Drooler doing well

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurballLover, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Good morning pzi land!

Daisy is healing very nicely. Her surgery was last thurs, we went back on sat to remove the drains, and were there on mon for a quick re-check. The vet said she looks fantastic, and we can let the drainage 'holes' heal over now. The main one is already closed, and the other one is about 1/3 closed.

She is such a sweetheart! Never complained or whined, let me clean her wounds 3-4x a day without complaint (even though I'm sure the antiseptic wipes the vet gave us probably stung a little). She puts on her t-shirt like a pro, and even knows how to step out of it when I take it off!! I think she feels 'special' when she is 'dressed'. She's the same way about bandannas--getting so excited whenever I put one on her!

The only time she had probs was thurs night when we got home---she was scared and confused about being doped up, so I laid on the floor with her and she used my hand as a pillow.

Trying to keep her quiet is a challenge. Now that she can run without discomfort, she wants to get out and play! She's a little sad that we haven't gone for a walk, but the vet said she can come with to Mom's country house on sun---she will love that!

Stitches come out monday--so glad, then we will mostly be back to normal. I have been doing laundry 2x a day to keep all her towels and blankets extra clean (I love the sanitize settings on my washer/dryer!) I am hoping to get some cleaning done today--there's little droplets of blood everywhere....I tried to clean up after her, but every free second I had from work was spent giving her extra luvin' and cleaning her wounds...oh well the house will be clean again someday.....Even with all the towels and blankets, there's still some blood on the carpet--I'll be scrubbing that tonight after work:(

I am so lucky to have found her at the shelter six years ago--she is the sweetest dog. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her family to give her up.

Charlie is getting a little jealous of all the attention her buddy is getting. He let me know by puking after breakfast yesterday, and the day before. I told him if he does it again he's getting extra ear pokes to check his fd; he listened and stopped!

[​IMG]

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Daisy is doing so well. And the pic is great! I'm sure she'll be taking you for walks as soon as her stitches are out. Thanks for updating us.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful picture! She looks so much like my drooler Cassie (only younger). They are such sweet dogs, you're right.

Cassie was really confused and scared after her surgery, too. I think she didn't know why she was feeling weird from the drugs. She was back to normal the next day, although her surgery wasn't as major as Daisy's. I am hoping that Daisy enjoys her time at the country house. I know she's enjoying all the extra lovin' from you. :D

Tell Charlie to watch out or he will have to wear the fin. ;-)

Also, as a fellow Chicagoan, and one away from home who doesn't get to hear it very often, I love this line: "She's a little sad that we haven't gone for a walk, but the vet said she can come with to Mom's country house on sun---she will love that!"
    I didn't realize until I moved away that not everyone says "come with". I know you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but it's just normal to say, "I'm going to the store. Wanna come with?" I have gotten grief over that in many different states. That and "pop". :lol:

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm, my best friend when I was 14 always used to say "wanna come with?" and I've never heard it from anyone else before or since. I just thought it was "cool-speak" I guess (she was cooler than I was when we became friends, so I had to step up to the plate! :lol: ). I don't think she was from Chicago originally, but maybe her rents were or something...

Glad Daisy is doing so well, yes she looks like a real sweetie! :D

5. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Ha, Ha, I forget that we do that.....I remember in 6th grade, always having my papers marked with red for ending sentences with prepositions...teacher would be upset with me if she knew I never really broke that habit!

Stitches were removed on mon---whoo, whooo!!! The vet said she healed perfectly, and we can return to all normal activities. Unfortunately, its been raining a lot since mon, hoping it will stop this afternoon so she can strut her new self in the neighborhood today!

I'm really glad she can get a bath again, 'cause after sunday's play date in the country with my sibling's pets, she is extra stinky :roll:

Every year, for Mother's Day, DS and I buy Mom 4 or 5 flats of annuals, and then spend the day helping her plant them in her containers. This year we all brought our pups. My bro's dog is the caramel lab, who has been Daisy's buddy for many years. My sis got her pit at x-mas, and this was the first time they have all met and played. Daisy is wearing her tshirt, to make sure she didn't get dirt into her stitches. Err on the side of caution, I always say.
    It was so much fun to watch them all run and play. You could definately see the difference between the 8 mo old pup and our, ahem, mature dogs (both are 10)!!!! I must say, even though my bro's dog, and my dog are older--they kept up well!!

Here's a pic I snapped right after my sis gave them some treats (they are beggin for more)

[​IMG]

The decks need staining, but the contractor we gave a huge down payment to last summer, split without doing that, and many other projects :( Guess us 'kids' will be doing a lot of work in the country this year... :evil:

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hooray for Daisy! :D I am glad to hear she is doing well and can get back to her usual activities. That's a cute picture of all 3; looks like they had fun with each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.