CORKY'S NUTRITION

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, Jun 13, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Since I changed to Fancy Feast 1 1/2 years ago for Corky, all different flavors of food were welcomed but for the last 2 weeks, not only Corky but Coco as well, only want to eat the Fish & Shrimp Flake flavor, it started with all the meat and turkey flavors that were rejected, little by little they have all been rejected. Is it safe to just feed them, just this flavor? there are meals that I have had to open up to 2 cans, have them smell it to know if they like it, if they don't, they hide from me until they smell the Fish & Shrimp Flake food.
    Coco yesterday even gaged (it was funny) over the plate of food when she smelled it, it's frustrating the waste and the fear that Corky doesn't eat due to having an empty stomach to shoot insulin, Any suggestions???

2. A Fae

A Fae Member

I say feed them what they will eat. I don't like feeding fish to my cat as seafood has higher lead that's just a personal choice. It is a good food for diabetic cats. I just got this from chewy's site:
    Fancy Feast Flaked Fish & Shrimp Feast Canned Cat Food
    What is the carb %
    Answer by • Jan 25, 2023
    This food has a carbohydrate content of 0.16% as fed or 0.71% on a dry matter basis.

CORKY likes this.