Freezing Wellness Canned

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I will begin my work week tomorrow & will need to freeze one can of Wellness tonight so it can thaw out while I am at work & my girls can enjoy at room temperature.
    Anything specific I need to do, except put it in a ziploc tonight? I have done it with other foods, but that kind had chunks with gravy. With the consistency of Wellness, I am not sure if I need to do something special. :?:

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I believe that is the right way, ziplock it, freeze it and pull it out in the morning and it looks like a puck...you can also use ice cube trays for smaller snacks...if u use ice cube trays, cover the tray with seran wrap to avoid freezza burn.

3. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

I just did it for the first time. I mixed it with water first to get like a thick milkshake consistency, then froze it in an ice cube tray covered with plastic wrap. I essentially just prepared it like I would to feed it right away--I always add water to their food. Once frozen, I transfered cubes to a Ziploc freezer bag and sucked as much of the air out as I could. Haven't fed it yet though.

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ronnie & Karen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.