Freestyle/AlphaTrak 2

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Douglas_my ginger cat, Aug 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Hi

Does anyone know if the Freestyle Test Strips would work in the AlphaTrak 2 meter? They look identical.

I only ask because I bought some Freestyle lancets and they fit the lancet pen that came with the Alphatrak starter kit. And also the side on the pen actually says Freestyle on it! I understand that they are made by the same company so could this work?

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Theres a couple of people here that do interchange the strips but I dont think it is recommended by this board.

3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

4. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Thanks!

Sounds like its too big a risk so won't do it.

I was planning to eventually move to a human meter once he is regulated bit it may have to be sooner rather later and keeo the AT2 for curves

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I recommend you get a human meter. The methods used here were developed using a human meter and are tried and proven.

6. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

I used them in a pinch, and noticed about a 15 point difference (lower, if i recall correctly) when tested side by side with the Alphatrak strips, despite them looking identical. Price wise, they seem to cost the same, if not more, in my location, than just buying the AlphaTrak 2 strips, so having to so extra math wasn't worth it to me.

7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Meters are granted up to a 20% variance between tests too. You could use the same meter and get a 250 and a 300 and it would technically be considered the same number.

8. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

I've never noticed that much of a gap on my Alphatrack, but that's very good information to know, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.