Cool feature of the board

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

When you are reading a thread, there is a little triangle at the bottom right corner of each person's posting. If you click on this, it takes you back up to the top of the page! It's quite handy when there are lots of responses and you're all the way at the bottom of the screen. You all might already notice this, but I just discovered it so I wanted to share. :)

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey cool! I never noticed it. So much new stuff to get used to!

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

There's a lot of stuff I still don't know about. So please keep telling me when you find cool stuff.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Ele, see how there is a little "world" (globe) icon underneath Joanna's and my avatar, beside the "PM" icon? If you click on that, you will be taken to the user's profile on the old board. If you want to do that for yourself, here's how:

Go to the User Control Panel, then click on the "Profile" tab. On the "edit profile" tab, the very first line you can fill in is "Website". Just go to your profile on the old board, then cut and paste the URL into that "Website" space, then click "submit". Ta da, there's Blackie's 4-1-1 for all to see. :)

5. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Boy, do I feel dumb--I can't find the triangle. I also don't see the globe icon you said was below the avatar.

just saw that it says "top" on the bottom LEFT corner and that takes me to the top. No triangle. Is this a different viewing setup than you have?

6. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

OK, I changed my preferences in the control panel, now I see the triangle and the globe. I picked the supersilver special edition--or something like that? Is that the best one?

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it's completely personal preference - try all the options, and see what you like! I think Rebecca is still working on getting all the same features available on all 3 styles. Weird that it isn't automatic, but whatever. She is making changes to what shows in that box to the side where the Avatar is, so I'd give it a little time and see if at some point all 3 styles have the same stuff (I think the final cut on any style is still a work in progress).

8. Sarah and Buzz

People were saying that the subsilver looked more like the old board and that it was easier to read, but I think it just boils down to personal preference like Joanna said. I didn't even think about the styles when I was writing about the features. I am using prosilver, not the prosilversuperspecialsecretelite or whatever it is. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.