Blackie - pmps 78

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We didn't get any spot checks since this morning, so all I can do is hope that he didn't go too low today. He seems fine, got up on the kitchen chair for his test, food & shot. But he didn't get a shot and didn't get all of his food. We'll keep checking until we get a number to shoot.

Blackie's numbers are increasingly mysterious. This morning, his +1 was357 after an amps of 392. I am amazed that he could still be dropping with such high numbers. I would love to get some insight on this.

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Here's the problem as I see it. All of the dates/times where you have shot a number under 200 are in the evening and you don't have much data for +1 through +5. So it's hard to know whether you should lower the dose for a 100+ preshot. But you'll never know unless you try it. Unfortunately, you're likely to lose overlap tonight due to the low preshot.

Back to my favorite piece of advice: be systematic. I'd give him the rest of his food now. Then I'd keep testing until I knew he was going up. Then I'd shoot 2.2 and try to get a +1 and +2 and more if you're up. It may be too much; it may be too little. But you know how to handle the too much and the too little gives you information for what to do differently next time (try 2.3 instead of 2.2). This is the way you customize a scale for your cat: you bracket good doses, like 2.4, to accommodate special circumstances like tonight. I prefer to bracket in .1 unit doses, but if you're willing to shoot on a lower-than-normal preshot tonight, you should get a bit more piece of mind with the .2 unit decrease. (I really hope this makes sense.)

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Terri, that did make sense. At +13 he was 117 and we shot 2.2. I looked at Blackie's spreadsheet and we've shot that low before when I knew it was going up. I will get a +1 and then try a +5. You're right that our spreadsheet is a little slim on the left side. I do like to sleep sometimes. :mrgreen:

I'll post again in the morning and let you know how it goes. I'm hoping for an amps that's less than 392!

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Oh my....where are your priorities? I-)

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Good luck, Ele! I will be waiting to hear how he did overnight and in the morning.

Perhaps Blackie is bored with his role on ATBGR/L and wants to star in a kitty version of "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time". Strange book, btw, if you're looking for something to read in between tests, when you aren't sleeping. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.