Christina & DoDo - Where'd you go?!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I stopped seeing entries into DoDo's SS, so now I'm all worried. You guys ok?!

2. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

Hi I just updated my post and sheet!

Thanks for asking about me Hope!

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Girl, you had me worried!!

Without midshot tests I can't be sure, but I think your dose may still be too high. I would bump it back and hold it at .5 or .8 for a bit. The crazy low then shooting high #'s look like rebound, but as I said, can't be completely sure without more data. Sorry if I asked before, but are you using U100's. I swear my brain is on vacation.

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hi Christina, I think Hope is right as far as bumping it back. I would lean towards .8 first. Try to get some mid numbers too cause that will help you figure out what to do next. You're doing great!

5. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

During the week, I don't really have that much choice about getting mid numbers.

I hope to get more this weekend.

I do find it very hilarious that little DoDo begins to lie down on the counter as soon as I start rubbing his ear. *lol*

I will bump it to the .8 and see what happens this weekend.

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

No worries. Whatever data you can get is good data :) We'll make sure to check in on you this weekend.

7. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

I haven't had a chance to update the spreadsheet yet (I track daily on my iPhone), but I did manage to get a curve in this weekend and we were in the low-mid 200s.

BUT, on the plus side, I think I know what has happened. My vet had prescribed the MD diet canned. I had multiple cans and figured, well I would trust her that this was not so high carby and would help solidify things-- much against my better judgment.

It does NOT agree with DoDo and sends him PS up the highest yet. I did bump him back to a full unit, but I am taking the rest of the cans back and going back to my Sophisticat/ Wellness rotation.

When I look at our recent spikes, I realized it was during an evening when I started feeding the MD and I realized even the spreadsheet did not reflect that (I was just copying and pasting the dinners).

8. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Good girl! Go with your gut and what your #'s are telling you. It may take a few days of the food switch to get back into gear again.

9. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

pretty sure that Hills MD is a high fiber food, which is very old school in treating feline diabetes. (and would play havoc with her numbers.)

On the other hand Purina DM is a 5% carb (as fed), high protein food which should be OK for kitty. Pretty sure the only non animal ingredients is guar gum which is used in tiny amounts in many commercial foods to bind it (not including the water, vitamins/minerals of course)

Wellness uses guar gum (and sweet potatoes).

10. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

Long weekend.... Sighs

Well, this weekend has just been traumatic. Dodo's shot schedules are all out of whack. My grandmother passed away suddenly on Saturday morning. It is almost six months to the day since my grandfather passed due to alzeheimers.

So my mom and I have been going back and forth to my hometown (two hours away).

I haven't updated the spreadsheet yet bit been lkeeping everything in my phone. We usually do a 7am and 7pm shot but had to move it to more 10pm to 10pm.

My anxiety has just been through the roof. My family is all acting nuts and irrational about valuables and some money that my mom and I knew nothing about and will now get none of it. I think it is most hurtful that it seems like greed is driving peoples motivations and it has just really disheartened Me.

11. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

From one anxiety-monster speaking to another anxiety-monster all I can say is that it is COMPLETELY understandable. Your kitty depends on you for care so that means you have to take care of you first. You are lucky that you understand that it IS anxiety that it is the enemy. Some cannot grasp that. It is a head trip for sure. If you can, ask your Dr. for some temp. anti-anxiety help for when you need it only.

12. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Anxiety-monsters unite!!! :) Sorry you are going through such a tough time. Familes can be SO weird can't they? That must be really hard losing both grandparents so close together, and your grandmother so suddenly. (((((Sympathy & hugs)))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.