Friday Five (late!)

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Ack, sorry this is a day late (hopefully not a dollar short)!

My life would not be the same without this...

1. song/movie/book:
    2. person:
    3. place:
    4. event:
    5. self indulgence:

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

YYYYAAAAAYYYY!!! I was worried Sarah that something was wrong! Hope it is late b/c you were out having fun! :D Please don't be late again. :lol: :mrgreen:

My computer time at the library is almost up & I can't think fast enough! cat(2)_steam

2. my big sis / 5. chocolate

those are easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Sarah and Buzz

I will certainly not be late again, and it WAS because I was out having fun, Joanna, so at least there's that. :D This afternoon, however, has been short on fun. I've been in the basement with the pets due to a tornado warning (and touchdown about 4 miles from my house). I am not sure I can adequately describe what getting an arthritic dog who is scared of open-backed steps down into the basement is like (and let's not forget she weighs 70 lbs and I am by myself; Dave's out of town). All this after stuffing the cats into carriers and lugging THEM down the stairs. ETA: Here is a photo of the Steps of Doom: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47380631@N05/4549658532/
    However, all is well and Buzz even gave me a great # at +9 so I am pleased. :smile: Now on to the answers!

1. I saved this one for last because it is REALLY hard. There are so many, as Gator said. I don't think I can pick the TOP one, but I will pick one (which I guess are what the directions ask anyway). Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch. It changed my spiritual life immensely, and that's all I will say about it here.
    2. My best friend. We've known each other since we were 13 years old, and we've been through a lot together. I know I have her unwavering support, as she has mine. I can't imagine what I'd do without her. :smile:
    3. Angers, France. I studied abroad there for a semester in college, and the experience really and truly changed my life.
    4. Being adopted. Of course there's no way to tell how my life would have turned out, but obviously it probably wouldn't resemble my current life at all.
    5. My pets. I consider them a self-indulgence because they were a want, not a need. They've changed my life for the better, of course, and I don't know what I'd do without them. :smile:

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Sarah and Buzz

Yeah, I guess that was sort of weird to take a picture of my steps, but it was probably the most normal thing I've done today. :oops:

A tornado in a convertible? UGH! Sounds scary, glad you made it! ;-)

7. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

1. Pay it Forward (movie), The Power of a Praying Wife (book), and The Secret (DVD), Confessions of an Organized Housewife.
    All of these, (sorry couldn't pick one) have significantly influenced how I look at life, in a positive way. Change your thinking-change your life-

2. My DH-
    having been raised by a mother who always looks at the glass half empty and everyone else as stupid, my DH has totally pulled me out of that "dark place" and makes me laugh, makes me happy, and helps me look at the glass half full.
    his idea - think happy ****. com. After 25+ years - he's a keeper!

3. Hong Kong- our family lived 5 years in HK because of DH job opportunity. So glad we were adventurous enough to do this- still miss the live in amah (maid,nanny,cook) huh- just realized the rest of the family still has one.....

4. wow- every day is a series of little and big decisions that alter the future. I could point back to a million forks in the road.

5. the kitties. I have to call them an indulgence when I think about the fortune we spend on them; and our lives would certainly be different without them. I've always thought of them as prozac in a fur package, now Its just payback time.

8. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1. Song-Summerwind. It was the first song dh and I danced to years ago. We were working in the nightclubs in the city and the dj would play music after hours for us while we finished up for the night. One night, dh pulled me on the dancefloor and the rest is history. At the time, I was in a relationship, but 2yrs later, when I was single again he and another guy were 'fighting' over who would be a better date for me, and I thought of that dance with him, the rest is history. 12 happy years and counting!!

2. My family, friends, and dh, have all had a profound impact on who I am today, without them, I would be lost.

3. St Lucia--Dh and I had a destination wedding there. We turned it into a vacation with our families and a few close friends. We spent a week including a new year's celebration there, and to this day we all reminisce about how it was one of the best times ever.

4. Moving to Chicago, I went to college there and stayed for many years after. I met so many great friends and have wonderful memories spent there during my 20's.

5. Indulgence--I'm with Nancy on this one, the pets are a constant source of joy (and very expensive)
    Gator-your answer makes me laugh (I sometimes miss my wild youth, these days trying for a baby, its all about folic acid and eating my fruits and veggies)!!

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late. :eek:

1. song/movie/book:
    Wayne Dyer books, The Secret, can't think of a song or movie.
    2. person: My mother - I still miss her even though she's been gone 5+ years. She always had confidence in me and loved me no matter how bad I screwed up.
    3. place: NYC - Moving there from a small town was quite the life changing experience. I was a different person when I moved back to Colo.
    4. event: Marrying my current DH. It took me a while, but I finally found the The One.
    5. self indulgence: Chocolate - I think our pets are a necessity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.