Dry food Snacks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good evening, I just need a little clarification - I know to feed canned only & I am.
    But the snacks I give (freeze dried) are dry - so is this bad too? I know they are the appropriate snacks FDMB suggests - but now am wondering since they are dry if they are bad too. I also see that seafood should not be given too much. In order for Baby to eat a lot of her canned, I do have to sprinkle with freeze dried or Kitty Kaviar.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Nope. The freeze dried is lo carb. The dry food is bad because it is high carb. It's the carbs, not the texture. The Kitty Kaviar is such a "lite" serving of fish that it shouldn't create any problems for you. Canned seafood more than once a week or so can be an issue, but not Kitty Kaviar.

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Freeze dried treats are ok to give :) You're only giving a few pieces per day, not an entire bowlful.

A sprinkle of treats on top of food is ok, too. Whatever gets your cat to eat her canned food [​IMG]

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your quick reply :D
    Nice to know things are OK...I do only sprinkle a little..never the entire chunk & Kitty Kaviar maybe a few times a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.