Celebrations of reaching new milestone by Monkey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger Member

Greetings,

It is the fourth month I start taking care of Monkey's diabetes. In that period it is extremely rare for Monkey to be interested in any form of toy, probably due to neuropathy. But yesterday, he started to play with a new toy. He bite and scratched for like 10 minutes, and show great interest when I use a fake bird to play hide and seek with him in the blanket. This morning, he miraculously use the scratchboard. @jt and trouble (GA) @Nan & Amber (GA) @Bron and Sheba (GA)

He is stably currently having 0.5U. I am going to build a new ladder and high platforms for the cats to have fun under the ceiling. I find that high places is very important to cats.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, it is so good to hear from you and Monkey. I can’t believe how well Monkey looks. You have done a wonderful job looking after him. And it’s lovely to see him playing and happy.
    I looked at the SS and you don’t have any doses written up for several weeks. So you are still giving Monkey insulin? 0.5 units? and I see no tests in the pm cycles. Oh dear... please try and get one each pm cycle to keep Monkey safe!

How is PenPen?
    My cats love high places too!

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

:) :) :) :) :)

Oh, how marvelous!!! I love seeing him playful like that! He is very focused on his new toy!

You are doing such a fantastic job with him (and the rest of the crew), he's feeling better and better.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Tears of pure JOY here Peter! I remember poor Monkey when he looked so sad. Now look at him! I am overjoyed for his recovery and so VERY PROUD of you! hee hee heeeee
    GO MONKEY GO!!!!

I echo Nan's thoughts. Please keep his spreadsheet updated. I know you are stressed and working on projects but I HOPE you are testing and just forgetting to enter the data. . I know I would forget. ESPECIALLY when Monkey is doing so well lol.

Congratulations Peter!

jeanne

5. jt and trouble (GA)

Oh and PLEASE give your "crew" extra scritches from us!;):bighug:

6. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Our Hong Kong sugar kitties!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. jt and trouble (GA)

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news with us! Way to go, Monkey!! :cat:

Mogs

9. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger Member

How nice to see you people again. Sorry for replying late since things a bit hectic for me.

Yes, sometimes I am too tired to test his PM cycle every day since I become complacent as I feed him a big meal before I sleep and he has been very stable. Do you think I should restart PM cycle testing? I may need to rearrange my schedule.

PenPen is completely fine, except he starts to not like to eat Dr.Lisa's recipe food. I give him Can food and it is fine. FaFa is very fine, she looks like a normal cat now. All cats really enjoy the new toys and shelter I make for them

I want to add that Monkey's behavior has been greatly improved. He now pees on his letter box most of the time, so we do not need to take him to pee.

upload_2020-8-25_20-25-0.png

10. jt and trouble (GA)

Awwwwww MONKEEEEYYYY :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.