Friday Five: your house

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. How many ceiling fans are there in your home?
    2. What kind of furniture do your kitties/doggies have? Are they living the life of luxury?
    3. Could your home be on Cribs? Do you have a giant tub, a huge TV, or other luxurious items?
    4. Do you have central AC, wall units, or nothing?
    5. Do you have an outdoor space that you love? Garden, patio, porch, deck, etc.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

1. Currently have two. Fiance wants to put in at least two more in our "offices", aka: computer rooms

2. OMG! I have to think about this? let's see, i have 4 cat trees/scratching post thingies in the house, and two in the kitty enclosure. then i have about half dozen actual kitty beds laying around the house. they choose the human couches more often than not though and we have three of those. the kitty enclosure has 3 igloos, the two kitty trees, a couple of those kitty tunnel things, some actual real tree logs they scratch on, a table for feeding, and shelves/steps in the corners so they can climb high if they want.

3. I wouldn't say my home could be on Cribs. it's just a normal house i would say. we do have a pool and a large lot but don't most homes in cali have a pool at least? :)

4. Central AC

5. I like the outside in general at my house, preferring the back yard over the front just due to privacy and the two patios are there with the pool.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(hope you guys don't mind if I crash your party)

1. Two ceiling fans: kitchen and dining room - I use both in the warm/hot weather.

2. Well, there are 5 official cat beds, one I made for Beau in '99 and he finally started using it about 4-5 years ago. A padded shelving unit in front of the patio doors so they can sleep there - they use that. Two of those pop-up cubes and a "cat tent" from Ikea. Then I have an armoire with a hidden foam mattress on top behind the decorative front and I have an antique rocker with cushions that is strictly Beau's chair. But mostly they like my bed, my computer chair, the sofa.

3. um, no way.

4. Two wall units - used as little as possible. I like windows open and fans going.

5. I have a balcony that was one of the reasons I bought my condo. I have window boxes and hanging plants in the summer out there and the kitties enjoy it. There used to be a mulberry tree full of birds, but it was in the neighbor's lot and they cut it down - I cried for hours. And their building used ot be covered in ivy and they tore that down too. Sigh...

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ele's Friday Five: your house

3 fans

2. What kind of furniture do your kitties/doggies have? Are they living the life of luxury?
    Everyone of them has their own bed and some have multiple beds. Still, Mandy (dog) likes to sleep on the couch if she can get away with it and kitties like to sleep on the bean beds. Yes, I think they do have the life of luxury. They also all have many toys. When Beau (dog) gets nervous, he'll pile all of his "babies" in one place and guard them. We have to be careful that he doesn't take the kittie toys too.

3. Could your home be on Cribs? Do you have a giant tub, a huge TV, or other luxurious items?
    Showing my ignorance - what's Cribs? The only "luxurious item" we have is a hot tub on our patio. We have an old 27" TV, no cable, no satellite. Maybe that's why I don't know what Cribs is?? Even our stereo is 20 years old.

We have a large evaporative cooler (aka swamp cooler) on the roof with one vent into the house. Most people wouldn't know what this is because you can only use it in a very dry area.

We have a very, very large patio that overlooks the Colorado River. We pretty much live out there from Spring to Fall. Blackie has his own patio chair out there too.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Sheila!!! Always nice to have people join in, especially those with such nice comments about our "dead" LOL forums. :D

Well, the house is more theirs than mine. :D They have cat beds, but they prefer my pillows. ohmygod_smile

Probably not, though I don't know what Cribs is. Nothing remotely fancy here, I'm more of a minimalist (being broke helps a lot with that style too! ;-) )

I guess it's central if you can call it that.

Sadly no. I have a little patio with a picnic table, but it's 100% deep shade all the time and too squished in with the neighbors to be enjoyable.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

8. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

4 and I'd like to put in a 5th. I live in the southeast--fans help alleviate the need for A/C.

Lucy uses the same furniture as I use with the exception of her bed in front of the heating vent. She doesn't use it during the summer.

Don't know what Cribs is. Nothing luxurious here, although i do love the family antiques.

Central A/C but prefer the window fans.

My front yard except during tick season.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

v1. How many ceiling fans are there in your home?

one

tom has a bed in bedroom for when he wants to sleep alone, or 3/4 of my bed when he wants to sleep with me. he has a cushion near floor furnace and a cushion near fireplace that he uses only in winter. other than that he allows me to share the household furniture with him

HUH? i have a pretty big tv, a small ocean view, a lovely canyon view but it's a 1938 cottage and looks every bit of it.

nope and never need it, open windows and doors are enough

i suppose i do, a decent back deck that faces the ocean, front deck faces canyon. but i like the fact that my entire 2 room cottage is high and all windows so i use the indoor comforts and feel like i'm outdoors. windows and doors open most of the year. tomtom likes it that way.

10. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

1. I have 2.

2. They live on our furniture. The dog sleeps on our coach... cats on our beds..

3. Nope!

4. Window units

5. not really, but we have a balcony.

11. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

It was so much fun to read everyone's answers! It sounds like a lot of you have really beautiful views and surroundings, which is awesome. A great place to live is worth a thousand times more than nice things in the place you live, IMHO. I'm back from my weekend trip and here are my answers:

1. How many ceiling fans are there in your home? 2. One in the living room, one in our bedroom. I LOVE ceiling fans.
    2. What kind of furniture do your kitties/doggies have? Are they living the life of luxury? Cassie (dog) has a bed in the living room and a bed in our room. The kitties have no furniture of their own, but they are living the life of luxury anyway. They use our couch, chairs, and bed as theirs and that works out just fine for them. We used to have a four-perch cat tree that sat in front of our French doors to the backyard. That was a pretty big hit, but we moved and have literally no room for it now.
    3. Could your home be on Cribs? Do you have a giant tub, a huge TV, or other luxurious items? My home could not be on Cribs (which is a show on MTV [that I don't watch] that showcases the homes of ridiculously wealthy people, usually celebrities) but I love it anyway. It's an old house with hardwood floors and great character. Like Terri, I have some antiques which I adore. If it were up to me, I would furnish my house almost entirely in antiques (apart from the couches/chairs/beds). We did just get a new TV because our old one died, and it's pretty nice (42" LCD flat panel). I waited until it went on sale and we had the money saved up, though. ;)
    4. Do you have central AC, wall units, or nothing? We have central air. I am perhaps a bit spoiled, but I have to have AC of some kind. I prefer central but have had window units only. Sheila, I can't believe you live in Chicago and don't use your wall units! It can get pretty humid up there.
    5. Do you have an outdoor space that you love? Garden, patio, porch, deck, etc. We have a nice sized backyard that we don't use much (except to let the dog out) but we sit on our front porch a lot. It's on the small side but there's room for a table and four chairs, and I love to sit and watch the world go by. When we lived in Cleveland, we had the best front porch EVER. I lived out there in the summer, either reading or playing cards or eating dinner. I miss it so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.