Calling UK Members - Cainsulin bottle size

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Douglas_my ginger cat, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Douglas_my ginger cat

Douglas_my ginger cat Member

Hi, I was wondering if Cainsulin is available in a smaller bottle than 40ml. I am only using just over half before the 28 days is up (I know I have a few days grace, but its still a lot of waste). My couple of questions are:

1. Does Caninsulin, in the UK, come in smaller bottle size?
    2. If so, where can I get these from, preferably online?

Many thanks!!

2. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Hi Anna, I’m not sure which if any of the UKers currently active on the board use Caninsulin. I know though there’s been a handful of new UKers in recent weeks and presumably they’ve all been prescribed Caninsulin. If you’ve noticed any you could tag them. Also ask on the main health forum in case some people hang out there rather than here.
    Also, you could do a Google search?

Douglas_my ginger cat likes this.
  3. Douglas_my ginger cat

Thanks Diana, i have now googled it (it was more quicker for me to post on here initially :))

Looks like there's 2.5ml bottle available. Just need to speak to the vet and see if they prescribe me that size instead :smuggrin:

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

Hi, It can work out cheaper to pay your vet for the prescription then order the insulin online.

I've had 2 different vets so far for Kyra and I think the prescription was £10 from one and £15 from the other (maybe a little more). Then if you buy online a 2.5ml of caninsulin is only £6.95 plus £7.50 for refrigerated shipping. (https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/caninsulin-suspension-for-injection)

I normally use petdrugsonline.co.uk but they only seem to have the 10ml bottles at the moment :)

5. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

looks ok here?
    https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/caninsulin-suspension-for-injection

6. Douglas_my ginger cat

I spoke to my vet and they can actually order in the smaller bottles, I have gone for 4 bottles for now and worked out a few pounds more expensive than the 10ml bottle. But will check out the online pharmacies and see if it is cheaper to do it this way.

Thanks for the help!

Critter Mom and KyraCat like this.