Friday Five: Sports

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
    2. If you were a professional athlete, which sport would you want to play? Just think in terms of what you'd want; talent has no place in this equation. ;)
    3. Which of the 4 professional sports in the US have you seen live? That's NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL.
    4. Pick one famous athlete to date, and tell us why you'd want to be with him.
    5. Sport you most dreaded in gym class as a kid.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah's Friday Five

1. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Baseball. It can get boring, but I like that you can see everything up close.
    2. If you were a professional athlete, which sport would you want to play? Just think in terms of what you'd want; talent has no place in this equation. ;) I'd want to be an ice skater. I learned how to ice skate at a pretty young age (4) and it is still one of my very favorite childhood memories. We had a park right across the street from my house and they'd flood it to make an ice rink every year. My dad and I would go over after dinner and skate. There was rarely ever anyone else there at that time, and it was wonderful to be under the black sky with the stars out.
    3. Which of the 4 professional sports in the US have you seen live? That's NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL. I've been to a bunch of MLB games and one NHL game. I don't understand football so I'm not chomping at the bit to go to an NFL game, but I would like to see a basketball game. I always wanted to go when I lived in Cleveland because they have a great team but I never got the chance.
    4. Pick one famous athlete to date, and tell us why you'd want to be with him. This is a terrible question! Who came up with this crap?! ;) Peyton Manning, QB for the Indianapolis Colts. He went to University of Tennessee when I lived there, and I'm a fan of them. I think he's cute in a goofy way, and football only has like 24 games in a season, as opposed to baseball's 184 and basketball's super-long season. And hockey players are right out; I like my men with as many teeth as possible.
    5. Sport you most dreaded in gym class as a kid. I hated the gymnastics unit in junior high. I am not graceful, I am not tiny and lithe, and I don't wear ponytails with ribbons. I can't think of anything worse to do to prepubescent girls at that awkward stage than make them wear leotards and be perky.

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

1. auto racing

2. auto racing......oh wait, maybe volleyball

3. MLB.....but oh god............figure you move to a place where you are surrounded by stadiums and different types of teams you gotta go right? well, you go once and you realize the boredom of it all and never go again :D although i think i wouldn't mind seeing NHL once. i've gone to amateur games of that and those are pretty good

4. hmmmmmmmmmm.......i don't follow them too much. figure they're all a bunch of dumb jocks for the most part that don't have much to offer me except maybe a nice firm body here and there. although, there's several really cute nascar drivers.......as long as they keep their hats on, i.e. jimmie johnson

5. i didn't dread any sports really......except when we had to mix with the boys. oh wait, i didn't like softball. i was an awesome hitter but put a blind kid out in the outfield to catch and you're asking for a disaster. LOL!!!

4. Sarah and Buzz

Oh, Cindy, I knew you and I were bound to part ways one day. I just didn't figure it would be over baseball! Just kidding. :D

Everything about going to a baseball game is AWESOME! The crowds, the excitement, the weather (well, mostly), the history....I would have loved to grow up in a time when you couldn't see baseball on TV, only hear it on the radio, and going to a game was SOMETHING. When it really was America's pasttime.

I do have to say, though, that the last baseball game I went to (this past September), the first five innings were SOOOO boring that I was praying for ANYTHING to happen, even if it wasn't for my team. Somebody just score a hit, for the love of God. Pitcher, hit the batter with a ball! SOMETHING!

I think that there are some cute NASCAR guys, but like you said, they need to leave their hats on. And their racing suits (whatever they are called) too. And I, too, didn't like being in the outfield in softball. I couldn't really catch very well and I knew at some crucial moment, I'd drop the ball, so to speak. ;)

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
    Baseball

2. If you were a professional athlete, which sport would you want to play? Just think in terms of what you'd want; talent has no place in this equation. ;)
    Golf

3. Which of the 4 professional sports in the US have you seen live? That's NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL.
    • NBA - do Harlem Globetrotters count? Saw them as a kid it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!
    • NFL - I think I probably went to a Redskins game somewhere along the way, but honestly I don't remember.
    • MLB - oh yeah, love it!!! have been to several Orioles games (back when they weren't the worst team ever)
    • NHL - unfortunately yes, I have been to a hockey game. did not care for it one teensy bit - the audience kept shouting "fight, fight" the whole time - I think I spent the whole game (I was a kid) praying there would NOT be any fights, and hoping it would all be over soon.
    • And I can't leave out my other sports tragedy, LOL, also as a kid (can you tell my dad likes sports? poor guy, my sis & I must be a sad disappointment ;)) we went to a soccer game - Washington Dips (is there a stupider team name out there? I guess it stands for Diplomats) vs. Boston Teacups (ok, I've already answered my own question - no wonder soccer isn't big here if they can't come up with better team names!!!). I shooshed my family whenever they would cheer for the Dips, and I cried because the Teacups (ok that can't be right - maybe it's the Boston Teapartiers?) hardly had any fans cheering for them (they had like 2 rows filled, and the Dips had 1/2 the stadium). My mom explained they had fans back home so that stopped the tears, but I have never had the urge to go back, LOL.
    • Highlight was going to the US Open (the tennis one) in NY one year. That was pretty cool.

4. Pick one famous athlete to date, and tell us why you'd want to be with him.
    Haven't follow much sports lately (and duh, Tiger's out of the running now!!!) to know who is famous these days. The guys I had crushes on in high school are probably like 80 by now, LOL.

5. Sport you most dreaded in gym class as a kid.
    Ummm... all of them?!?!?!??!? :geek: Probably the worst was when we had soccer in highschool, and an exchange student from Italy was on the other team. He was alarmingly enthusiastic and I think my attempt to hide on the edge of the field resulted in my being trampled, or kicked in the shins, or something else icky.

Gotta say I LOVE how the new Quote makes the FF easier!!! I hated going through and deleting those little >> thingys!!!!

[ETA: Did some checking, must have been the New England Tea Men, that's the only thing I can find that makes sense. Thankfully both they and the Dips folded long ago.]

6. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ele's Friday Five: Sports

1. Football
    2. Auto Racer
    3. NBA, NFL, and NHL Okay, I may be an idiot, but what is MLB? Merry Ladie Bowlers?
    4. Don't know any personality I would want to be with.
    5. Any sport that they picked the teams. I always got picked last.

(edited) I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

7. Sarah and Buzz

Joanna- Your Five made me laugh so hard! The Boston Teacups! And how cute that you felt bad for them. ;) Your compassion started at a young age, I see. Interesting that you'd pick golf, too. I always forget about that, although now with Tiger it's hard to. I bet the US Open was cool! Any really big sporting event like that is neat. I got to go to Game 5 of the ALDS in 2007, where the Indians were supposed to win and go to the World Series. Sadly, that did not happen. But it was a really cool game, the biggest sporting event I've been to. "Alarmingly enthusiastic" made me chuckle, as well. ;)

Ele- You and Cindy have auto racing in common, it appears. :) "Merry Ladie Bowlers"! If I ever join a bowling league (HIGHLY unlikely), that is the name I am going to use for my team because it is awesome. :) In reality, MLB is Major League Baseball. I'm with you on the being picked last thing. That sucked.

Happy New Year to you as well. How did it go? Did you do anything fun and exciting? Or just fun? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.