Cat's head shakes after eating and Vetsulin

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Alissa, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Alissa

Alissa New Member

Hi, I am new here. Anyone know why my cat's head shakes every now and then, especially after her shot? She is 14 and takes 2 units. Also, does anyone know where I can buy lactated ringers fluid bags for a good price? I have to pay $40 a bag at the vet's. My cat had kidney issues as well and is currently on 100ml a day. That adds up! Thank you.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Chewy.com has the lactated ringers ($8.54 for 1000 ml) (Petsmart owns Chewy and Chewy is doing all the processing for prescriptions that used to go to Petsmart) You need to enter vet info, and they will contact the vet to get a prescription. $10.99 at Petco online.

1-800 pet meds could not find it here.

I got a case of the lactated ringers from my local cat shelter, for a cat that was adopted from there. Paid the lower shelter cost for the meds.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

If you are in the US, check at Walgreens. You’ll need a prescription from your vet but it’s an option if you can’t get it through Chewys.

Insulin shouldn’t make your kitty shake her head. You might talk to your vet.