Buprenorphine (Bupaq) for vets - where to purchase online for European countries

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MargaretM, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MargaretM

MargaretM New Member

We are again going through pancreatitis episode. Already 4th of 5th time during last 3 years (diabetic since 2015 and on Lantus).

My question is.... only one vet that I know can provide us with Bupaq (Buprenorphine).
    She is far from me and to be able to get the medicine I first need to get prescription from my main vet, drive a long time, which I do anyway, but the process becomes complicated.
    My main vet says she was looking for a place where she'd be able to buy Buprenorphine (Bupaq), the one that is given into the mouth (on the mucosa) and works for 8 hours, but she wasn't able to find one.
    I was also looking and I cant find anything.

Does any of you have a knowledge where Bupaq (Buprenorphine) can be purchased online and shipped to European Union country? Of course with vet prescription, not to my hands directly but to the vet clinic?

Thank you for your help!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

How about asking a local pharmacist? Most of us are from the US and the furthest we deal with shipping is from Canada. There may also be local issue with a narcotic medication.

Yanna and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  3. Yanna

Yanna Member

I was wondering the same thing. Which country are you in?

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret,

Waves of empathy on the pancreatitis. Hope your little one feels better really soon.

VioVet have the Vetergesic brand of buprenorphine listed on their website but it's the injectable, not the oral preparation you're looking for. If you don't have any success elsewhere it might be worth contacting them to see if they could give you a steer about where to find a supplier of the oral med.

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Vetergesic-Injection-for-Dogs-Cats/c2256/

It might also be worth asking a local human pharmacist. They can often be really helpful!

Mogs

(NB: I typed this earlier but neglected to hit the Post Reply button. Apols for any repetition of info provided by other members.)

Yanna and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.