? Dosing advice needed 08/07 Milo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Hi there. I was feeling pretty good about Milo’s numbers after increasing to 3.5 units of Lantus (Tight regulation protocol). But he’s bouncing today after 5 cycles at the new dose. The lowest he’s gone is 178, that I’m aware of. I haven’t been able to stay home and test more frequently. Mostly he’s stayed in the 200’s. His numbers were fairly consistent until today when he went from AMPS 194 to 432@ +3. Now at +9 he’s only down slightly to 360.

Milo hasn’t been eating hardly at all the past 24 hours. His new package was raw turkey which he loved the last few rotations. Could it be that he’s feeling lousy so not eating? Out of desperation, again, I have him the w/d canned food that he loves. He ate that and I mixed in a little bit of raw.

So, tomorrow morning should I look at increasing to 3.75? I know I have to make sure he’s not too low AMPS. How low is too low??
    Thanks for your help.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Bumping your post up to the top.

3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thank you. He’s due for his shot tomorrow morning at 9am so I really could use the advice before then!

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Let me tag a few members and see if anyone is around to help

@tiffmaxee
    @Bron and Sheba (GA)
    @Wendy&Neko

ETA: If you could highlight the row which says "Using Meter Calibrated for Humans" - similar to the row up top that says "...meter calibrated for feline blood...", that would ensure that people reading your SS don't miss it.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Doses with nadirs below 200 can be held 8 cycles. That bounce today leads me to believe he went lower last night. I also suspect he'll still be bouncing tomorrow morning, making that decision a moot point. What is "too low to shoot" depends on your ability to monitor, whether you have a feeder he will use, and the data you have to date. Maybe take a +11 at post then for help.

6. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Ok, so I’ll hold his dose at 3.5 today then post a +11 and get some more input. Thank you for your input. I will try to change the row about the meter on my computer. It’s not working well in my phone.

7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Good morning! Milo is at 146 this morning, his lowest yet and I’m afraid to give him his shot. What should I do? He’s eating a bit of raw food now. Should I wait and test again in a while?? @Wendy&Neko