS MINE.

WHEN YOU START THINKING THERE'S NO ONE TO LOVE YOU,
    YOU CAN TALK TO THE LORD ABOVE YOU.
    I'LL WHISPER MY ANSWER THROUGH THE LEAVES IN THE TREES,
    AND YOU'LL FEEL MY PRESENCE IN THE SOFT SUMMER BREEZE.

I'M THE HOT SALTY TEARS THAT FLOW WHEN YOU WEEP,
    AND THE BEAUTIFUL DREAMS THAT COME WHEN YOU SLEEP;
    I'M THAT SMILE THAT YOU SEE ON A BABY'S FACE-
    JUST LOOK FOR ME, I'M EVERY PLACE.

65. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((((Vicky))))),
    There is a new, brilliant star in the heavens tonight. Gandalf the Gray will live on in FD legend. What a beautiful kitty he was and how lucky to have spent his long life with you. He will be kept safe in your heart until you meet again.
    Fly free, sweet Gandalf, land softly, and know that you are much loved and will be missed.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella and Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

66. Violet and Garland

Violet and Garland Well-Known Member

This just made me tear up... what beautiful pictures of Gandalf and a beautiful story with the rainbow. sending you my sympathy and prayers.. so sorry for your loss

67. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Thank you, dearest Lori.
    I must tell you I'm so sorry that I did not post a condolence on Tom's GA thread. I was too wrapped up in my own grieving because I knew Gandalf would be next. I could not bear to post then. I am so deeply touched by everyone's heartfelt words and you're saying Tom picked him up on the way. I know you understand how difficult it is when you know it's right for them, yet it hurts so much to let them go. :YMHUG:

I also have to thank the person who made a donation to DCIN in Gandalf's honor. That was such a tremendous act of giving. I'm extremely touched that the donation honors Gandalf on DCIN's home page as well. DCIN is certainly the most worthy cause and I would be so grateful to everyone who can donate in his honor. Because of his treatment costs I have not been able to donate to them in some time. He was receiving acupuncture up until a week before he had to go to the Bridge and that last treatment gave him the strength to tell me goodbye in his own way.

[​IMG]

Thank you again to everyone who has posted. It helps make my heart feel fuller to know that so many people care.

68. Mystery

Mystery Member

Such a beauty, was Gandalf. Sincere sympathies to all who loved and cared for him.

69. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I am very sorry. My heart breaks for you.

Kim and Kitty

70. Marjorie and Tigger

Marjorie and Tigger Member

((((Vicky)))) I'm so sorry to hear of Gandalf's passing. My heart goes out to you. Your words & photos has me crying along with you. Godspeed sweet Gandalf. rb_icon

With Deepest Sympathies,
    Marjorie & Tigger, in spirit.

71. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Vicky, you already know how I feel. I wish there was some way to ease your grief with words. I know there isn't anything I can really say.

You are a good friend and Gandalf, of course, has become a part of our FDMB family for so long now as well as a special kitty to me.

He will always be missed.

Love you Vicky. And Gandalf, it is now your turn....you are set free. You will be fine. So many before you will welcome you.

Just so you know, your Mama always said what a good boy you were. Even with syringe feeding, you were so cooperative. You hung in there and your mama tried so hard. She loved you so much.

Good bye Big G.

72. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Vicky, that is a great photo of you and Gandalf. It captures the relationship and special bond that you shared through caring for him through his diabetes as well as his final illness. It is photo to treasure, but then, they all are.

(((hugs)))

73. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

I am so sorry to see this news.

Gandolf truly is special. I know there is a party at the bridge showing him alllll about the place.

((((hugs)))) to you.

74. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Vicky))) Joining with others in extending my deepest condolences to you. That was a lovely tribute to your beautiful boy....
    May your memories of the years and love you shared comfort you at this very sad time....
    Fly free Gandalf....until we meet again... wings_cat

75. Pam & Alley

Pam & Alley Member

((((Vicky)))) I am so sorry for your loss of our wonderful Gandalf, (Clint), the boy who defied the odds and amazed some of the most talented vets. He was truly one of a kind. You have always amazed me with your knowlege and determination concerning his journey in life. Gandalf will always be a part of us here.

76. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Oh Vicky!
    I am so saddened. Why do we have to lose our precious precious darlings.
    The sorrow is so deep.
    You were the best mom ever. And what a wonderful home
    Gandalf had with you.
    I wish we all could Hug you and try to help in some way.
    Sending love your way Vicky.

77. Cindy and Patches

Cindy and Patches Member

Oh Vicki I am so sorry. There is never enough time with the ones we love. Please know that I am holding you close and sending prayers for comfort and peace.

78. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

double post

79. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

(((Vickie)))) Gandalf The Grey.... gone ahead.... My heart breaks, ... as CD said... He was supposed to live forever (and he will in our hearts).. As you said... live to 20, was what I had expected of my beloved Charlie... he too, died at 18+... though I kept repeating... Charlie don't die, all the way to ER!

I hadn't heard about the oak tree.... I know he'll have carved :Mommy with great love, telling all who are gathered below, Charlie, Spunky, Merlin, about his wonderful mommy.

I read and re-read your post... tring to change it... trying to see it was not so. (((Holding you closely and tears falling)))....

I am grateful for the 18+ years we both had with our boys..... Charlie would have been 20 this year... I will miss him forever. I'm so sorry... can't see any more.

80. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I wanted to post yesterday but each time I came to the board I'd be crying too much that i couldn't type....beautiful tribute...he was blessed to have you in his life and you were blessed to have been a part of his journey....

know that i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you deal with such devastating loss....

Fly Free Gandalf wings_cat

81. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

So sorry you lost your beautiful Gandalf. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> wings_cat <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

82. Jennifer & Saima (GA)

Jennifer & Saima (GA) Member

I am so sorry that beautiful Gandalf has passed. I felt a little better every time I saw his wise little face in your avatar photo. I understand what it means to have a soul mate kitty, and how heartbroken you must be right now. You are in my thoughts.

83. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

Vicky-You've been on my mind for past couple of days--now I know why.
    I'm deeply saddend to hear about your loss. You and Gandalf will always be together in mind and spirit. You gave him such a beautiful life, and an equally beautiful goodbye. Prayers and hugs going out to you.

84. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

What a beautiful and moving tribute to an undoubtedly special cat. I'm very sorry for your loss.

85. Melissa and Celle

Melissa and Celle Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Gandalf may never know how many other kitties he was able to help through you. We were all blessed to have him in our lives, even if only in the message board. My thoughts are with you.

86. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your life with the wonderful Gandalf....what a fantastic and amazing and spectacular time you two shared.

Unfurl the red carpet, sound the trumpets for the The Great and Mighty Gandalf!

Godspeed and Angelwings to a superior beast, Gandalf! ((((Vicky))))

87. velma & pooka

velma & pooka Member

Vicky,

I'm so sorry to hear that Gandalf crossed the bridge. I haven't been on a lot lately, but I still remember you and your beautiful boy. The pictures and tribute to Gandalf are wonderful. I remember how hard it was for me to lose Pooka and Isis. Give yourself time to grieve and to heal. My heart goes out to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.