Duke 6/8

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bone Daddy, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy Member

It's been a rough 2 days for me and Duke.

I was fighting the flu and Duke was fighting himself. Some readings were missed. My wife let me sleep it off.

Spreadsheet is updated, but still needs some work.

Duke's numbers have not been good.

6/9

AMPS was Hi

AM + 7 = Hi

AM + 10 = 526

PMPS = 413

PM + 2 = 300 (looking better)

No more readings tonight. Coming down is good enough for now.

His appetite has been strong.
    He actually finished his dinner and finished off his sister's left overs.
    I know he is giving it the good fight.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful night.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry things are rough for you right now. That flu will really knock you out - when I had it last year it was all I could do to test Bix once every few days (luckily that's all he was needing at the time). Has anything changed that might explain the high #s? Is he eating food that is higher carb or anything? It's fairly odd seeming to me at a quick look at the #s.

In the absense of any other insight, my suggestion would be to reduce the dose to 1.25 for two cycles (testing vigilently for ketones) and see if the #s start coming down, on the thinking that he was getting improved #s on 1.5 and perhaps at some point the #s got too good. If the #s don't start coming down quickly, confirming that the dose was too high, I would raise to 1.75. Perhaps he is eating better and therefore needing more insulin now to balance the #s (?).

Given that one +2 106 though I think there is some chance he is getting an early cycle drop and rebounding off that. This last cycle is a 100 point drop in 2 hours (or less), so it's possible this dose is too much. Bix usually will run flattish from PS to +2, and start his drop after that. Of course ECID, but maybe Duke is getting too much action off this dose...? I'm not really sure, but I would probably try testing for that first (but not staying long at a lower dose if the #s don't improve).

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!! hugs to Duke too :YMHUG: I'd write more, but I can barely keep my eyes open. Will check on you tomorrow!

4. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Looking at your spreadsheet, I am wondering if the high readings the past 3 days is not Duke's liver's reaction to those blue numbers 3 days ago. The inverse curves started happening right after that. You could try bumping down the dose just a little to see if you start to get a normal curve - that would also tell you if it is too little insulin or too much insulin. Any other thoughts?

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you've been sick, I hope you are feeling better. I had the swine flu last year, it was positively brutal....couldn't move off the couch to save my life.

I'm glad to hear that Duke has regained his appetite, that's good news! I know it's discouraging to see the high numbers, I've been there too. I'm much too inexperienced to venture any advice except to listen to those with more experience! :mrgreen:

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

7. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Maybe my premature sun-induced wrinkles are worth something after all! That's a cheery message for me today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.