Does Princess Spreadsheet look like she was bouncing?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Bryan & Princess, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

It all started pretty decent the first two weeks, then it went downhill these last two weeks.

I thought increasing her dosage made sense, but others think I am just overdosing and causing her to "Bounce" (dump glucose into her system because too much insulin)

So today I started to change back to 1u twice a day, instead of the 2 unit twice a day (and I was thinking of increasing the 2u to 2.5u because I though it was putting me in the right direction)

So confused.

See her chart below in my signature.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Even 1u may be too much based on the random blues and greens you were getting for PS numbers for the first few weeks. If this were my kitty, I'd be tempted to restart from 0.5u.

I notice that for most days you say no food 2 hours before every test. I'm not sure if you're doing this as a personal preference, but as a general rule for testing, the only time you need to pick up the food is 2 hours before the pre-shot tests. For the rest of the day its ok to leave food down to get an idea of what a normal day looks like.

4. Bryan & Princess

Bryan & Princess Member

I am just learning that I can leave food down all day while doing curve testing., vet started her at 1u, but maybe you are right 1u is too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.