Don't know if I count...

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Squeaks & Nemo, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeaks & Nemo

Squeaks & Nemo Member

I don't know if I count as a honeymooner, but I just wanted to share my enthusiasim!
    I joined on January 28th of this year having recieved the news the day before that one of my babies was a sugarfoots. I had seen worrying signs and had requested re-testing, but it took a while for the vet to see it. And it was in the upper 500's!
    Worried sick and afraid of long-term damage I took to the interwebs and found this site. Lucky for me, the vet had left town until the following week when we would discuss insulin.
    Thanks to this freaking awesome site, I never got that far!
    My sugarbaby went on low carb wet that day and life has only gotten better.
    I don't have a curve or famcy sheet because improvement started within 24 hours. I started checking randomly. Sometimes before grub, sometimes after. He's stayed in the green!
    It's now April and I just checked is BG about 45 minutes after food (Accucheck) and he's a solid 80.
    So I don't know if we count as true Honeymooners since we're not OTJ having never been on it, but I sure feel happy! It was a short sugardance.
    Now if I can just get my other baby's eosinophilic granuloma flare ups under control and the allergy pinpointed....

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    And, you can keep the spreadsheet with other notes on it; you don't have to do lots of testing. You might observe some of the Secondary Monitoring Tools in my signature link which can help you identify issues more quickly - things like intake and output, normal behavior and so on - perhaps weekly. It'll help keep things from sneaking up on you.

Squeaks & Nemo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.