fussing with carb calcs

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by George&Bert, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George&Bert

George&Bert Member

I have read the calc procedures and am a bit confused. Appaently the number desired is percentage of calorie? Is that right? I'm confused between methods. :?

ok, so I'm not the brightest crayon in the box! Maybe..Burnt orange...

Would like to try new foods like Evangers Beef Tips and their Seafood & Caviar canned. And some of the Spot's Stew canned.

Getting "as fed" is like pulling teeth and is it actual and factual when you get it?

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

10% carbs from calories or less is ideally what you want.

Evangers Beef Tips: http://www.evangersdogfood.com/cat/20090.html
    Beef, Beef Broth, Beef Liver, Tomato Paste, Guar Gum, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D2 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamin Mononitrate, Pyriodoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium

Looks low carb to me, despite the food being in gravy.

Evangers Seafood and Caviar: http://www.evangersdogfood.com/cat/20084.html
    SALMON, CHICKEN, WATER SUFFICIENT FOR PROCESSING, CHICKEN LIVER, CAVIAR, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, BREWERS DRIED YEAST, TAURINE, VITAMIN A ACETATE, VITAMIN D2 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN SUPPLEMENT, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, BIOTIN, FOLIC ACID, ZINC PROTEINATE, FERROUS PROTEINATE, MANGANESE PROTEINATE, COPPER PROTEINATE, CALCIUM IODATE AND SODIUM SELENITE.

Also looks low carb.

Halo's Spot Stew has been discussed on the old board. I think the consensus was that the food contains too many unnecessary fruits and veggies but otherwise low in carbs.

Not always. Sometimes you just get guaranteed max/min numbers. Other times you just get numbers that don't add up.

3. Erimess & Sammy (GA)

Erimess & Sammy (GA) Member

Did you actually get as fed numbers from Evangers? If so, I'd love to have them PM'ed to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.