Felix's numbers are confusing me :S

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Helen & Felix, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen & Felix

Helen & Felix New Member

Hi everyone!

Would anyone be able to have a look at Felix's SS and give some insight as to what is going on?

Initially I thought his nadair was at +4 but today when I did the glucose curve it was at around 6+/7+ also I though that he was going to need a dose increase from 0.5U to 1.0 U but based on todays curve I guess not???

His reading seem to be all over the place, I'm even questioning if my meter is working properly at this point..

I guess I should also describe his feeding schedule which has been the same since we started on Canninsulin.. the AM and PM are the same;
    1) PS reading
    2) feed Felix- 30 min (2/3 meal)
    3) wait 20 min
    4) glucose shot
    5) leave the rest of his meal 1/3 for him to finish ( which he does)

Any thoughts would be awesome! thanks!

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Helen,

Just doing a quick fly-past right now (sleep meds kicking in) but the AM cycle on 27 Jan was, for a Caninsulin cat, really smooth and generally fab (nice steady drop to steady mid-cycle numbers and a gentle rise back up in the latter part of the cycle).

With the unusually low PMPS I can relate to your skipping the dose tonight. As you gather more data, you may possibly be able to give doses at preshots below 200 (though not by much, due to the nature of the insulin). If you can snag night time tests on the current dose (over the period PM+3 to PM+7 over the next few days it will fill in a lot of blanks in Felix's response pattern and confirm to you whether the current dose is safe on both AM and PM cycles.

Given how smooth a curve you got yesterday AM your current feeding routine seems to be working rather well with the insulin you're using.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.